1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you want Mcgrady back on the team for the vet min?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SugarLandDream8, Jul 23, 2011.

?

Do you want Mcgrady back on the Rockets for the vet min?

1. Yes he still got some game left.

245 vote(s)
    36.9%
  2. No let's avoid the McDrama

383 vote(s)
    57.7%
  3. Not sure

36 vote(s)
    5.4%
  1. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Good grief, almost half the people here want him back. Man, that's just crazy.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

3. fattz

fattz Member

There was no cap space left... to sign better players. What could CD do?

4. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

I vote Yes just because it would be the most hilarious move in the HISTORY of the NBA to get T-Mac back on this team.

face it, we aren't going to win a championship any time soon, or later for that matter. Might as well have as many entertaining seasons as we can.

Call back Moochie Norris too.

5. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

even if Stern allowed Tracy to pay us ... don't want him back.

6. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I voted yes. Sorry, I like his basketball style. Note - nothing to do with him as a person.

7. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I would rather watch the WNBA instead of T-Mac in Rocket's red again. Sorry, but I grew sick of his antics. T-Mac has been a failure in the NBA on the team level for every team he has played before. You can talk about individual accomplishments all you want, but this is still a team sport.

What this poll shows us, is that there are a crap ton of TOF lurkers still on this board. I wish the voters were publicized.

8. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Point out one point in time, when in fact he had more than enough talent to get out of the 1st round. He was suppose to be that guy that could lead us when in fact he wasn't. He's was the worst all star the Rockets ever had (besides Pippen), that has to account for something.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Lets not.

Lets find a real star.

10. alethios

alethios Member

[​IMG]

YESSIR!

11. enkaenkaenka

enkaenkaenka Member

wow, cannot even believe we are having this conversation..........this shows why this franchise sucks

12. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

I only post on a fraction of the threads. It is so sad there is so little to talk about that this is one of them.

13. roadmatter

roadmatter Member

I like How T-mac Shoots is Form is Like Kobe's But he leans back. I can believe he still can Jump that high. He doesnt have that Hang Time like he had when he was Young. [​IMG]

14. Layupdrill

Layupdrill Member

mcgrady wouldn't come back to rockets anyways.... I wouldn't mind him but he's done with this place, irregardless of how he's playing or how much value he does or doesn't have.

1 person likes this.
  15. Know Your Role

When has Tmac opened up the possibility of coming back here? I mean the guy didn't exactly leave on a good note with the fans or front office from my understanding. He never came out and blamed anyone or totally went Allen Iverson but it was not an easy change.

If we had a glaring injury to Budinger that would be one thing, to have tmac BACK UP morris or mentor the young guys on how to dunk over 7ft players. But I'd never want to see him get serious minutes or start. He'll just have another knee explosion. In all honesty with where he is in his career he needs to go to a contending team. LA or Boston would be a nice ending location for him.

16. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

I'd rather have cuttino back if we're bringing a throwback at the 2

17. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

I think you, like a 95% of this forum, overrate our current team. A healthy mcgrady running the point is better than anybody we have at that position.

1 person likes this.
  18. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

T-Mac better than Lowry at this point in his career? I highly doubt it. Even if T-Mac is still a better scorer, no way in hell we give up Lowry's hustle and heart for T-Mac's mouth.

19. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

my objection to Tracy has nothing to do with his skill as a player.

20. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

That's like saying a healthy Yao at center is better than anyone we have at that position...really? :rolleyes: The whole point is that "Tmac" is not healthy like he use to be...his "healthy" status at this point is pretty much a good effort 1/3 of the season which is what he'll give a team. What good is having a former superstar that hates playing low profile games and sandbags it on defense most of the time just so he can give a good effort for 25-30 games a season? He's a burnt out player that is just trying to make as much money in the twilight of his career(at 32...pathetic) as he possibly can...wake up and smell the liniment.