1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets deal Brad Miller, #23, 2013 MEM pick, $ for Jonny Flynn, Motiejunas, 2012 2nd

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Egghead, Jun 23, 2011.

?

Do you like this trade for the Rockets?

1. YES

702 vote(s)
    85.5%
  2. NO

119 vote(s)
    14.5%
  1. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed.

Interesting that the Rockets seemed to go "solid" at 14, and took their swing at 23 (and change).

2. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

This trade is TBD. It's judgement is off of how good Donatas can be.

3. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Love this trade.

Never liked the Brad Miller signing in the first place. Glad to see him go.

Motiejunas is potentially the steal of the draft. That is, if Morris doesn't beat him to that distinction.

And adding Jonny Flynn creates an interesting dynamic. He's a talented young player that's in DESPERATE need of a fresh start. Considering the fact that he's the furthest thing from a triangle PG, I'm interested to see what he can bring to the table. Keep in mind: Dragic is big dude that can defend either backcourt positions -- meaning it's possible we can use Dragic at the two thereby opening up minutes for Flynn that way.

Should be interesting.

4. Rockzilla

Rockzilla Member

So is Motiejunas coming over to play this season or staying overseas?

5. da_juice

da_juice Member

Now that we have more young talent, the lower level guys(Williams, Hill, Thabeet, Flynn, and Parsons) will really have to work for minutes. Hopefully that parlays into improvement.

6. liunatic

liunatic Member

Donatas looks a ton faster and bigger than I thought.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G5Tblw5WggQ?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G5Tblw5WggQ?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

7. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Agreed. Although, low expectations are key here. Especially in the case of Thabeet and Williams. You get the vibe Hill and Flynn are alright guys that actually do care -- Thabeet/Williams on the other hand, that's debatable.

8. alethios

alethios Member

So, when do we bring him over???

9. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

At first I as like WTF? but then, I liked it...

Not what originally wanted, but it could work...was able to see the KM interview on nba tv...i'm not 100% sold, but its growing on me...

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Morey said in his 1560 interview that it will be "at the first opportunity" but said the league prevented him from elaborating on when that was. Later in the interview he made some comment about playing time that Lance interpreted to mean he was coming this year but DM didn't address it. Hard to read between the lines...

11. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Guys, Dontaus is playing this year.

12. Jet036

Jet036 Member

2:40-3:30 - 7/8 FTs nice. I think I saw a video of one of his workouts about a month ago where he went 0/3 - he missed a couple quite badly too. Good to see he can finally hit a FT.

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It's about the potential lockout. Teams can't have contact with the players during the lockout. So, Motie won't be over until the lockout ends. That's what Morey intended to say. However, the league bans all teams and personnel from commenting on the labor situation at all. In fact, Morey got a fine just by saying that, in his personal opinion, he would favor a hard cap with no other rules.

14. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

So, we all agree that this guy's nickname is "Donuts," right?

2 people like this.
  15. RedGlare07

RedGlare07 Member

Add me to the list of people who are happy to get rid of Brad Miller's contract. Wasn't expecting much with either first round picks (a bit surprised that Morris was the guy at #14 but not especially upset about it). Pleased with the potential of Monty, even via trade, and Flynn gives Morey another asset to use elsewhere. I don't see us keeping the logjam at PG for very long.

If nothing else, we're at least not suffering through those years of holding on to players with bad contracts (Cato, Moochie, etc).

16. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

If he can perfect his turnaround baseline jumper shooting lefthanded it would be almost undefendable, and he seems very athletic, good foot work for 7'.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think they may not sign him until the lockout is over so he can play overseas and stay fresh...

DD

18. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

DD, none of the draft picks can be signed until after the lockout, so no news there.

Still, I agree that the chances of Donatas just deciding to commit to another year in Europe are obviously greater than those of, say, Marcus Morris signing a one-year deal in Europe.

19. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

The kid has obviously put on 20-25 pounds in the last year or so. Hopefully adding strength along with it.

Keep him in the weight room and then send him through JVG's "down in the paint" boot camp that helped Yao out.

20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Why do we need to keep acquiring "solid" player with little star upside?

You have to take bigger swings at the ball now and then.