1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How to introduce my girlfriend who has 2 kids to my parents?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by pge71188, Oct 27, 2011.

Tags:
  1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Personally, I always care what my parents (or anyone I am close to that I respect) thinks. I trust their opinion and their judgement. That doesn't mean that I have to agree with it, but I am always interested in what they have to say and why.

1 person likes this.
  2. AXG

AXG Member

Qft, except for the "I wish" part.

3. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

:confused: contradiction city? What happens if he answered yes to one question and no to two questions? Doesn't that mean he should do both options?

4. Nook

Nook Member

Just tell your mom that you can only get leftovers.

5. luisantonio1014

Hopefully, the only thing that matters is that you're happy with her, and she'll be happy for you..... hopefully!

I was in the same situation.... My GF has a kid from her previous marriage, and she's 5 years older than me. My dad and brothers have already met her, and they approved. Now, only my mom and my sister are the only ones who haven't met her. At first, my mom wasn't sure what to think when I told her about my GF. She wanted me to find someone my age (with no kids obviously), but now she's cool with it, and she wants to meet her. She knows that I'm happy with her and that she takes good care of me, and that is what ultimately matters to my mom. Hopefully, your parents feel the same way.

6. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Dump her and find someone whos poon hasnt been destroyed.

7. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

If the story behind the kids matters, then she kinda is subjected to some form of judgment.

For some reason I cringe when a girl is all "My ex is OMG he is SUCH an *******, UUUUGH!". It might be what you want to hear so you know there's distance from her past engagements. Though it can still indicate she's unstable and immature. It coulda been HER fault for the breakup, its not always the guy's fault.

But then if she says "I get along good with my ex, though its for the kids", thats the "right" answer though its still baggage and a testosteroned goober you gotta be around.

Ex: Ashton Kutcher had to REALLY like Demi Moore if he doesnt mind Bruce Willis coming by for the occassional visit.

So I don't think its being THAT close minded.

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

True. Should have been "ALL" instead of "ANY." :eek:

9. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

teach her kids some really cool tricks.

1 person likes this.
  10. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Awesome. Hey mom, this is soandso, and she has two kids here they are. *frowning disapproval* Ahhh but wait, watch THIS!

Perhaps an "Aristocrats" reference is not appropriate.... but still... that is a good idea. However I do recommend finishing with the Drew Carey suggested zigzag arm flamenco/bullfighter style fingersnapping afterwards. That never fails.

11. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

The bright side, you know she puts out.