1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Raiders @ Texans Game Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Kewl.!!
    Back on the texans Train . . and it only has one rail

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jF_yLodI1CQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rocket River

2. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the defense did play pretty well, i'd agree. They are at the bottom of the b**** list. I still don't understand the safety blitz on the TD play on Allen, but over all not bad.

3. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Because he threw the game ending interception...great drives that end in bad picks shouldn't be praised.

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Jacoby Jones is terrible, flat out.

5. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Blame it on Schaub, blame it on Vickers, blame it on the O-Line, blame it on Kubes for not having a solution on offense, blame it on Smith for assembling a mediocre receiving corps after Andre, blame it on Rackers, blame it on the rest of special teams for being oblivious on that fake punt, blame Allen for having a pretty decent game except for that 1 drive where he completely sucked and gave up the Raiders only TD.

Plenty of blame to go around.

6. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

We all know how this story ends...Texans will make the playoffs and get up by about 21 points in the playoff game, only to lose in heartbreaking agony.

7. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

This was total team effort in fail. Schaub made terrible decisions. The line played bad. Kubiak chose to abandon the run. They dropped a sure TD. The raiders gave them every chance to win. Bad penalties bad coverage bad play calling and the Texans just did something equally bad to give it back.

8. bigbodymoe

bigbodymoe Contributing Member

What hurts much more than the loss is the Mario injury. Also Kubiak just said Casey also hurt his pectoral muscle

9. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Right now Jacoby Jones looks like Kareem Jackson on offense...he seems to fall down at every moment.

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

What happened to the defense? Where is this new and improved defense that we are supposed to have? It kinda looks the same. They still can't seem to stop anybody in the second half.:confused::confused::mad::confused:

11. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i agree. This certainly isn't all on him but he does deserve some criticism, but like usual, the simple minded place it soley on the QB...it's always been that was really.

Even on that last play, schaub threw a bad ball (no way he could have run it in), however, if you watch the replay closely you will see Jacaby take a sit down/block out position on the defender. Then he releases to theback of the endzone. Looks like schaub threw it based on that post up move and did not expect him to release.

A miscommunication on both parts.

12. ths balla

ths balla Member

a qb that just wins makes no sence. A qb wins because of his team of people around him. Trent dilfer won a superbowl in a year in which he threw 12tds and 11 ints and only threw for 1500. Players like Shaub dont have the luxurys that some other qbs have and situations occur in which you have to force the issue, you put some of those "winning" qbs in this same position and we dont even get a chance to win on the last second.

13. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

Is there anybody the Texans can bring in to play for Mario? Anybody?

What about Casey?

Three brutal losses today...

14. Beavis

Beavis Member

Actually squid did cost the game.

He could have ran to the line of scrimmage,the 3, the make jacobys defender bite and leave jacoby open.

Instead, schaub(squid) got to scared of being hit, so instead of making the defender bite, he decides to throw an int. And it wasnt like he was trying to throw it over the head of the defender so that jacoby can catch it in the back of then endzone..Nope. Schaub was so scared of the defender,that his arm threw the ball right into the defenders chest. Jacoby had no chance to even catch it.

So, not only did schaub not try to run it in, he didnt even try to run to the line of scrimmage to make the defenders bite, he then throws it directly into the defenders chest.

In about 3 seconds schaub made 3 mistakes.

Thats why he doesnt have "it". Thats why I said Id rather have tebow. Id rather have garrard. Schaub only looks good because of all the weapons. You know see that when 1 weapon is gone he is garbage.

Sure vickers messed up, and david anderson dropped a pass. But schaub does what fantasy qb's do. He puts up stats, he keeps you in the game, but he cant WIN the game.

We saw it last year against ravens.

props to moestavern. Mcfadden is better than foster. By far. Im starting to think that andre alone makes both schaub and foster better.

I cant believe some of you think schaub is top 6. On stats alone, yes he is. But Id rather have someone like mark sanchez that puts up average stats but isnt scared and can win you a game in the 4th. Schaub folds under pressure. Always has. Even the first year here he did. he wont change.

I cant believe some of you thought this was a 13-3 team. Ive been saying 9-7 all along. Kubiak going for field goals down by 8 with 3 minutes to go,softass coach. Schaub throwing ints instead of tricking defenders=soft.

I still say kubiak should be fired tomarrow morning. We could have hired hue jackson last yr , and id trade kubiak for jackson anyday.

i say snatch cowher up before the giants do. Of course,the texans will wait till its to late before making any decisions from the top level.

aggies = dumb

rick perry,kubiak see the simliarity there?

15. bigbodymoe

bigbodymoe Contributing Member

If he's out for the year I can see them bringing back Nading if he hasn't signed elsewhere

Moe

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

(Yeah, does no good to not have the questions but...)
    Kubiak:

-(talking about the last play I believe)From my vantage point, had a crease to move. I cant tell from the sidelines. Have to go back and look at film.

-He(Mario) and Casey have pec problem. We'll see. McCain dinged. QB got his knee banged. Brisiel has an ankle.

-We just were trying to overcome mistakes all the time. One thing after another all day long. On O, without looking at film, they(Raiders) controlled the LOS. Give them credit. We made big plays throwing which gave us a chance but gotta do something at the LOS.

-They pressured us a lot. A lot of blitzes. Had chances to make plays. A lot of balls tipped. Give them credit. Gotta get the ball in the right spot to beat the blitz. THey did bring a lot of pressure.

-(on Schaub -if he's hurt or not)Other than being beat up after a football game, I think he's ok. We'll find out about his knee.

-I didnt like the way we were running the ball, handling the LOS.

-To be in a position that we were in with 8 secs left, we had a shot. You throw it away if you dont have a play. Had a chance to overcome problems but we didnt do it. They found a way to win.

-When you lose, nothing is good enough. I grade guys on film. Wont grade guys right here in front of you.

-ST wasnt good. Got a punt blocked. Had some penalties. Got beat on the fake punt. We worked on that all week. As coaches, gotta see why we didnt handle that. Gotta figure out what we need to do better there.

-Disappointed in how we played. I tell players all the time, if you play good, you'll win. We knew this team would play well. We didnt match that play. They get the W. Disappointing, gotta make corrections and move on.

-(Believe he's talking about the Raiders emotion/Al Davis passing)There is emotions every week in every game but the team that plays the best wins the game. We didnt do that today.

-League lost a good man(Al Davis). My condolences to his family/that organization.

-We got our butts kicked.

-We were playing with 3 WRs. Played with 3 WRs and then went to 2 TEs. ... I dont know, when you dont win, nobody played good enough, no one coached good enough. Its not about one guy, its about the team.

17. ths balla

ths balla Member

he is so bad its pathetic

18. E_Saiyan

E_Saiyan Member

It bothers me when people say "oh it wasn't just matt's fault we lost. We failed as a team on multiple levels." If Schaub runs in at the end and wins the game, I'm certain most of you would be praising his game winning effort. Instead of a "I'm mad at Matt Shaub," we'd have a "Matt schaub appreciation" thread. No one would remember the valiant effort by the d-line with their top player out, or cushing's monster game, or yet another stellar game by j. Joseph." Fact is the QB position is the highest paid because more often that not they are given the most praise for winning and most blame for losing. I would respect Schaub for running in on that play and falling short than by throwing that behind the shoulder int. Pathetic.

19. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

G#$)@#^&#(&)@(&DAMN IT, VICKERS. :mad:

[/end REAL FAN trolling]

:(

20. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I think some of those throws where it looked like Matt wasn't being accurate were because of Jacoby running poor routes and coming out of his break slowly so that he couldn't get to where he was supposed to be.