1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

For all of you who said "F*** the NBA"...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ApuN, Nov 1, 2011.

1. TexasTofu

TexasTofu Member

I miss it very much as a fan of the NBA, and as a fan of the Rockets I miss it a lil less all things considered...

2. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

Can't ever get into college ball. I just get annoyed by all the bone headed plays. Not that the NBA doesn't have bone-headed players like Tyreke Evans, but in the college game people stick out more for having high bball iq.

3. da_juice

da_juice Member

I hope the lockout lets the NBA sort out is finances (hopefully that leads to a little more competition between teams) but I really want to see this be the last act for Stern. I'm sick of him.

4. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

The longer they jack around, the less I will think about it. Hard to get excited for their return when they're ruining seasons arguing about spending all our money. $10 beers, questionable officiating, superstar prima donnas...

I just can't pine for it like I used to. The longer they stay gone, it's on them. I will watch when they come back, I'm a Rockets fan, but every time something like this goes on in any sport, the fanatic in me wanes just a little bit more.

Battier for commissioner.

5. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

I can honestly say I don't miss it. The refs are terrible. The rules make for a less exciting game (they should allow any defense to be played). If there is a season, I'll might tune in after the Superbowl.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It is saving me money as I have not had to purchase league pass...

DD

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

'**** the NBA' doesn't mean that I don't want to watch them play, but being a long time fan i've reached a point where i'm sick of the ongoing nonsense.

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I'm getting to the point where i am tired of all the run-around, but still excited for the Rockets.

9. alethios

alethios Member

Is it me or is the league, players and agents all calmly telling themselves that the fan base will still be there just as strong once they've finally gotten their **** together? I never thought I would say this but I'm less inclined to care if an NBA season, even a partial one, is going to happen this year.

10. MONON

MONON Member

I've surprised myself. I'd forgotten about the missing of games until the San Antonio stations all carried clips about the Spurs not playing their 1st game. I had no emotion about it. Just another week without bb. Ho Hum!

11. raspar

raspar Member

I could honestly care less. What I hope is that after this lockout their revenues fall flat and they realize that their overpriced ticket prices need to be lowered.

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Haven't seen you around in a while. Anyway, we agree 100% on this topic.

13. Garner

Garner Member

Just gives me time to catch up on some Hardwood Classics.

14. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

If it's the same old NBA, even when it comes back I'm going to say 'F*** the NBA' because the Rockets will never win under the current CBA rules. Under what scenario would the superstars unite in our city?

Just because we're huge fans of basketball doesn't mean we have to watch a tainted product. College basketball is just starting to rear up and I can't wait.

15. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Nobody will care until they get eliminated from their fantasy football league, at the earliest.

16. ApuN

ApuN Member

I don't get this assumption "Under what scenario would the superstars unite in our city?" nonsense.

Superstars have united in our city before.

This continual idea that superstars won't come to Houston is not true and just plain silly.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yeah, yeah, yeah, still **** the NBA. And I'll probably say it again after the meeting Saturday/Sunday.

18. Ashes

Ashes Member

Not really.

I'm fine with college football and NFL.

19. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

haven't posted here in months... since the lockout started... but here it goes:

i haven't started missing the NBA yet, and neither have most sports fans. therein lies the biggest danger for the NBA. more than missing them, i'm upset with them. I happen to be on the owners side. I always thought players were overpaid on long-term guaranteed contracts, give me a break. the owners may be wealthier than the players but they also stand the probability of losing money from year to year, while the players only earn money. they can survive on less, but they won't make anything if they suck the well dry and teams start to fold. look at how things are playing out; its the big name big money players that are demanding the union not settle. why? because they'll have a job if some teams fold. the average players and bench players will be **** out of luck, and out of a job. they'll have to rely on their college degree (lol) and this job market to survive. the players are only hurting themselves if they force a deal that is TOO much in their favor.

bottom line, the owners are fighting for their businesses. for many small market owners, the nba is their main investment. if their team goes under it could ruin some of them. the players are fighting for maybe 10% of their salary. a large chunk indeed, but its obvious the owners have more to lose and the players will still be rich under the owner's proposed deal. rich for just playing a game they love. i think most of us would be happy to make our current salary to play baskebtall.

do i miss watching the rockets? yes. do i miss the nba as a whole? nope. eff it, i'll watch college. and the longer this plays out the more fans they will lose.

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/k1c_It0ekC0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

watch this and say you don't care about the nba

basketball > football