1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Recommendation of USA Made Products

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by icrnk, Nov 7, 2011.

Tags:
  1. icrnk

icrnk Member

Car part

Grimmspeed Manual Boost Controller
    www.grimmspeed.com

Designed and manufactured in Minnesota

Nice look, build quality, and easy to adjust.
    [​IMG]

2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I try to buy American as much as possible. Bought some furniture a few weeks ago and paid a little bit more for American made.

Chinese crap falls apart faster then their basketball players.

1 person likes this.
  3. Child_Plz

Child_Plz Member

You get what you paid for, I don't really understand why people buy cheaper stuff and then complain that it's not top quality....

I mean look at the iphone, it's made in China and I never hear people complain about it's quality.

4. Acedude

Acedude Contributing Member

You 1) want to pay less for a product and 2) expect similar quality as its expensive counterpart?

Does not compute.

The Chinese product bashing doesn't really bother me, but it's weird how people feel entitled to complain about inferior quality when you pay an inferior price for something. You get what you pay for.

Gadgets and misc things like card readers, USB/HDMI/audio cables, etc, I'll buy Chinese 99% of the time because of the price. Also, I'll buy computer parts (Acer, Asus) made in China/Taiwan because they make the good stuff.

Things you need to rely on, like tools (wrenches, ratchets, etc), I'll pay more $$$ for the good stuff (Craftsman, Kobolt, etc), because I can't afford to have them fail on me.

How about exercising a little common sense and try to think about what you're buying.

/Chinese

Also, love New Balance shoes for my wide feet.

5. icrnk

icrnk Member

Quality is one thing, but there are also inferior products made in the USA. I just try to always look for USA made alternatives as the price is sometimes not much more for similar or better quality. For instance, Hallman has their manual boost controllers (mbc) made in China. They are used by and recommended by many car enthusiasts for their reliability. I choose to seek out a USA made alternative and found the Grimmspeed MBC that I thought had a better design. At most it cost $3 more to support an American worker, a favor I would hope be returned to me by some other American.

6. icrnk

icrnk Member

HardCore Hammers
    Very well made, bought my dad the more expensive hammer for work and bought the less expensive Blunt Force hammer for my cousin to use around the house.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got myself this shirt which is also made in the USA
    [​IMG]

7. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

Many of these t-shirts are made in the Northern Mariana Islands. They're allowed to use the "Made in the USA" label because they're a US territory, but they are exempt from a lot of our labor laws.

8. greenhippos

greenhippos Member

[​IMG]