1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My Faith in Religion Is Gone

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Manny Ramirez, Oct 1, 2011.

1. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Debated whether to take the time to respond to this, especially since this thread is about and for Manny and I don't want to derail it.

I think there are misconceptions about Joel and Lakewood. I had them too before I started going all the time. No one there scoffs or ignores the history and teachings of christianity. They are very Bible-based and preach from it all the time. And, what you call "watered-down" I call weeding through the heavy-handed, beat you over the head attitude that many churches display and they talk about how to honor and accept God through your every day life. They WANT you to learn about the Bible and the history of christianity. But, you should honor God by doing it on your own, or go to Bible-study classes of some kind.

I'm sorry, I never liked going to Catholic services or their preachings. To each their own. That's my preference. They preached that you MUST do so many things in order to earn God's love. God's love is there for all of us no matter who you are or what you've done in your life. It's just like your Father. He's is there for you and loves you no matter what. The more you honor him (and we're talking about things like speaking highly of Him, taking care of others, treating EVERYONE like they're your brother, having faith in Him, etc), the more he will grace your life. That doesn't mean you're not going to go through some rough spots. There IS another side to this whole thing that doesn't wan't you to be happy or for you to see your full potential. The catholic churches made God out to be your employer, where you MUST do so many tasks before getting paid.

Every church I've ever been to passes around the bucket/basket for tithes and offerings. Lakewood is no different, so not sure where you're going with that whole give them money deal.

Look, you're free to feel whatever about Joel or TD Jakes or whoever. I'm not going to get into a debate about all of that, especially since it's been done on these boards before (funny that at that time I was on the other side of the argument). I like Joel, but I don't agree with everything he, and Victoria, says and does. I go for preachings and go to meet good people. And, I'm certainly not trying to promote Lakewood. I'm just sharing my experiences and how they helped me through my hard times.

Again, this thread is for Manny and it should stay that way. I'm not saying anymore about it. Again, I invite you, or anyone else, to try out one service and judge for themselves.

2. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Thanks guys for all the posts and well wishes, whether you are a Christian or not. I had a really good visit with my son yesterday and of course, after I took him home to his mother, I cried inconsolably because I miss him so much. I wonder if I am doing the right thing by having him see me only once a week but I could not continue to live with my ex-wife. She was a very toxic person to me.

The teaching job has been harder than expected but at least I have a job. I am going to keep leaning on my family and friends to get me through it. I am already looking into trying to write music blogs once school is out. Who knows - maybe I'll get a job working for pitchfork...I can only dream, can't I? I'll probably try to get on something stronger than lexapro but it will be after consulting with a professional.

2 people like this.
  3. Rumblemintz

Rumblemintz Member

I'm not a doctor or a professional in this matter but I'd wager that if you've been happy for the majority of your life but are now depressed due to your circumstances then you most likely do not have a chemical problem which anti-depressants are designed to address. They can actually work against you. Doctors are real quick to prescribe these things now. Educate yourself on how these things work.

Good luck

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.
    Buddha

5. Beavis

Beavis Member

I have faith, why didnt you mention me in the OP?

The fact is, God doesnt care about you now. Its in the bible that satan is the god of this world(earth) but once you die if you are good you get to heaven to be with god. Most people lose faith or are bad and get reincarnated back to this purgatory (earth).

God is watching, but like a test he is allowing the devil to run this world,to test the faith of people in god. God doesnt want you to have it easy. If everyone had it easy, then humans would get spoiled and turn away from god.

Trust me when I say, the worse the economy gets the more people will turn to god. Some people like you will turn away and lose faith, but when it gets worse you will get scared and have no other choice but to go crazy and be an anarchist or turn to god.

The idiots on wall street protesting have turned against god and most are atheists. Losers. Will get no where in life except drugs or jail. Meanwhile,god loving people have trust in god and god will pull them threw this tough world. They dont need to color their hair green like those protesting wallstreet. They actually work since god says to work. They dont sit around and do drugs like the protesters on wall street.

Besides,theres been to many miracles and bad things to happen to say there isnt a spirit world. If there are bad things,you call it satan,but then say there is no god. You cant have it both ways. God doesnt want to "hold your hand". He gave you the bible to follow and if idiots wont follow it,then god will turn against you and demons will eat you up.

Somewhere in your life you did something bad. You wont discuss your skeletons in your closet on this forum because you would get embarrassed or banned. Im the only one here that opens up about my problems and bad faults. Its embarrassing to me but atleast Im real unlike those that try to act powerful behind their computers.

If you crossed the wrong girl for instance, she may have prayed for something bad to happen to you,and god is granting her wish. Someone has either put a curse on you ,or you did something bad. Period. Good people know they are good and dont get depressed or lose faith in god. They know god has their back and you can see it in their faces.

The fact you made this thread proves you dont think youre a good person otherwise you wouldnt feel like god is against you.

6. Beavis

Beavis Member

You know, every buddhist I have met has acted like a smartass. They think they are smarter than everyone because its hip to be buddhists. Heres my comeback to every one of them: If Buddha thinks he can save himself,then why did he turn into a ****** with a heart attack any second? hes a hypocrit. Obesity leads to so many problems, so for buddha to act like he is "the way" is a joke. Its just some fat guy that turned against god, and had some fancy sayings. People blindly followed him,(like the fake prophets these days like warren jeffs).

7. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

more like Butthead

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I try and follow the bible, and it's nothing at all like anything you've talked about. It has little or nothing to do with anything you've talked about.

I guess we'll just have to disagree about the bible. The one that I read and follow that talks about Jesus doesn't sound anything like the one you are talking about.

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Actually it's clear by your post that you know nothing about Buddha. Anyone who blindly follows Buddhism isn't following Buddha's teachings. If Buddhists are smartasses, it's because we're encouraged to question everything no matter who's talking.

BTW, Buddha lived to be 80 years old 2,500 years ago. I'll take that.

10. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

You sound like you have all the answers, Beavis. Have you thought about having a blog or a twitter account?? I could follow you and all my problems would be solved!

11. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Bahahaha! Wow, can you be anymore self-righteous? Anyone that feels like he actually knows God's motives and favors he grants to those who pray to him are seriously f#^$ing delusional. Oh, wait, I'm sure you have all the answers, afterall, you're 'beavis'...LOL. Crap like this just enforces my belief that when mommy and daddy pound in your brain that you should believe in something that is impossible to prove exists you'll do it regardless of how irrational it may be. Racism, prejudice, hate, religion...thanks mom and dad...society is so f#&*#ed up sometimes

12. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Yikes Superretarded III.

13. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Wasn't gonna say it, but seriously, when you are depressed is the worst time to contemplate religion.

14. dback816

dback816 Member

I nominate this as a Troll Post of the Year candidate

1 person likes this.
  15. SacTown

SacTown Member

Look here is the bottom line. Manny got involved with a toxic woman and a toxic relationship. She made him miserable, he spent almost all of his money, he sacrificed for her, he gave gave gave and she took took took. Now he's 38 years old and has been beaten down to **** like a prize fighter at the end of 12 rounds. His manhood has been taken from him, he has no testosterone left in his body, he probably didn't exercise much nor take care of his health while this leech of a woman was sucking the life out of him. Now he's beat down, miserable, and feels washed up - and he's looking for things to blame. This week it's religion.

I'VE SEEN TOO MANY MEN GO THROUGH THIS. Do not. I repeat, DO NOT let a woman do this to you Manny. YOU ARE A MAN. Stop looking at religion as the cause of your problems, do not look at a mid life crisis as the cause of your problems, do not look at the economy or a job loss as the cause of your problems. LOOK AT THIS WOMAN who stripped the life out of you. GET YOUR FREAKING LIFE BACK. Start hustlin, GO TO THE GYM, get in amazingly bad ass shape, get a job, hell get 2 jobs with all of your new found freedom and time, minimize and get rid of your stuff - it weighs you down, get a small apartment and start saving money, take some testoserone replacement therapy if you need to - there are scientific studies that when men are in toxic, miserable relationships with women their testosterone levels drop and then they get down and depressed. Become a man again Manny. That's all you have to do.

**** religion, **** going to church, **** prarying, **** dating, **** plentyoffish.com, **** social norms. Just be a man again. And in 3-5 years of following my protocol you will have a nice body, you will have 100k or more saved up due to your new minimalistic lifestyle and your career will be taking off because you are focused on work instead of on a woman. THEN you can start traveling. Go see the world visit other countries. Go to thailand and bang hot willing thai woman, the phillipenes - it's beautiful, go to france and spain and drink the amazing wine there, go to japan - it's an amazing place! You'll feel human again. Then if you really really really want another woman, at this point in your life at the age of 42 you will be desirable again - and you can go straight to Ukraine and find an amazing beautiful feminine woman who won't beat you down into the current estrogen filled pulp of your present self. OR you can stay single and go to Vegas every weekend if you choose and you can post it on your facebook page and everyone of your miserable friends will be incredibly jealous of your newfound manhood and freedom in your life.

You have one simple problem right now and my recipe above WILL SOLVE IT. God won't.

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Going to the gym and/or starting some sport sounds like a good idea.

17. SacTown

SacTown Member

You don't need lexapro. You need testosterone. You cried uncontrollably when you took your son back to his mother? I think you are a good dad and that's great, but you have too much estrogen in your body. Go get your testosterone levels checked. If they are below 400 then you need TRT (testosterone replacement therapy) and the doctor will prescribe it.

18. Nook

Nook Member

Exactly... this will get you where you want to be... not Joel Osteen and his "We are all winners" pop BS, not lexapro or anything else... YOU can do it.

19. SacTown

SacTown Member

Show me a miserable, out of shape, depressed man on anti depressants and I'll show you a woman responsible for it.

20. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

<div style="background-color:#000000;width:368px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:southparkstudios.com:104224" width="360" height="293" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="." flashVars=""></embed><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><b><a href="http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s05e06-cartmanland">Cartmanland</a></b><br/>Get More: <a style="display: block; position: relative; top: -1.33em; float: right; font-weight: bold; color: #ffcc00; text-decoration: none" href="http://www.southparkstudios.com/">SOUTH<br/>PARK</a><a href="http://www.southparkstudios.com/guide/episodes/s05e06-cartmanland">more...</a></p></div></div>

When I see threads like this, I'm reminded of this. Of course they left out the part Job at the end when God gave Job twice of everything. Moral of the story, God is testing you, things suck. It's hard to have faith right now, I wish you the best. Just because things aren't good, doesn't mean it's not a part of his plan. Now God may not give you everything you want, but at the end, even when you're losing faith and turning yourself away from God, he'll be there and hopefully give you what you need.