1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo!] Rumor: Josh Smith has Houston on his list?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 18pbr, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Houston_Rockets

That rumor is so fake man.

Why would, the team that trades the best player in the deal, take back, an atrocious looong contract, of a 32 year old Center that only gives them rebs, blocks and Fouls (not hating on rebs and blocks, but for that amount of money for that long? 4real?) ???

If Marvin Williams is a bad contract, Haywoods is disgusting.

Daniel Orton, Ryan Anderson nothing more then rotational guys in cheap contracts(at this point).

Beaubois, 6ยด2 Overrated SG, in a cheap contract

And Nelson, is actually, not a huge upgrade over Hinrich (against common belief?), I actually think that Hinrich, makes the team better, specially because he is a fighter on D, a pest, and overall he is solid. Nelson, can light it up, but he can be a ghost when the team needs him. He has huge variations of his performance, Hinrich is solid and we know what he will bring every day.

Talk about some deals Houston fans proposed in this thread being unrealistic :rolleyes:, we all understand who is throwing this out there.....

PeAcE

2. monster

monster Member

Forget Josh Smith....bring back Hakeem. UNBEATABLE!!!

3. Houston_Rockets

This video just proves how much athleticism is overrated when it come to performing at a hight level (just look how easy it is for JSmoove to get off the ground:eek:).

It should be important, but should not be the focus of professional players.

B-ball fundamentals all day every day.

PeAcE

4. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

Dream still has game.

Yes please to Josh Smith.

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

That is why it is/was a rumor.

6. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

I saw him at the galleria one time. At first glance I thought he was rapper the Game. Lol but yeah he was just chilling in a shoe store listening to his ipod.

7. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Oh so if we replace Chuck Hayes with like a Tyson Chandler or Camby the Rockets all of a sudden become a contender?

I just dont get why people bash on Hayes so much. I know he is undersized but he plays with so much heart and he brings so much more than most centers. Instead of highlight reels blocks, he draw charges which doesnt show up on stat sheet. Chuck Hayes plays more solid defense than most centers in the league and he is probably one of the top best passing big man. He used to be a liability on the offensive end but he worked on his game and became a threat if leave opened. He worked on his offense and learned to finish around the rim really well.

The Rockets not being a contender isn't because our starting center is Chuck Hayes, the Rockets is not a contender because we don't have a superstar or at least 2 all stars. The ROckets are stacked with good to great role players and 2nd fiddle players like Martin and SCola. But Having a superstar player will take the Rockets a long way.

I guaranteed anyone that if the Rockets have a superstar or at least 2 all star on this team, having Chuck as the starting center wouldn't hurt this team. All they need is a lengthy shot blocker to back up Hayes. But having Chuck playing the high post and his great defense is fine.

8. AFS

AFS Member

Hayes starting is okay I suppose, but that backup better be playing starter's minutes. Hayes is a great post-defender, but a good shotblocking center would not only defend his own man, but help put the entire paint area on lockdown. No point in having shotblockers if they aren't out there blocking shots.

9. FR0497

FR0497 Member

No, but they would be a lot closer with Chandler. Hayes is an excellent man defender but does not provide the shot blocking ability to keep players out of the paint. Also, I can recall numerous times where Hayes is getting out rebounded simply because of his height. He has 7 footers literally grabbing rebounds over him while he stands there helpless, watching them drop the putback in because he is not tall enough to contend the shot around the rim.

10. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

It was a fake for a simpler reason: there isn't a snowball's chance Dallas would give away Beaubois for Marvin Williams.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Comment From MikeMike: ]

Jonathan Feigen:

12. Roxdoc

Roxdoc Member

A legit star in H town next year? Too good to be true

13. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Smith makes $12.4M next year.
    Brad, Thabeet, and Hill make a combined $12.7M next year and are essentially expiring deals.

To save cash, the 125% rule says that $9.9M is needed to go over for Smith.
    Brad and Thabeet combined are $9.9M.

So salary matching is hardly a problem.

Rockets have a slew of draft picks and small dollar sweeteners (Chase, Lee) to go along for the ride.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

glad to hear we aren't interested in Smith.

15. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Yeah guys like Lowry and Hayes and Patterson are soft. I bet they pee their pants all game long, derpy derp.

16. remjay

remjay Member

They are not soft in their style of play, but the comment was referring more so to demeanor. In that sense, Ron was the last 'tough' guy we had.

17. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Yeah, if your SG and SF is Wade and Lebron.

18. Greg M

Greg M Member

Are you starting a rumor that Hayes is being traded to the Heat? :p

19. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

If Scola is the only key piece missing from a trade for Smith, our roster would look pretty good as...

Lowry/Dragic
    Martin/[Draft, Twill (lol), Bud]
    Smith/Bud
    Pat/Hill
    Hayes/[Thabeet/Miller/Yao (lol)]

Pat is a pretty good outside shooter, but can bang inside. Smith can be devastating down low and was an acceptable 33% from distance. Both of them can block shots and most blocked shots come off the ball. They would create matchup nightmares on both ends of the court and all Hayes has to do is play hard nosed defense and get garbage points.

Maybe it's me, but I remember winning a championship with Chucky Brown at PF.

Wait for the #1 video, even in Spanish, I love the Rockets!

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mlNNQfYQ00M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

EDIT: I even left Lee off that list at the 2!!!

#219 GladiatoRowdy, Jun 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  20. aball1991

aball1991 Member

he is worth a lot more than the 14th pick, more like c lee + #23 + #14