1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Mac still thinks he has it...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clips/Roxfan, Jul 17, 2011.

1. blink

blink Contributing Member

he's lost like 3 steps but the article is about him accepting a role player position more than anything.

2. vpyingyang

vpyingyang Member

What a terrible article. Nowhere does he said that he can score like when he was in Houston or Orlando.

This is an example of taking quotes out of context.

3. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Believing is different from doing.

But he can still play. But teams don't give him the same freedom to do what he wants to do: prove he can still score. He has to do what is best that can allow him to stay in this league, and that's playmaking.

4. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

i think he's still got it.. his understanding of the game, his court vision, that kind of natural talent doesnt go away. He does however have approach the game differently now. However, would he be the all star we were accustomed to? hard to say.

5. Classic

Classic Member

6. greenhippos

greenhippos Member

When he played those 3 games or so with Rockets before the trade, he looked pretty good. He was stepping and hitting those 3's like it says in the article. I honestly think he could have been close to his former self if Adelman kept him in the rotation. I just think he wasn't happy in NY or Det, he knows those teams weren't going anywhere. I say 15ppg if he can average over 25mpg.

7. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

He even pisses you off in the video game. I play nba 2k11 my player mode. I got drafted by the Wizards, and they traded a 2012 first round pick for him! And when he does play he jogs real slowly up the court eating half the shot clock before we can set up a play.

8. number22

number22 Member

lmao :cool:

9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Needs to drop 15-20lbs. He needs to be lighter than ever if he's going to play the way he plays.

Alternatively, he could become a point-forward who posts his man up. He is easily 6'9, can pass and is quick for a post player.

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I actually like the way he played in Detroit.

11. VBG

VBG Member

He and Greg Monroe were teh only people I could watch on Detroit. Everyone else was so frustrating.

The team he fits best with is Orlando, IMO. They need someone to take the ball and do things with it.

Chicago could really use T-Mac as well.

Lakers could use him as a bench spark.

12. J-Man

J-Man Member

Team?
    Season?:confused:

13. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

Yup, T-mac is dead on ... Morey and Adelman were just pleading with T-Mac to get his confidence back given that was really the only thing he lost with the injuries.

14. amaru

amaru Member

What else do they expect him to say as an active NBA player actively seeking a contract? :rolleyes:

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Tmac dominating the ball isn't really a bad thing because he has great court vision, bball IQ and passing. Tmac's quickness is just about gone, but he's still a double team threat based on his rep, and his size should allow him to post up his man. As long as he can stop trying to "take over a game" by chucking 3s and long range shots, I think he can still be a very good player in the L.

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I'm kind of sad see Tmac turn into a journeyman at the tender age of 30.

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

On a pathetic team like the Pistons last season, this is true. On a good team, he might work off the bench playing with reserves against other reserves. Maybe 10-15 mins/game. But with a high level of competition on the floor, holding the ball and isolating at the top of the key (or wing) and just standing there expecting another player to get open ain't gonna fly. Standing way out on the perimeter doing nothing when the play isn't called for him won't work either.

I don't believe McGrady can play with urgency, intensity and hustle on both ends of the floor game-in, game-out. Add in the fact his athleticism is gone. This is why he can't make an 8-man rotation on a contender.

18. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Really weird.

You would expect him to atleast average 20 ppg, dude goes from averaging 25-30 ppg to 8 ppg, WTF lol.

As long as he can still contribute to the team (Passing, Scoring at times), he should continue to get burn in the NBA.

Other then that, maybe he should retire and take his talents to Double A baseball?? He'll probably need Tommy John surgery after his first pitch with his luck

19. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

His best shot is Chicago if they sign him..

Would you rather start Bogans over McGrady???

That should be his top choice, and if Chicago is interested, it can be a good fit...

McGrady over the bum Bogans is easily an upgrade although the Bulls overachieved last year.

20. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

I agree this makes the most sense. But im still not sure it will be enough to beat the Heat.