1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2010-11

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 22, 2010.

?

Do you think Josh Smith could fit with the Rockets and fill our defensive void?

1. Yes

460 vote(s)
    70.9%
  2. No

95 vote(s)
    14.6%
  3. No Way we need someone else

94 vote(s)
    14.5%
  1. Garner

Garner Member

How about

Houstin in:
    Bogut
    Korver
    Salmons
    #10, #28, & #30

Milwaukee in:
    Asik
    B. Miller
    K. Martin
    Budinger
    #14 &#23

Bulls in:
    Lee
    Hill

Houston's 2011/12 Line-up:
    Lowry/Dragic
    Salmons/Korver
    ________/Williams
    Scola/Patterson/Hayes
    Bogut/Hayes/Thabeet

Milwaukee's 2011/12 Line-up:
    Jennings/Doyling
    Martin/CDR
    Maggette/Budinger/Ilayosova
    Mbah a Moute/L. Sanders/Gooden
    Asik/B. Miller/ #14 (Nikola Vucevic (?))

Bull's 2011/12 Line-up
    Rose/Watson
    Lee/Bogans/Brewer
    Deng/Butler
    Boozer/Gibson
    Noah/Hill/Thomas
    With the #10 pick the Rockets could do a number of things with teams that want to get Jimmer but need to leap frog the Jazz.

#28 and #30 could be used on Jeremy Tyler and Tyler Honeycutt?

I'm not sure this gets done as is and I really didn't want to include Patterson to Milwaukee, but that could possibly be necessary. If that were the case, I would want Larry Sanders back as well.

Thoughts?

*This trade can also be altered to send Salmons to Chicago allowing Lee to stay in Houston. Or have Maggette come back to Houston instead of Salmons and then take a SG with our #10 pick (klay thompson/Alec Burks(?))*

2. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

This actually could possibly get it done. Though I would take Valanciunas with the 4th overall pick.

3. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Most of the trade scenarios we all banter about are similar and usually contain a lot of the same players.

Here is one that is a bit out there but also has some logical backing.

Russell Westbrook+Filler for Kyle Lowry, Luis Scola+#14+#23

4. Garner

Garner Member

Please explain that logical backing...

OKC downgrades their PG and creates a logjam at PF (Ibaka/Collison/Ibaka).....

Collison and Ibaka aren't going anywhere either.

5. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Garner-

There a lot of questions about Westbrook. His emotion often takes over and he may be more of a playmaking 2 guard than a point. Does Westbrook really fit in OKC and he is really what Durant needs. Like I said it is an out there trade scenario.

6. Garner

Garner Member

Yea, his emotion arguably effected him in the playoffs, but that doesn't mean you then downgrade at the position and create a roster jam at the PF?

Westbrook was a huge reason they got where they did, regardless of emotion.

7. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Scola+14th and 23rd for Lopez+Outlaw.

8. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Rockets Get
    Tyrus Thomas, #9, 1st rd 2012 draft pick, Livingston (exp. contract)

Bobcats Get
    Scola, T-will, Bud, #14, 1st rd 2013 draft pick

9. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

I'm going to go against the grain and call Toronto our best trading partner if we want to move up in the draft. The reason being that we have a ton of young guys on cheap contracts and Toronto while in full rebuild mode has only 10 players under contract for next season. To complicate matters Leandrinho Barbosa has a player option in which he could opt out of his final year, which would bring them down to only 9 players under contract.

Lets assume that Barbosa does not opt out, that means with only 1 draft pick they still would have to sign 4 free agents just to have a full roster. Keeping that in mind, I thought these trade scenarios make a lot of sense for both teams.

I was thinking something like #14, #23 and Jordan Hill for Toronto's #5 pick.

Or if Toronto wants you to take back a big salary you could do #14, #38 Goran Dragic, Brad Miller, and Jordan Hill for Toronto's #5 pick, and Jose Calderon.

Why this works for Toronto:

In the first scenario they get 2 first round picks that Dwayne Casey gets to hand pick to help build his team. Add to that Jordan Hill who has shown flashes of brilliance but more often than not makes you wonder when he or if he will ever put it all together. This would give them 13 players on their active roster and would only require them signing just two players to fill the roster. I could easily see them signing two of the Mavs' many free agents to re-unite with Casey.

In the second scenario Toronto is essentially shedding salary while still accomplishing the same thing as before. They get to dump Calderon's contract and only have to pay Brad Miller's partially guaranteed final year. They could even opt out of Jordan Hill's final year if they don't want to retain him.

Why this works for the Rockets:

Obviously we want a potential superstar and at #14 its gonna be tough to secure a superstar. If all we had to give up was Jordan Hill, Terrence Williams, or Hasheem Thabeet its a no-brainer. If I'm the Rockets I try to get James Johnson thrown in. I think he would be a good rim protecting three for us who has some good role-player potential. Even if they refuse to include Johnson I'm still pulling the trigger because there is no way we are leaving this draft with 3 incoming rookies, if we do it will be European players that we will not bring over right away.

*Disclaimer I would only do these trades if Morey has someone pegged as a sure fire superstar and he's still available at #5.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I am thinking a decent trade may be Scola for the 7th pick, with other stuff possibly added on either side (Casspi, a pick from Houston,Houston taking back Garcia's salary, Brad Miller (and his almost expiring, partly insured contract, etc.).

For Kings, they get a proven good player and a veteran leader with multiple years left on his contract. This is something the Kings are said to have been looking for. I think Scola (and Brad Miller, if he's included) can help certain of their young players learn to play the right way. I think this is a better deal than the Spurs offer since the Rockets are not asking the Kings to take a stinky contract (R. Jefferson). As far as money goes, Scola gets them to just about the league minimal for next year (depending on CBA), and leaves them plenty of space to either re-sign Dalembert or pursue another FA.

For the Rockets, they get a young talent and officially hand the PF position over to Patterson (with a re-signed Hayes, Hill, or maybe a rookie in the mix, too). They also get some salary relief to re-sign Hayes and maybe pursue a FA (again, depending on CBA).

11. E.Recasner

E.Recasner Member

Bargnani to Houston for Flynn, Hill, Bud and cash

Why?

Hill>>Evans
    Bud>>> Kleiza
    Flynn solid back up to J.Jack
    Toronto needs expiring deals and cash.

Rockets get a big that stretches the perimeter i.e. really poor mans Dirk.

12. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Why would we want a big that stretches the perimeter? We don't even have a guy who can draw double teams to kick it out to shooters on the perimeter.

13. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I don't count Thabeet, Hill, and T-will as actual players, but more as expiring contracts.

Dragic is tall enough to play and defend the pg, and sg, so that makes Lee expendable. I say we trade Lee + Parsons for Asik. Then trade Scola, Bud, and Hill (exp. contract) for Granger.

It may be a long shot, but if Indy wants to rid themselves of Granger and develop Paul George while adding a great vet still in his prime in Scola, and an offensive threat off the bench for cheap with Bud, it would be a good move for both teams.

This gives us room to possibly sign Yao and Chuck back if we choose to do so as well, while still giving us potentially around 10 mil for the 2012 free agency if we don't exercise the team options of Thabeet, T-will, and Flynn.

Our lineup would look like this
    Lowry/ Dragic/ Flynn (team option possibly exercised)
    Martin/ Dragic/ T-will (exp. contract)
    Granger/ Morris
    Patterson/ Chuck?/ Motiejunas
    Asik/ Yao?/ Thabeet (exp. contract)

14. H-town master

H-town master Member

scola and flynn for Andrew bynum

perfect trade to lakers in where lakers get a pf like scola and a point guard that they desperately need

or (these two trades combined)

Jazz and Rockets
    Flynn, clee, J hill(or a pick) for Al Jeferson and raja bell
    Jazz needs a point guard(d harris is not what they want)
    and they get a SG that they dont have
    and J hill is last piece of trade or a pick

Atlanta and Rockets
    and Scola, pat-pat, Cbud for Josh smith

Lowry
    K mart
    Josh Smith
    M.Morris
    Al Jeferson

dragic, hayes, parsons, twill, montijuenas, bell

15. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

The Bynum idea is interesting. I don't think they would bite on it unless they get a solid young center in return as well. Maybe if we package Lee and Parsons for Asik. Then trade Flynn, Scola,Asik, and cash for Bynum. That's something they could take. Sign back Chuck and possibly Yao, and we could have this lineup.

Lowry/ Dragic
    Martin/ Dragic*/ T-will (exp. contract)
    Bud/ Morris
    Ppat/ Chuck/ Motie/ Hill (exp. contract)
    Bynum/ Chuck*/ Yao?/ Thabeet (exp. contract)

This gets us in the right direction with a possible franchise big.

The Laker's lineup would look like this
    Flynn/ Fisher/Blake
    Bryant/ Brown (may opt out of contract) / Flynn*
    Odom/ Artest/ Barnes
    Scola/ Pau*/ Odom*
    Pau/ Asik

It's a great move for both teams especially if Mike Brown takes out the Triangle, which is something Flynn can't thrive in.

16. rockets06

rockets06 Member

I'd like to propose a trade between HOU and LAC.
    HOU receives Chris Kaman, Willie Warren
    LAC receives Luis Scola, Chase Budinger, and Jordan Hill

HOU
    Lowry, Dragic, Flynn
    Martin, Lee, Warren
    Morris, T-will, Parsons
    Patterson, Montiejunas
    Kaman, Thabeet
    Free Agents: Hayes, Yao

LAC
    Mo Williams, Bledsoe
    E. Gordon, Foye, Leslie
    Bud, Aminu, Gomes
    Griffin, Scola, B. Cook
    Jordan, Hill, Thompkins
    Free Agents: Moon, Diogu, Smith

HOU gets rid of the log-jam at PF while getting rid of Scola's contract, free's up playing time for Pat and Monty, and bringing in a veteran center to man the middle. Jordan would be nice but LAC will likely match and it would come at a steep price and Kaman is already under contract and is an expiring. Also it gives us space to sign Hayes or Yao if they decided to.

LAC gets more size and a veteran in Scola. Outside of Griffin and Jordan their isn't anybody to give quality minutes to. Their pick in Thompkins I think is good but they want to add vets also and I think Hill will be better off there than getting stuck on the bench here. Also they get a shooter in Bud which is better than what they got at SF with Aminu, Gomes, and their FA Moon.
    With Les wanting to continue to win I believe this is a good scenerio. Keeps us competitive and develops the younger players. Your opinions

17. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

If I was Houston I would continue to pursue a Courtney Lee for Omer Asik deal with Chicago.

Something like...

Houston gets: C Omer Asik, SG Keith Bogans (trade filler) and 2012 Charlotte pick

Bulls get: SG Courtney Lee, PG Jonny Flynn and SG/SF Chase Budinger.

18. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Rockets need to trade for Dalembert

The guy is on the Kings who we luv to make trades with. They already have Demarcus and Samuel Dalembert will be on the trading block. He got over 8 boards a game in only 24 min last year, and he can block shots. He is the most logical option for us and i honestly think it won't even take much for us to get him. We have enough offense on this team, a guy like Dalembert will fit this team exceptionally well.

19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

He's an unrestricted free agent.

20. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I hear he wants to go to Miami.