1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans vs Jags

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Timing, Oct 27, 2002.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Yeah that's right Jax, we take Walker, Payne and Posey from you and then whoop your sorry butts. That's right biotch, repeat after me, "Thank you sir, I would like another!!!!!"

It's a pass from Gaffney to Glenn!!!!!

2. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

What a win by the Texans. Gaffney looked good and Carr is improving as well. I think we might be favored for the first time next weekend.

Bengals 14
    Texans 34

3. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

Good game, but we played like this the whole season. Glad we finally finished one strong. We should be able to make it two stright next week! Go Texans!

4. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

A helmet to helmet hit will always be a roughing the passer call. That was a good call.

6. Jared Novak

Jared Novak Contributing Member

Not that I'm a defender of the Bengals, but if their LG doesn't trip and fall and inadvertantly trip Corey Dillon, the Bengals come away with their first win.

Lets just take it one game at a time. Lets rejoice in this win, come back down to Earth tomorrow and focus on the next game. Lets not be like the Jaguars and look beyond a team we should beat, but a team that can suprise us, so lets give them the respect (what little it is) nonetheless, and focus on getting the win.

7. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I agree, great win but we should beat the Bengals next week, hard to say which team has more talent. Yes the Bengals have loads of talent just no cohesiveness and no QB. But gang I'll tell you one thing, the Bengals do not want to get beat by an expansion team. Yeah nobody does but a bad as their season is going, what a kick in the @$$ that would be. The Bengals have been looking better as of late but I'm hoping for a Reliant stadium blowout win. Give the hometown fans another home victory!
    GO TEXANS! I'm wearing my lucky light up Texan hat to work tomorrow, got to talk some smack to some Eagle fans about how we beat the team that beat them!:D

8. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Walker's helmet connected with Brunell's shoulder pads, from what I saw. If it was helmet to helmet collision, I guess I missed it.

9. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

It was helmet to helmet for sure. It was the right call.

10. T-2

T-2 Contributing Member

Walker's hit seemed like a bogus call at the time, but if you're sure that the helmet hit the QB's helmet, then I agree that is illegal. It sure wasn't a late hit, like that #^@!% color announcer was making it out to be. I don't want us becoming cheap shot artists or anything, but those kind of violent hits on the QB, as long as they're not late, are beneficial - not only does it shake up the QB for later in the game, but often results in fumbles, some for touchdowns.

Silly penalties not withstanding, we've done well our first year, and still haven't been shut out yet (may that string last forever)! I remember the Browns and Buccaneers were laughingstocks, and Jay Leno has still only ripped on Detroit and the Bungles.

11. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

It was a good call, and indicative of the kind of stupid penalties we've been making this season.

This team is good enough to be competitive every game, and just about has been. Nice to see it finally pay off and us not completely shoot ourselves in the foot as in past games.

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

What a great game for a Texans' fan!!!

GO TEXANS!!! Beat the Bungles!!!

13. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

No team likes to lose against an expansion team, but I think Houson is the team that should be embarrased if they lose next week...

14. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Houston is favored by 3.5 in the opening line, by the way.

15. codell

codell Contributing Member

Matt Stevens has to be the worst secondary player Ive ever seen on an NFL field. His tackling is horrible!

16. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Hell yeah Matt Stevens is terrible. I've been saying that since presaeson and I can't believe Capers and the crew haven't noticed it. He's slow and the only way he wants to tackle is on some sort of cheap shot. And Jemaine Lewis might have cost us the game today. He had 2 great returns then on the third one he coughs it up. I think we can find a good return man in the draft. Some one like Vasher should be there in the later rounds and I would take him. Our running game sucks and Our O-Line sucks. Carr might be the best runner on the team.