1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Empty Seats at Toyota Center

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OT33isgod, Jul 21, 2011.

1. OT33isgod

OT33isgod New Member

I have been a season ticket holder for 15 years. During the regular season, and especially during the weekday games where the opponent isn't Jordan, Kobe, or Lebron, the upper bowl is pretty empty (except for the 2 sections right in the middle) It makes for a pretty uninspiring atmosphere for most of the regular season games. What do y'all think can be done to fill the upper bowl during the non-marquee games? Cheaper ticket prices? Cheaper beer? More guys-night-out promotions? I'm just wondering what can be done to make the atmosphere at all 41 home games enjoyable and not so dead.

1 person likes this.
  2. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

I go to the bar and drink before the games, therefore I buy one beer. So the guys-night out works for me, only prob is these usually are the marquee match-ups. Could give away free tickets and hope people buy lots of beer, food and merchandise.

3. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I would say half off tickets for unused upper bowl seating, but then people wouldn't buy tickets on purpose. Its all to corporate ''fans'' in the lower bowl that annoy me more.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Get a superstar goddamnit! Morey ain't getting her done! Get superstar to make fans come!

5. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Have a winning team. /end

That's all it is. Been going to at least 20 games for 5 years and the only time that it ever got crowded was when we were a playoff caliber team. Also the 22 wins which was bull**** because they kept jacking the prices every win. I was looking around game 20 and when they were going for 23 like where have you a-holes when it was going for 3 wins a row. **** the Houston fan. Bunch or band-wagon douchebags. If anybody gets offended that's who I'm talking to.

6. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Man, I think these threads pop up every single month.....nothing is going to change about this.

It's all about the....

[​IMG]

7. solid

solid Contributing Member

contender, done

8. Mr_Mean

Mr_Mean Member

I have never been to a rockets game, since maybe never. Ive been broke for years. But i tell you being a fan of any sport, things are just going to have to get cheaper, because based upon dollar per, most these jobs need to start paying there workers more. Most hard working people cant take there family out for a game unless its free tickets. Good luck, i am sure most of the ticket prices will go up. :/

9. Prince

Prince Member

fix tv first. make the games available on local channels just like Spurs games.

give and you shall receive...

10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

You can go to the astros game. Upper deck is only like 2 bucks. You can easily sneak down if you want. Even though the astros are on pace to get 100+ loses there are a ton of people there on friday. They had a pretty big crowd against the freaking nationals. It was a pretty good game too.

Me and my friend got season tickets last year. We might do it again, but they need to really lower their pricing. It should be 30 bucks for lower bowl behind the basket.

11. thajoker101

thajoker101 Member

We need to win more games an then get a SUPER STAR.Then every thing will fal in place.When u have a super star games are much fun to watch.. easy fix:rolleyes:

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Don't worry. The bandwagon fans will start piling up those seats if we make the playoffs.

13. str8tup

str8tup Member

Cheaper tickets are always good, obviously. A new city with real fans would be helpful as well; I don't really enjoy the bandwagon fans in this city. The thing that irks me most is that the lower bowl seats are always for the corporate suck up and his boss. The Toyota Center always looks empty on TV and you can tell that hardly anyone in the lower bowl is even there. They're either hanging out in the lounge or don't even show up. A waste of great seats in my opinion. Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't go to the Toyota Center to hang out, I'd go to watch basketball. But what do I know?

14. SupermanSK

SupermanSK Contributing Member

those promotions suck.....wrinkled up hot dogs and nose bleed seats. If your sitting in the upper level you might as well watch from home.

15. gatsby

gatsby Member

This.

tm

16. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

the Rockets have pretty much consumed all the post championship affection.

17. TheresTheDagger

Not sure if the Rockets offer something like this but...

Houston is a LARGE city and I (as most do) live quite a ways from the TC. Driving that far and paying for parking is a pain.

Perhaps if they had "party buses" where you could jump on and pay a nominal fee for the round trip ride and maybe have some adult beverages available I would go more often. Occasionally surprise riders with a Power Dancer...Clutch...or former player to liven up the experience.

Just my .02 cents.

18. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

The hot dogs aren't too bad.

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Change the uniforms back to the championship era ones.
    play some naughty by nature hip hop hooray during breaks.
    Bring back that Turbo guy.

1 person likes this.
  20. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member