1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Smeg league Footy?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by LonghornFan, Jul 29, 2011.

1. PhiSlammaJamma

I'm not the only one saying it. open your eyes.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

If we include the emails I will never once complain. You have my word.

3. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Somebody needs to step up and take over this league and we can find someone, as there were a several other interested, to take over my team as well. I mean reading these posts and basically accusations being thrown out aren't worth it as I got bigger issues to deal with as I am currently recovering from another surgery.

When I initially did it, I forgot that I could find some of the emails on the website (not all there by the way), as is evident by why I asked in a earlier posts if someone had the emails of Jent and others to see if they were still playing in the league - nobody mentioned emails then.

Bottom line, I got bigger things to deal with then trying to cheat in fantasy football (as though the first pick guarantees championship, the last two seasons the first pick gave you a losing record). Ironically enough, when it came up with that draft order, I was going to redo it to avoid listening to the comments and whining, but felt that would be the wrong thing and unfair thing to do (basically would be cheating) - especially in regards to the others and their position they got in the draft. The crazy thing is we use do draft position by pulling names/numbers out of a hat on the Clutch forum and that could never been rigged......:rolleyes::rolleyes:

So I will step down, let someone else who can do better take over, just email me (email address is on the website) and let me know - as well will need the $59 for the league. I just don't believe all the years being in these leagues as a very active/committed player and helping out where I could that I deserve or should have to deal with hearing some of the things being implied here........as I said I have bigger fish to fry, especially regards to my health of late.

Let me know by email...............

4. PhiSlammaJamma

We like you and we like competing against you. Commish is never easy. It's a thankless job. But if you just put the emails into the draft generator then you're all set each year. Nobody can doubt the result. We'll get the results and live with it. The technology was developed and made available in order to make your life easier as commish because everyone believes in it.

5. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Rook happy to help a little, how about if everyone emails me at gmail.com and we can get the order out?

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Maybe I'll go find a league to play in where people don't act like 12 year old girls.

Seriously, the same **** every year and its ****ing pathetic.

7. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Rook, don't leave completely. You're a fun guy and you bring a lot to these leagues. You are in my top 3 of people from this BBS I would most want to get a beer with.

I believe you just spaced on the e-mails and that there was no malicious intent. If you have health concerns, it probably makes sense to step down as commish. You should still run a team, though if at all possible.

8. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

I've played in this for the past few years and I used to complain about the draft order. Now I'm numb to it and just want some ****ing competition. This lockout was enough to put me in fantasy football depression and now I just want this **** to start.

So if someone doesn't like where they are, just switch with me. I don't give a flying ****.

Rocketball, just ignore the namby-pamby bull**** and let's get this draft started. :cool:

#48 Rockets34Legend, Aug 8, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  9. thametall89

thametall89 Member

I can't believe we're going through this again.

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I just think its silly to b**** and moan over a pretend game with no money at stake.

I guess maybe if I got the 10th pick 2 years in a row I'd be b****ing about fairness too.

11. PhiSlammaJamma

I didn't bring up the issue last year after the emails were used and I got a low pick, did I? Nope. You know why. It was done right. It was fair. You argument that I'm doing this because I got low picks doesn't hold water for that reaosn, and the fact I'm not alone. Open your eye bro.

12. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That was cute, whoever redid the draft order using FFtoolbox as me, if your going to do it, then just let me know and take over.............

Guys I don't necessarily mind staying in, I just hate all this crap over a game that is suppose to be fun, each and every year. As I mentioned, I have a few other issues to deal with as I recover from another major brain surgery, and hopefully this is my last one. My health though is fine, but I don't feel like dealing with this petty stuff, especially during a time like this, and listen to all the name calling on a fun game like fantasy football.

So either someone else needs to step up or we can move forward and have fun and do it the right way.....if that means we redo the draft order by entering everyone's email address, then I will do that, but a big majority has to agree - because some may lose the spot they have they feel they deserve - because it was done fair. Let me know ASAP, as we need to start the draft no later than Thursday morning, but I am open to do that or just roll with what we have.............

No, I am not taking that one draft, cause that kinda pisses me off............:mad:

Let me know................any more complaining, I'm OUT!!!

This will be fun or I'm not doing it, case closed....................

13. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Wow, so much drama. Are we grown men or what? JFC. :confused:

Just do something, I don't give a ****. Make up your own mind so we can get this started already.

14. chrisjent

chrisjent Member

I just looked at the draft order e-mail and saw that I'm right there in the middle. Not a bad position from a competitive standpoint, but from a practical standpoint, I'm just not around the computer all too often (as some of ya'll know from past drafts). I don't want to slow down the draft, and prefer not to send lists in the early rounds, so...

Fade or Sam, if either of ya'll want to trade draft positions, I'd be more than happy to. My team may suffer a bit, but the league won't! And if not, no worries, I'll make it work. Thanks!

15. Rockets34Legend

When did the draft order email go out? I never got it...

16. PhiSlammaJamma

You know my vote. Re-do the draft order with an email confirmation to everyone (except the two people who did not enter their email on the site). Annouce the time you're going to do the draft generation, say 10am EST tomorrow ( Wednesday ) mouring. And we'll all get an email about that time with the order. And then you can set up the league, draft, and kick off the draft tommorrow at noon.

Don't forget to make sure the schedules are accurate too in order to avoid that possible problem before it blows up.

Cheers. PSJ.

17. Rockets34Legend

Can we take an overall vote on the current draft order? Just want to see who wants to have it changed. If majority don't want it changed, let's proceed with the draft.

So far PSJ wants to.

18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Apologies for the late notice. I need to drop out of the league due to time constraints.

I had a blast last year and wish you all good luck. Except you. You know who I'm looking at...you such and such.

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

So can we just add another GM and get to business here or what.

We used to pull names out of a hat and nobody ever seemed to have a problem when it was done that way.

I thought we were more than cynical humans.

Put me as the 13th pick I don't give a ****, I just want to play and not hear whining.

20. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

<--Fail. Wrong thread.