1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] Spartacus : Vengeance

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

January 2012.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GObQ_VCGu6w" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="390" width="640"></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  2. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

So guy gets pissed because his wife was sold into slavery. And then he becomes a gladiator? Wasn't that the first season?

3. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I don't get that he returns to gladiating but I'm glad it's coming back.

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Will watch, will greatly miss Andy... Will never be the same, or as good as the first season.

5. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

I watched the second season, but it felt like a chore... probably will watch 3rd season but it's losing me

6. rhino17

rhino17 Member

where do you get that from? Gladiator battles will not be feautured this season. This year is about Spartacus, Crixius, Oenamaus, and Gannicus building their army and fighting the Romans and Lucretia likely plotting her revenge on Spartacus' gang. The few gladiator scenes shown in the clip were from previous seasons.

Not really

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

They're both slaves. All gladiators were slaves.

8. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

The show coming on now is the 2nd season. Gods of the Arena was a prequel and was only made because Andy Whitfield was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin lymphoma.

9. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Can't wait! Second season was not as good as the first season, but it was still awesome!!!!

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

guh not the same without Andy, I'm on the Ghanagus boat now.

11. VanityHalfBlack

From Wikipedia:
    This one, Vengeance is the 2nd season...

12. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I'm pumped. Blood and Sand was great, Gods of the Arena was great... gonna miss Batiatus and the O.G. Spartacus, but I'm really looking forward to this.

13. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

IMDb IMDb

14. VanityHalfBlack

OH MAN!!!! THAT SO FOCKING SAD!!!! His legendary portrayal of Spartacus will live on forever, R.I.P.....

15. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

That really sucks. RIP

16. playlife

playlife Member

'Spartacus' star Whitfield dies of lymphoma at 39

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Andy Whitfield, who played the title role in the hit cable series "Spartacus: Blood and Sand," has died at age 39, according to representatives and family.
    Whitfield died Sunday in Sydney, Australia, 18 months after he was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin lymphoma, manager Sam Maydew told the Associated Press.
    "On a beautiful sunny Sydney spring morning, surrounded by his family, in the arms of his loving wife, our beautiful young warrior Andy Whitfield lost his 18 month battle with lymphoma cancer," Whitfield's wife Vashti said in a statement. "He passed peacefully surrounded by love. Thank you to all his fans whose love and support have help carry him to this point. He will be remembered as the inspiring, courageous and gentle man, father and husband he was."
    Andy Whitfield — who was born in Wales and moved to Australia in 1999 — was a virtual unknown when he was cast as the legendary Thracian slave in "Spartacus," a role made famous by Kirk Douglas in the 1960 Stanley Kubrick film.
    The series proved a breakout hit for the Starz network and made waves with its graphic violence and sexuality.
    Whitfield appeared in all 13 episodes of the first season that aired in 2010, and was preparing to shoot the second when he was diagnosed with cancer.
    While waiting for Whitfield's treatment and expected recovery, the network produced a six-part prequel, "Spartacus: Gods of the Arena," that aired earlier this year with only a brief voiceover from the actor.
    But in January after Whitfield's condition grew worse, the network announced that another Australian actor, Liam McIntyre, would take over the role.
    "We are deeply saddened by the loss of our dear friend and colleague, Andy Whitfield," Starz President and CEO Chris Albrecht said in a statement Sunday night. "We were fortunate to have worked with Andy in 'Spartacus' and came to know that the man who played a champion on-screen was also a champion in his own life."
    Whitfield's previous credits included appearances on the Australian TV shows "Packed to the Rafters" and "McLeod's Daughters."

http://news.yahoo.com/spartacus-star-whitfield-dies-lymphoma-39-004301065.html

17. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Wow. I knew his cancer had returned, but...I don't know, I guess I expected him to beat it being as young, strong, and fit as he was. Very, very sad.

The show won't be the same without him, but I think one of the great things that came out of GotA (which I really enjoyed, in some ways more than B&S) was that it showed the show was interesting even without Spartacus, and gave a little buffer of time to get used to the new actor.

18. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Damn that sucks. RIP Andy!

19. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

It's amazing to think that someone that looks this healthy 2 years ago can be dead today. You never really know when it's going to be your time.

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ISG2_5RtZSs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. PlanetG

PlanetG Member

big RIP to Andy... such a bummer there.

Looking forward to the return of the show, hopefully it'll rock on.