1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Friendly Game: Lithuania - Czech Republic [2011.08.06]

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by danoman, Aug 6, 2011.

1. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

2. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

donatas motiejunas comes in the 2nd quarter

3. purplefever

purplefever Contributing Member

I'm surprised there has been no talk on here about Valanciunas. He dominated the recent U-19 tournament and seems to be doing just fine in his debut with the senior national team.

JV highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GsmvHygGw4

The Raptors were thrilled that he dropped to 5 and considering the outlook for the coming season - leaving him to play a full year in Europe could be a blessing, as he's going to play about 75 games.

Donatas Montiejunas couldn't make the men's squad for the second year in a row.

#3 purplefever, Aug 6, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  4. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

He's not a Rocket. I had hoped we could trade up for him.

5. valorita

valorita Member

My scouting report on DMO (just one game i know)

-Complete aresenal: jumpers looked smooth out to just inside the 3pt line, was able to make the right cuts for easy baskets, can run the floor extremely well for a big man. Didn't get a chance to post up but got into deep position early and was able to hold it for a bit.

-Was not shy about shooting the ball but is not a selfish player and makes the right plays. Tends to avoid contact if possible at this point and doesn't finish as strong as he should. Inexperience shows in making decisions sometimes.

-Good defensive effort and instincts, however doesn't have good habits. He likes to help on the weakside but lacks the elite athleticism to finish the play. Lateral movement is adequate and good low stance when switched out to guards on perimeter.

-Rebounding is probably his weakest aspect. Is not committed to getting loose balls that aren't in his area and does not have the "go-get-it". Often found spectating instead of boxing out on defense or positioning himself for offensive rebounds. Not the greatest reaction times.

-Willing passer and decent vision. Is comfortable with handling the ball.

Conclusion from this game
    DMo is very advanced offensively and undisciplined defensively. He has all the tools to become a GREAT player if he chooses to be. I personally am very excited about him as he probably has the highest ceiling of our rookies and sophomores.

1 person likes this.
  6. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

donuts will be fine. has good lateral movement for a big.

7. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

I was watching the Turkey exhibition games to get a glimpse of Kanter finally playing competitively. He really sucks. Maybe it’s just him knocking off the rust, but I think Utah, like Cleveland, will really regret not taking Jonas too. (Heheheh).

8. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Agreed.

9. redhotrox

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Just got through watching. Spain is loaded. What a roster! If Team USA slips up in the Olympics, Spain can take them down.

11. redhotrox

Spain is stacked for sure. I'm so bored of no basketball and want the official tournament to start already.

12. redhotrox

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

14. redhotrox

Yeah, I thought that last quarter would be interesting, but Spain kinda pooped out. Terrible shooting and half court execution by them today.