1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

astrosconnection.com - the guillotine drops

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by A-Train, Oct 2, 2002.

1. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

http://www.astrosconnection.com

It is a sad day for Astros fans everywhere. :(

Well, at least Kev and Scott gave us a nice fireworks display as a going away present...

2. Buck Turgidson

3. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Man, the last time I heard that song was when I was in Australia. I went to an Aussie Football game to see the Canberra Raiders. Apparently, the best player on that team, maybe ever, was retiring or going to play Rugby in England. After the game, they played that while he walked around the whole stadium. I can't remember the dude's name, but I guess the Aussie bbs members could help me with that.

I never really got into astrosconnection.com, so I'm not upset, but it shows you what kind of a year this team had. Everything just went wrong at the wrong time. At least we have a good pitching staff, now we just need some more bats.

That was funny how they put the quote "All your base are belong to us!" with an iron chef. Man, and Phoebe Cates was hot, though I doubt she aged nicely since you never see her anywhere and she's about to hit 40. I know, "whatabout Madonna, or Rene Russo?"

#3 Oski2005, Oct 2, 2002
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2002
  4. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

The only one I miss from that site is the goofy snaggle tooth pic of Rocketman Tex....

5. Phi83

Phi83 Contributing Member

I loved that site!!! :(

6. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Yeah, I've been pretty bumbed about that all week. Hopefully orangewhoopass can live up to it's high expectations...

:)

7. Dusty Bottoms

Dusty Bottoms Member

The only thing I ever looked at that site for was Michael N's minor league opinions/crop reports. Does anyone know if he's going to write for orangewhoopass?

8. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Looks like Orange Whoopass is up and running. I must admit I am a bit disappointed. All they have is a message board. Their message board was fun to read, but I enjoyed the columns there must more. Hopefully the site will improve and expand.

Orange Whoopass

9. Greg M

Greg M Member

The staff at orangewhoopass.com has a ton of work to do. They do plan on making it a site with Michael N's minor opinions as well as a ton of other pieces. Just be patient. This is not an easy task they're undertaking.

10. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i really liked that site:(

11. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Astros Daily is better. :D

12. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Aren't you an expos fan?

13. Michael N

Michael N New Member

Thank you, DB. You are very kind to say such nice things about my columns and reports and the words are appreciated. We've still got quite a bit to do in putting together a comprehensive site which will do justice to our predecessor, but we hope all Astros fans will enjoy OW.

Am hoping to do all sorts of new things with my columns and if you have any suggestions/questions please send them to me at michaeln@orangewhoopass.com.

Since THE VOID has officially started with the end of the World Series, I guess all that is left to say is... GO ROCKETS!!!

14. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Yep, Maw loves that pitcher too!;)

I'm going to miss AstrosConnection for their sense of humor and the glossary of "special" terms. I hope OrangeWhoopass.com lets me get freaky on some series previews, especially against the stinkin Stem, the Dojers, the Philthies and the Brew-hahs. It was always fun writing those after drinking 8 beers and a few shots of George Dickel...with no dinner, of course!

#14 RocketMan Tex, Nov 3, 2002
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2002
  15. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Cool, Michael N. I look forward to your columns as well...especially after a rough season with no playoffs. Getting to see the young 'uns come along is about the only fun thing to do (being Astros fans, we can't really look forward to any huge free agent signings). Keep up the good work!

16. BALLhog 247 365

17. Christopher

Christopher Member

Im guessing the player you saw retire was Lauire Daley

:)

18. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Well, as the former and current "cougar" on AC and Orange, I must say that I miss the site. Kev and Scott did a trememdous job, and the pages were great. I hope they let Orange link to some of the things on there just to keep the spirit alive. In the meantime, hey Mike get a softball game going I want to actually show up before the second game and NOT be embarrassed by striking out :D . Let's hear it for second chances!

19. red

red Contributing Member

Dickel...mmmmmmmmm...good stuff