1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As a Chinese Fan, today is a sad day for me

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Baltimore, Jul 8, 2011.

1. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Balt, hope you stick around. I'm sure Rockets have won you over thanks to the Shanghai shake!

2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

****, I knew this day would come, but I'm still so sad about it. I love the big guy and I hate that this is the way things have to end. :(

3. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

First of all, who are the fake fans here?

And who are you to say that? Are you the bus driver?

1 person likes this.
  4. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Man Im real sad too. Its hit me harder than I ever imagined it would. I mean I knew it was due come sooner rather than later. I thought I was ready for it. But I am not.

Please come back big guy.

5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I repped Baltimore. 200 bucks to the tip jar? I've posted like 5000+ times and I think I have only donated once? Shameful really. I don't see how anybody can come after that post and accuse him of being anything less than a real Rockets fan.

Why does it matter what brings somebody to the Rockets? I don't think I would be such a diehard Rockets fan had I not grown up watching one of the greatest basketball players of all time (Dream) showing me, in person, how beautiful the game of basketball can be. Is that somehow more valid a reason than Baltimore's reason? I don't see how.

Finally, it's a sad day for all Rockets fans, and, for that matter, all NBA fans, because we'll never get to see Yao play in the NBA again.

(though I, for one, am rooting for the chance that he at least makes a come back for the Chinese National Team once more before he's done)

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

LOL Kiddies? I've been a Rockets fan for nearly 30 years.

Nobody here is fooling anyone. A bunch of Chinese folks showed up once the Rockets drafted Yao and a bunch of Chinese folks are no longer following the team because Yao has retired. It's just that simple. I didn't stop following the Rockets when Lew Lloyd left or when Vernon Maxwell left or when Dream left. I've actually been to Rockets games at the Summit and the Toyota Center. I've actually paid money to watch Rockets playoffs games on Pay Per View. I've been to a championship parade downtown. I was at Dream's last game against the TWolves. I know who Granville Waiters is and why he's important to Rockets history. These Chinese folks who were riding Yao's jock and are now gone are not Rockets fans at all and really that's alright, they can support what they want but don't try to pretend they're fans like the rest of us that live and die with the TEAM.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I feel you dude, however the OP is not bad. He casually became a fan because of Yao and the team grew on him.

There are obvious extreme Yao fans who can't find Houston on a map and hate Larry Smith, but this guy seems sincere and he would treasure a chance to see a Rockets game in person.

It's the same with the Tracy fans, granted a majority of them are annoying, but a few of them are pretty good fans.

8. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Too bad Rockets is not your home-run team, no matter how long you've supported them, you still don't get to decide on others' fan-hood, as much as you might hate it. We've seen enough of your opinions about Chinese in D & D, and certainly are not foreign to your opinions about Chinese fans here. But you know what? Chinese fans can support any team they want to, including Rockets team with or without Yao, without your acknowledgement.

Oh, BTW, nobody wants to be a fan like you, no to mention pretending, who has more interest to promote yourself as some sort of real fan than to support the team.

9. Baltimore

Baltimore Contributing Member

I envy you, man. Because you have chance to witness the greatness in the good years of Rockets, while I only had chances to go to the games in DC when the Rockets visited the Wizards. You are a rockets fan with a longer history than me. However, if you think you are a better somebody than me, a Chinese folk, good for you. I am always glad to see people feel good about themselves.

A suggestion to you if you are willing to listen: listen more carefully when you decide to express something with an altitude. in this case, read more carefully. I only said that I might not follow Rockets games that closely like I did for the last several years. I did say Rockets will be my HOME TEAm forever. If that is not enough for you, I do not care. I have a life. I suggest you have one too. If you do not like some Chinese folks like me as the Rockets Fan, I do not care either. I won't stop being a Rockets fan because of some random Houston folks say otherwise.

Peace.

2 people like this.
  10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Baltimore,

You are a consummate professional, and I hope you retire a Rockets fan.

11. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

haha......people still fail to "Learn to read carefully"....

Nice job Rocket fan.

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wow, you actually had to see the Wizards play just to watch the Rockets? That's a true fan! :grin:

13. Baltimore

Baltimore Contributing Member

and even that, only once a year! it sucks, man! :cool:

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

As a Black Fan, today is a sad day for me as well.

Rocket River

1 person likes this.
  15. CometsWin

I was going to reply to your post but it's so tired that I'm just going to put you on ignore. Good luck with that whole you're a racist because you're glad to see the bandwagon fans go.

16. CometsWin

My post wasn't directed to you personally but the YOF's that have invaded this board. It doesn't matter to me what kind of fan you are but I'm glad that the people who are simply Yao fans will be gone. And really you seem to imply that the phrase Chinese folks is racist in some way when it's certainly not although that seems to be a recurring implication on this board now. If a bunch of Russians signed up here I would refer to them as Russian folks. The fact is that the vast majority of fans that signed up here when we drafted Yao were Chinese. I'm not imaging that, it's just reality. There was no racial intention at all in my post. Good luck.

17. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

Who is pretending to be like you? Who are you anyway? Who do you think you are?

You should start with describing how you are like first before you can fantasize in your imaginary world that someone is actually trying to pretend to be like you.

18. guoxiangsu

guoxiangsu Member

remember yaoming,one guy let us about Chinese you didn't know

19. bloop

bloop Member

Just let it go. Ranting abut this isn't improving your case.

For what it's worth, I signed up after Yao was drafted and I am not Chinese. Most people on this site signed up after Yao was drafted.

OP stated that Houston was his Home team, that he watched nearly every game while Yao was out, that he "will always have a warm and soft spot in my heart for the Houston Rockets" and he was contributing 200 bucks to keep Clutchfans going.

You responded to all that by calling him a "fake fan."

He didn't say anything about quitting on the Rockets or even that he was going to stop watching Houston. Yet you jump on him ranting and raving about seeing all the fake fans off the bus.

Since you asked, No, using the phrase "Chinese folks" doesn't make you a racist. Reading a bunch of **** into his post that he never said and making assumptions completely contrary to what he was posted because the OP is Chinese is what makes you racist. Seeing the title "As a Chinese fan" and coming into the thread ready to start moralizing is what makes you racist.

All the guy did was post his love for Houston as a Chinese fan and because you have a stick up your ass about China and YOF you cant even read a couple of sentences properly. What part of him saying his home team is Houston and that he's watched nearly every game over the past 2 years is difficult for you to comprehend? Are you in fact that Russian folk that you speak of? Is Engrish your 2nd language?

20. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

Jamaican fans are saddened as well.