1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

'93 1st round(s), HOU vs LAC Game 5 tonight NBATV

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bro2044, Oct 20, 2011.

1. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Don't know who did or didn't know, tonight @ 8 on NBATV they'll be playing Game 5 of the 1st round 93 series. If I can't have a real season, I guess its a good sub to have these games being replayed. NBATV is replaying a lot of 93 first rounds, glad this one came up.

2. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

This is where Hakeem drops 31. And we advance.

3. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Man, that brings back some memories!

Larry Brown had that Clippers team playing pretty darn well. They also had a lot of talent in '93. Their backcourt of Mark Jackson and Ron Harper was especially talented.

I remember going to that game with my dad. Good times. Just wished we would have beaten Seattle in the next round. (And don't even get me started about that David Robinson shot after the final buzzer that the referees inexcusably counted in the season finale that cost us home court against Seattle!)

1 person likes this.
  4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think Gene Peterson almost lost his radio job at the end that game.

highlights of the clipper game

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_i1zXv_YEQI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

It got interrupted by Adam Silver press conference!

**** the lockout!

6. PhiSlammaJamma

Even though I felt we should have easily handled the Clippers going into the series, only to end up fighting every step of the way through this series, it turned out to be a huge stepping stone for us at the time. We needed this series badly. And I think ultimately it prepared us for similar challenges in the future, most notably the physical war against the Knicks a year later, another series I thought we were going to dominate going into it, but we ran into a style that took us out of our normal element, and yet overcame it and rised above.

1 person likes this.
  7. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

****ing lockout... I wanted to see more of the game.

8. RealistFan

RealistFan Member

If you guys missed it, you can watch the full game on youtube in good quality.

9. bro2044

bro2044 Member

not the highest scoring of games, but man its full of GREAT plays