1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bungles guarentee W

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Joe Joe, Oct 28, 2002.

1. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I think the broadcast for the national feed on television said it best when he said that they jumped on them from the word go. Cincinnati was on them like a pack of wild dogs.

2. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

:( The Texans got their ass's kicked.

3. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Rooting for the Texans this year is like rooting for the 1962 New York Mets. They'll win maybe 3 games, and when they lose like they did today to the Bungles, it'll be ugly.

But don't forget...the Mets won the World Series 7 years after they came into the league. I believe the Texans will win a Super Bowl within the next 7 years (and watch H-town go nuts when they do).

If you're a fan, you've got to be in it for the long haul. Anybody can be a bandwagon fan of a team that wins all the time.

4. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

So you're making predictions for games in future seasons already?

I'm not even sure when the Texans will travel to Paul Brown Stadium for a game. It won't be until 2005, I don't think. (Well, I guess the Bengals could be on the schedule for one of those 2 intraconference games that fill out the schedule before then. It's not unlikely that the Bengals and Texans will both be in last place in their divisions at the end of the season).

But hey, we've got your very early prediction down.

#44 mrpaige, Nov 3, 2002
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2002
  5. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let us never speak of this game again.

6. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

That is probably a good idea.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

They changed their stripes.

8. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Damn our secondary is weak. It seems like Marcus Coleman gets burned atleast 3 times a game. If the Texans decide to keep him after this year they should switch him to Free Safety because he is a good tackler but he sucks on one on one coverage. Bradford had a terrible game too.

9. Gascon

Gascon Member

*Gascon keeps judiciously silent*

10. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

It isn't a small group of players that causes a team to lose 38-3 to a winless team. It was a complete breakdown of all phases of the game. NOBODY played very well for our Texans today. It's ok...next week is a new week.

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

What an AWFUL game!! Seemed completely uninspired...a real let down.

They only managed 3 points...but I was even more disappointed in the defense. They're a group of veterans and they had far and away their worst game yesterday. We need more big plays from our corners...we need more stable play from our safeties...and for the love of God, please put some pressure on Kitna just once!!!

Oh, well...moving on...

GO TEXANS!!! BEAT THE FREAKING TITANS!!!

12. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Getting raped at home by the Bungles, is as low as it gets in the No Fun League.

13. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

I feel like a fool for saying that the Bengals were crazy for their prediction and that the Texans would whoop them. :(

14. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Yeah I know that but Marcus Coleman gets burned every week and Matt Stevens has to be the worst safety in all of football.

15. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I don't know about that. The secondary as a whole hasn't played very well this season. I think it's learning to play in the 3-4 defense. Give it some time.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The defense looked really horrible

It went down hill after boy stepped out of bounds on the
    102 yd int return.

Rocket river

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

did you know...before last week...the texans had the 6th best pass defense in the league?