1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

it's difficult to put into words how bad tim hardaway sucks on ESPN

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by chievous minniefield, Nov 1, 2002.

1. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

really.

what's up with that? what were they thinking?

they have had great success with getting former players to be analysts/talking heads [harold reynolds, sterling sharpe, etc.], but he is a failed experiment.

hardaway can't even finish his own sentences. it's embarrassing.

2. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

You are right. He does suck.

3. LiLStevie3

LiLStevie3 Member

Not only is it difficult for you to put into words, but it's difficult for Timmy as well :)

4. chievous minniefield

5. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

LOL. ESPN is horrible. Luckily I live in Philly so I can listen to the Philly local game coverage, instead of hearing Sean Elliot.

6. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Tim seems to always have jitters. He seemed nervous during the first broadcasts, and often stuttered...Surely they considered how good an analyst Tim could be before they hired him. If so, when will he improve?

There also seemed to be no chemistry between Tim and his partner during halftime.

7. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

They should try replacing Tim with Carrot Top. At least CT wouldn't b**** at Pat Riley, and he would have a little (or a lot of) enthusiasm.

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

I met him 2 times in the offseason when he would play pick up games in the Bay Area (I was just watching) - he is not a very bright guy.

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This was brought up in the initial thread about ESPN's NBA Presentation. When Tim was first hired I was stunned as I knew he just was not a good speaker. Seeing him the last two weeks confirms it. He just does not have anything thought provoking to say and the worst part is he just cant spit out whatever bland comments he is trying to say! He is too jittery. Not very smooth at all.

The studio anchor, Kevin Fraser, is PILING up assists each segment helping Tim find his words. It really is embarrising! I liken it to the Eric Dickerson hiring on ABC for sideline reportings on MNF a few years ago. They just can't speak! ESPN HAS to get rid of Hardaway. I just cant imagine why they picked him in the first place.

To be honest, I think ESPN is doing a decent job, but Tim is the one black eye on the presentation.

Chris

10. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I'm looking at the half-time report of the Warriors-Sonics game and I was so disgusted with Hardaway in that program I started to make a thread just shredding him, thank god you already have one! Words can't describe how that man is just killing that program and torturing my desire to watch NBA highlights on that program. I'm dead serious, I'm watching the highlights with the sound turned down as I type this. If Turner Broadcasting has any brass cahones they'll pop a cap in this experiment right now. I know it could be early, but god help me it's horrible to listen to.

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Luckily we only get Hardaway once a week. On Wednesdays it appears that Boo-Yah Stewy Scott flies solo in the studio and on the Tuesday FastBreak highlight look-in show Sean Elliott is the analyst in the studio. Tim once a week...still is one time TOO many!

Chris

12. Timing

Timing Member

I just heard Tim Hardaway say that the Bucks tried to make Glen Robinson an escape goat. :D

13. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Contributing Member

I saw him for the first time tonight during the halftime show. I just seems like he has nothing insightful at all to say. I can handle a commentator not being the most articulate speaker as long as he makes valid points. When his speech stumbles I mentally know where he should be heading to complete the sentence. However, when he finally completes the sentence it doesnt even make sense. Also does anyone else notice that he has the on air personality of a robot?

KT

14. AGBee

AGBee Member

Hey, Timmy is a member of the Reading is Fun-demental treehouse club, not the speech club.

15. lpbman

lpbman Member

Yes... Tim is just awful

Harold Renolds on baseball tonight bugs me too... but at least what he's trying to say has value

take some classes Harry... come back next year, better than ever (please)

16. chievous minniefield

from what I've seen of Sean Elliott, he seems like he has real potential.

but I can't imagine a tv talker being much worse than hardaway.

the ESPN presentation in general has seemed 2nd class so far.

although I think the Fastbreak show on tuesday night is kind of a cool concept.

17. OverRRated

OverRRated Member

;)

If only he and Tolbert would be banned from anything related to basketball........