1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Twitter - Woj] David West opts for Free Agency

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jsmee2000, Jun 27, 2011.

1. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

We should go after Chris Paul. New Orleans has never had less leverage to deal him and he would be the first chip to fall in the Dwight Howard courting process.

3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

the guy should give half his paycheck to CP3. He blows.

4. Ubigman

Ubigman Member

Rockets should make a run for West as our back up 2 guard

[​IMG]

5. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Thunder would be a good option. He'd be a great pick and pop guy for Westbrook.

6. jackie_moon23

jackie_moon23 Member

I see what you did there. ;)

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

No way West goes to OKC. Bad fit for Presti's plan. He's too old and will want too much money. Ibaka is their starter with Collison off the bench.

Among teams thought to be contenders, I don't see much of a market for David West.

8. juicystream

He has to add somebody else to the team that can put the ball in the basket.

9. da_juice

da_juice Member

He'd be nice on the Bucks, but I don't think they have $$$.

10. Aggie2012

Aggie2012 Contributing Member

I want him, so I can be among the few people that get to witness this live.
    [​IMG]

11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

If you say so. He was on my fantasy team last season and he beasted statistically. He was pretty much good for a double double every night. And as I understand it, he also played really solid defense. But admittedly, I only watch the Nets if they're playing the Rockets.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

With KD, WB, Harden and Ibaka in the starting lineup, there is only one basketball. With Collison in the PF rotation, there is no room for David West, even if he came off the bench.

Where OKC needs more scoring is from the bench at SF/SG since Harden will become a starter. Someone who can push either Cook or Thabo completely out of the rotation. They drafted a guy (Reggie Jackson) who might fit the bill perfectly and has a bigger NBA upside than Jordan Hamilton. If Jackson does really well, they might consider trading Maynor during the season, especially if someone gets injured.

OKC is set to start the season.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

West is a tweener, he's never gonna defend everybody, and most of his scoring came off CP3's playmaking. I guess he's gonna go to NJ to play with DW since CP3 looks like he's switching teams.

Regarding CP3, if we're gonna trade for a superstar I'd rathe rit not be a pg. We're flush with awesome pgs, and I don't think the difference between CP3 and Lowry/Dragic is enough to warrant the 12M extra its going to cost.

14. juicystream

Ibaka is not a potent offensive player. Harden has been coming off the bench to provide that offensive spark. David West doesn't need to control the ball to be a very good offensive player, he just needs to hit the open jumper after Westbrook delivers the pass. Collison will get spot minutes and backup Perkins.

15. da_juice

da_juice Member

This. And we have enough depth at PG to deal our guys.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Ibaka is more potent on offense than you realize and if he improves again like his first two seasons, I think you will be very surprised. He can hit stand-alone jumpers about as good as West. Harden will likely start next season. Collison will get much more than "spot minutes". David West doesn't fit Sam Presti's profile at all.

West will follow the money trail and it won't come from OKC.

17. Shaud

Shaud Member

He's coming off a late serious injury so this move could actually cost him some money

18. juicystream

He may not be a Sam Presti guy, but he fits a real need on this team. Ibaka may get there offensively, but he isn't there yet. Of course next year he could make more of a jump offensively.

19. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

See sig, get sig done.

20. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

You know what.. I would be more than happy with Kris at 5-6 M per. Sounds like the ideal Morey signing.

Dude was beasting for my fantasy team late in the season.