1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

GS Warriors 135, Orlando Magic 92

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Swopa, Nov 17, 2002.

1. Swopa

Swopa Contributing Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=221116009

Antawn Jamison scored all 22 of his points in the second half, but the Warriors were led by Murphy, Arenas and Richardson -- the three stars of their 2001 draft class who all have cracked Golden State's starting lineup.

Oh, and Erick Dampier had 3 blocks, all on drives by Tracy McGrady. :D :D :D

2. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

3. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

The Empire (western conference) Strikes Back

man i'm a dork

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

GS can do that ...on a given night. And, man, they have some talent! Jameson, Richardson, a very improved Arenas, a healthy Dampier...a tradable, eventually, Fortson...a not worthy of #3 Dunleavy...

5. Matador

Matador Member

Yes. Yes you are. :D

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Arenas' numbers look incredible. Are they just inflated or is that guy as amazingly talented as his numbers indicate? I have never seen him play. He is still very young, so if he's for real, they have found a gem.

7. lpbman

lpbman Member

I'm no scout, but I think Arenas is going to be a semi-stud ala Sam Cassell

thanks to NBA league pass, I'll be watching more of that talented backcourt

8. UNMKT4

UNMKT4 Member

His stats aren't inflated. Those are the type of numbers he needs to put up because they have no other guards to play.

If you're getting 40 minutes , night in and night out, he'll put up some numbers.

If Steve Logan ever signs on with GS, you'll see less of Gilbert, and a more balanced back court.

9. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Gilbert was a badass in college, probably the best player on that Zona team.

Three inches taller, and he's a lottery pick. As it is, he's sooooo smooth, its scary.

10. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

I agree Arenas was the best baller on that Arizona team. Arenas is not going to be a star though in the nba, just a above agerage player who can score. What about Troy Murphy, the next Rudy T? I wanted to draft Murphy but we ended up getting Griffin.

11. Swopa

http://www.sarkasmos.com/pete/highlights/10_vsMagic/dampblk_tmac.avi

(For the sake of bandwidth, please right-click the link and choose "Save Target As..." rather than just clicking to open it.)

:cool:

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Guess it was the Pacer's turn tonight. They clubbed the Magic by 36, 106-70.

13. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

HOw'd junior do?

14. Swopa

In the Orlando game, Dunleavy Jr. had 11 points on 4-of-8 shooting.

Since his now-famous awful start, over the last 4 games he's shooting 56.5% from the field (and a similar 55.6% on 3-pointers).

15. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Negatory. Arenas will be very good, he'll be a top 5 caliber PG, as he learns how to play the position as time goes by. He's always been a 2-guard, until now.

16. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

I've always thought Dampier had game. He always struck me as a good defender/shotblocker. Now his offense is looking pretty good too.

He's what I hoped Cato would turn out like. Tough D,shot blocker, can put the ball in the hole from 5ft in.

And Arenas, every time I see him play his shot looks like money. I think he outplayed J-will(Chi) recently. Matched up very well against Stevie when we played y'all too, although Steve gets much more team defensive attention. Excellent 2nd round find for G.S.