1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Insiders from other forums.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by larsv8, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I can see Martin having 3-4 more seasons like this previous one. It seems like he has gotten stronger and I believe he can remain fairly injury free. I would have to give serious thought to Martin for Iguadola. I probably would ask for a bit more from Philly.

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

honestly, i wouldn't do martin for iggy.

iggy is owed too much money and we would be giving up too much offense. i know iggy is a great defender but i'd rather have the offense from kmart. with a good team defense you can always rotate to help martin... there is nothing you can do to make iggy score like martin though. short term martin helps us more. long term martin's contract is better.

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I see no point in trading for iggy anytime soon...gotta give Morris a chance to play the 3...i think he and martin fit better on the team, and with each other, than Lee and Iggy.

4. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

People constantly mention drafting Joey Dorsey instead of DeAndre Jordan as a Morey mistake.

Add Omer Asik as a "shoulda gotten" player. He was picked right after DeAndre Jordan.

5. CXbby

CXbby Member

Who do you regard as the best GM in the NBA right now? Or ever? Because if we are going to play that game, I'm sure I can pick a bone or two on him too.

The truth is, when it comes to drafting as low as the second round, you really can't judge any one pick anymore, since the variance in hitting on a good player is so high. If he whiffs on 10 straight second rounders, then we can call it a mistake.

6. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

I agree. I wouldn't give up Martin fro Iggy.

7. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

I kind of can agree with this. But if we can get Asik for Lee, then I guess it wouldn't be too much of a deal.

Asik can be a Kurt Thomas - like player in this league.

8. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

Yeah, I'd trade Lee for Asik.

9. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

Could the Rockets trade Martin for Iggy and then sign JR Smith?

I'm not saying that the Rockets should. I like Martin. I like JR Smith. I don't watch much 76'ers games so I' m not all that sure what all Iggy brings. Just throwing it out there/asking.

10. rocketsmetalspd

Martin should not be traded besides the Rockets are not in full rebuild mode if most of you have not keep up with the team. They will keep the core veterans together and see what happens this season coming up.

11. Buck88

Buck88 Contributing Member

Didn't think this bit of info deserved a new thread (especially since its from another board), but this "insider" passed the following info along on page 36 of thread below:

Anyways food for thought. I think I would pass.....Iguodala seems to have lost a step or something (may just be lack of focus on playing for such a crap team) and Speights did not take the step foward many thought was coming this past year.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1121360&start=525

#91 Buck88, Jun 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  12. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

The second deal is a good deal. Except for the draft pick. Korver is the same thing as Budinger is. Asik is our starting center. Hill is a throw in. The pick i too much unless its downgraded to something a bit less. Maybe take Hill off the deal and the pick for them?

13. soupman

soupman Member

It's not just Iggy for Martin. The question should be this: Is a perimeter of Lowry, Lee, and Iguodala better than a perimeter of Lowry, Martin, and Budinger. All salary issues aside, I think it is because the offense you lose is more than compensated by the defense you gain. However, when one considers the salary implications of Iggy's contract, I think the gap gets smaller. In the end, it is close to a toss up in terms of value.

14. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I seriously wouldn't mind seeing a Lowry-Lee-Iguodala perimeter. That's a lot of defense.

15. valorita

valorita Member

Lowry Lee Iggy is the best perimeter defensive team in the nba. Too bad that perimeter defense is overrated and can be easily compensated by a solid interior defense.
    If you have that trio, then you would have to find a very strong inside offensive force and there are not too many of those around.
    the key to a championship caliber team is great interior defense supported by willing perimeter defense. Martin is a willing and capable average defender and Lowry is a plus defender. Chase is not going to be our starting SF for long, book it.
    Keep Lowry and Martin together unless it solves our interior presence.

1 person likes this.
  16. drsnay76

drsnay76 Member

Agreed. When you throw Iggy's contract and trick knee into the equation, I'd have to pass.

17. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Right now alot of teams hyping up Iggy. I dont get it. I mean I know he is good. He is not Kevin Martin good at this moment and he is injury prone.

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Iggy for KMart... sound like a fair deal. But also kind of a pointless deal. You get better on D, worse on O, still don't have a superstar or a real center (and Speights is harly the solution), and you pay a little more money. Meh.

19. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Not sure if I would do it straight up or not, probably..... But it is the idea of Lowry/Martin/Iguadola that I have always hoped for.

20. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I love how he misses games for the first time in his career (well 2nd, but the first was 6 games) and all of a sudden it's "ZOMGZ, HE"S INJURY PRONE."