1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

East dominating West

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by CLFranchise, Nov 15, 2002.

1. CLFranchise

CLFranchise Contributing Member

All three games tonight (Thursday the 14th) are being won by Eastern Conference teams over West teams. The Wizards beat the Jazzholes, 76ers beat the Spurs, and the Magic are whipping the Clippers.

I remember last year, everyone talked about how the West dominates the East big time and etc. etc. I want to know, whats different this year? I'm really really glad these Eastern Conference teams are whipping the West teams, making our playoff chances better, but how are we going to match up with the East? :confused:

2. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

1-5 in the West are awesome while 1-10 in the East are strong.

The NBA champ will come from the West.

3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Rocket fans will love most of the East/West East wins. We're now the number three/tied team in the league because of their wins.

4. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

After tonights 3 wins, the East is ahead 30-26 in interconference play. (It was a graphic on "Inside the NBA").

#4 GATER, Nov 15, 2002
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2002
  5. CLFranchise

CLFranchise Contributing Member

See, last year, they never were ahead (I'm pretty sure). Whats changed from last year? How are they much better? Do you think the Rockets will struggle against them too? We've only had two games against East teams, Indiana and Toronto, and we're 1-1 so far.

6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The difference is that LA, Sac and Minn are injured and Utah and SA are playing like crap.

7. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I would simply call it an early season anomaly.

With the exception of the Mavs, the western teams haven't started out strong either. I don't expect the Spurs, Lakers, Blazers, and Kings to keep playing as bad as they have. Even the Grizz and the Warriors should be able to feed easily off of most of the Leastern teams.

8. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

I personally think a healthy Nets team could give a healthy Spurs, Mavs or Kings team all they could handle--I think they are pretty much as good as those teams. They just don't match-up well against the Lakers. The Kings are the best match-ups for the Lakers.