1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

catching Up with Jordan Hill

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cookies18, Jun 29, 2011.

1. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

We have too many players coming into their 3rd/coming out year on this team... Only so many minutes to go around... Hopefully 1 maybe 2 of the 09 draft class on our team will turn their game into something that makes them possibly untouchable or a cornerstone... please!!

2. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

"...if they need me at the point, at the shooting guard, I just want to go out there and give it my best"

:confused:

3. Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey Member

Jordan Hill wants to be a point-forward.

4. jasonh42

jasonh42 Member

No keyboard that I have seen.Whoa!!!

5. Tuk88

Tuk88 Contributing Member

It sounds like he matured tremendously since last year. No more deer in the headlights vibes. I hope we don't trade him before he gets to play this year, as it seems his value is about to rise IMHO.

Just realized in the interview we now have players #2, #6, #8 and #11 from the 2009 draft. That's a serious load of talent.

I also came across this old article that's on the home page of the NBA Draft 2009 page: Draft Recap: Hill's Big Upside Could Make Him a Steal

6. MandM's

MandM's Member

Garbage. This guy wonuldn't hold a roster spot on any other NBA team. I am so tired of hearing about how his personal problems overshadowed his ability to do his job last year. Any normal person does that or admits to that they are out on their ass.

He should be and will be soon. The Rockets made another mistake on this one.

7. Gwalchmai

Gwalchmai Member

Maybe, but the press doesn't follow the average American worker around asking about their problems. My memory might be wrong, but I don't remember Hill making excuses for his play. The information about his personal problems came out of press investigations and interviews after he had been here awhile.

8. sparky

sparky Member

He was a spread 4! That was his role. Much like Horry to Hakeem. What made him special is he also had a post game which he didn't use as much to keep the opposing team's power forward from doubling Yao.

9. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Awesome! 8 minutes on camera and no fouls. Excellent progression big fella!

10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I, for one , am really rooting for this kid.

11. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I think we all are, some just have more hope for him than others. I don't know what kind of personal problems he went through, but hopefully he's able to break through this year.

He's shown flashes of skill.. he just hasn't put it all together mentally yet. I think that's the biggest worry of some people (myself included) -- will it ever click for him? I hope so, but I can't say I expect it to.

12. RedGlare07

RedGlare07 Member

For the win.

13. meh

meh Contributing Member

This board has basically influenced me to the point where every time I hear the word, I just imagine Morey trading someone. :grin:

14. BucketsorBricks

I'm hoping Jordan will be able to make that next big step in his game, but this had me rolling-- well played sir....

15. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

I am sure you are way off. He could be the 9th or 10th player on most teams, the 8th on some, and no worse than the 4th big man. He is also still improving. Adelman gave him real minutes until PPatt crowded him out.