1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you want Mcgrady back on the team for the vet min?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SugarLandDream8, Jul 23, 2011.

?

Do you want Mcgrady back on the Rockets for the vet min?

1. Yes he still got some game left.

245 vote(s)
    36.9%
  2. No let's avoid the McDrama

383 vote(s)
    57.7%
  3. Not sure

36 vote(s)
    5.4%
  1. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

I doesn't show that I want him there or he will be there, but all we need right now is tanking and we shouldn't sign any FA's because it's a waste. We have terrible coach, mediocre to bad roster, so we just should let our scrubs play (maybe one of them could be a superscrub one day) and get a top-7 pick. We could find a franchise player in that range of 12' draft

2. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

i would trade for t-mac if we could get both greg monroe and tyshawn prince in return. other than that, hell no.

3. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

I feel like this is kinda like a wife that gets beat up by her husband. They separate, the cops haul him away and then he's back the next week. Do you guys have that short of a memory?
    He is cancer and washed up on top of it. The city of Houston would not welcome him back, I guarantee that.

He could kiss Morey, apologize to the city and pay Les the vets max and I still wouldn't want him. Sorry but Tracy's years here were the worst thing that happened to this team.

4. Prince

Prince Member

TMAC is a loser even in his prime. cut your bull**** crap out o fhere. Bud is the much better than your loser tmac.

5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

What makes you so sure McHale is a bad coach as opposed to being the victim of a poorly managed/owned franchise? May I remind you that the Wolves are still considered the joke of the NBA even with McHale a few years removed from the organization. Rambis had the same lack luster effect as well. It serves the mention that McHale has always been highly appreciated by the players who talk about him, including Big Al who is better than any player we have on the roster.

6. JimmyJackson

JimmyJackson Member

i don't see morey giving mcgrady a fair shot. i think that idea has to run past les and considering how bad morey and adelman have portrayed mcgrady to the owner...i have a hard time seeing this deal even being considered

7. AusFan

AusFan Contributing Member

Oh geez. How many times does this need to come up? Why would they want his quitting, trade sabotaging a** back? People forget so quickly.

There are plenty of other washed up players the Rockets could sign if they felt that is what the lack!

8. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

your post sounds like this

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6g6g2mvItp4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

The answer is No.

I don't care if he would just play for a bag of chips. And I have said the same thing about Yao Ming too.

This team really needs to completely move on from the Yao-Tmac era.

10. Prince

Prince Member

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

So you're saying that you are a loser? :confused:

Anyway, a huge PASS on Mcgrady ever wearing a Rockets uni ever again.

12. Prince

Prince Member

yes that's exactly my point. so we don't need a loser in rockets roster. :rolleyes:

13. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

And NY....

Glad he's gone, he will just mess up the offense.

14. fattz

fattz Member

I am with you on every thing said but this:
    He and Yao never really had time on the court together (only a season or two at best ). I believed ALL the ONLY IF's

BUT I do see your point - he tied up 1/4 of the cap (+/-) for years. To me that more on DMtheGM than Tmac. He should have trade TMac a long time before he did...ONLY IF... this was the Rockets for years...ONLY IF this ...but ONLY IF that...ONLY IF he...ONLY IF... ONLY IF...ONLY IF...

No one can turn back the hands of time not even the Rockets...

I "hope" the "ONLY IF ERA" is now over with both T-Mac & Yao now gone

so, NO THANKS, & only the best to TMac ( away from Houston )

...BUT, I would welcome him with open arms in a trade "IF AND ONLY IF" that trade nets us both greg monroe and tyshawn prince in return - As stated by Z-ro&trae

15. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

No thanks, Finch will be looking to move the ball fast and TMAC will destroy everything.

16. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Only if he does another Camp Chen-a-wanda promo vid. That thing is so classic I want to jam it and make babies.

My son, who was born without a head or body, spent the summer with T-Mac at Camp Chen-a-Wanda in 2009, and I just can't help returning to the letter he wrote T-Mac back then.

Dear Tracy McGrady,

Thank u for the great times at Camp Chen-a-Wanda this summer. When you played the red-eyed smoke-breathing dragon it was really cool and scary. I wish u would've stopped the game coz I was confused if u were confused or not coz u kept on playing it all thru the whole time. Playing horse was fun and u can definitely baksketball player. It sucked when u wouldn't sign my shoes coz they were not Adidias but that was cool how tall u were. Sorry I caught that fish and u didn't.

Ur friend,
    Jimmy

P.S. My sis is still waiting for those ickets plz?!?!?

17. Mr_Mean

Mr_Mean Member

18. SugarLandDream8

For the vet min it's low risk unless Mcgrady becomes a cancer and start throwing teammates under the bus, complain about playing time, is a ball stopper on the court and slows down the tempo, doesn't play defense when on the floor, or spread bad habits to the young guys on the team.

Actually after writing down all the risk it's too much of a gamble to have him wear rocket red again

19. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Tracy had his fair shot and he blew it. The real problem is that they gave him to much slack and he hung himself. It's not Morey's or Rick's fault or how they "portrayed him". Remember, it was all on Tracy and he failed.

20. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

at the same time, it was not all t-mac's fault. cd did a bad job of surrounding him with top quality players. i remember one season, juwon howard was like the second best player on the team after yao got injured, and that's a big no no. juwon was more like a 6th, 7th, 8th man at that point in his career but got starter's minutes, and jon barry, bob sura (even though he was good), reece gaines, tyrone lue, mike james, scott padgett, stromile swift, and jon barry were not enough help for tracy and yao. old ass mutumbo was more consistant than the players i just mentioned. most of talent that was around knee-mac were role players that played starter's minutes.