1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Sean Mitchell: Yes, Houston -- it's OK to be happy for Dallas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 15, 2011.

1. ThaShark316_28

Laughingstock teams don't even sniff the postseason. I'm not saying we've been CONTENDERS. But to say laughingstock, wow. Who are we? The ****ing Clippers? Trust me, no one is happy about how we've been, but to throw that term out there is disgusting.

2. Chris Jent MVP

that is the age your mentality reflects, yes.

rockets have been an average nba team for the last 15 years, by all objective measurements. "laughing stock" is hyperbole for the objectively worst teams, such as clippers, timberwolves, bucks... don't dare call yourself a rockets fan and compare the rocketds to those teams.

i try not to resort to personal attacks, but you sire are a complete jackass.

1 person likes this.
  3. ThaShark316_28

Props coming.

Dude basically said people were laughing at the Rockets 2 years after a title. Our fan base is the got damn laughingstock.

4. devin23

devin23 Member

I will never cheer for the mavs. I hate all their players except for Chandler. Their owner is Mark Cuban and their fans are annoying.

5. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Since 1997:

Houston Rockets: 7 playoff appearances. 1 playoff series win.
    Minnesota Timberwoves:7 playoff appearances. 2 playoff series win.
    LA Clippers: 1 playoff appearance. 1 playoff series win.
    Milwaukee Bucks: 7 playoff appearances. 2 playoff series win.

So we basically belong with this group.

Try again "jackass".

Houston Rockets - where the team is a laughingstock and the fans are delusional.

6. R0ckets03

I've been a Rockets fan probably before you were born, so chill the **** out. Dont call myself a Rockets fan? LOL...

If I wasn't a Rockets fan, why the hell would I be posting on this board when we suck as bad as we do?

Just cause I'm a realist does not mean I love my team any less dumb ass.

7. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

*SMH*

"Get a rope"

[​IMG]

8. ThaShark316_28

So in 2009, which falls in to your "laughing stock" comment, the Rockets were still being made fun of? When Kenny Smith and Chris Webber flat out said the Rockets were a half away from possibly a NBA title after taking a halftime lead vs. LAL, our team were a laughingstock?

People were laughing at us in 2008 during the 22 game win streak? When we went up 2-0 vs. Dallas in 2005? Being a team that traded for a guy who most figured would be a star prior to the 99-2000 season. The media/critics/experts were laughing at the rockets HARD after that Quitten trade, right?

You aren't a realist, let's keep it real around here. Don't disgrace actual realists around here by spewing bull****. Look, every Rocket fan here hates missing the playoffs, or the playoff failures, or whatever negative thing that effects this phenomenal franchise. But to sit there and make us seem like the 92-2011 Pittsburgh Pirates...awful.

But do what you do, bruh.

9. R0ckets03

No way! A former Rockets said we could have won some championship?!?! We must be good then. Lets hang our hat on that. I'm satisfied for the next 25 years if we go on another 22 games winning streak.

Results speak for themselves. The Rockets have been one of the worst NBA franchises for more then a decade now.

10. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

alot of so called "rockets fans" showed their true colors in this year's nba finals.

11. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

I don't understand being happy for Dallas.

I'm happy that they won, but I'm not happy for them.

The alternative was to have the Heat win it all in the first year of their fruity little arrangement, and watch every star in the league scramble to team up with every other star.

That would have been bad for basketball, and would have made things a lot less interesting.

It might still happen, but at least the Heat didn't get a free pass to the championship like many expected they would.

I'm just happy that someone beat them.

If you define your love for the Rockets by your hatred of the Mavs, I don't think you're much of a Rockets fan.

The Jazz can still burn in Hell.

12. ThaShark316_28

I see what you saying, BUT a lot of folks just didn't want James winning ****.

13. Damion Laverne

That's just ludicrous!!!!!!!!

14. Raven

Raven Member

Dallas sucks.

15. surrender

surrender Member

I'm still bitter about the 2005 playoff series. F Dallas.

16. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Exactly. This is/has been a mediocre team at best. It certainly hasn't been a laughing stock along the lines of the Wizards, TWolves, Raptors, Pistons or Bucks. It's more or less on the level of the Pacers, Kings, 76ers, Bobcats, etc. As I posted elsewhere: Dallas winning the NBA title really has nothing to do with Houston just as Houston winning their two NBA titles had nothing to do with Dallas. The reality is that the Mavericks don't even consider the Rockets to be their rivals as they are much more focused on the Spurs. You find far more folks in Houston obsessing over things Dallas than you find folks in Dallas obsessing over things Houston.

17. rocketballin

rocketballin Member

I was happy to see the Mavs win.. Alot of my family is from Dallas and theyre die hard Mavs fans so I was happy to see them finally get one. And for alot of you Rockets fans who think we have a rivalry going with the Mavs.. Well lets put it this way.. The only team the Mavs consider themselves rivals with is the Spurs. Until we get our $hit together and start putting up consistency throughout the years, we will never be anyones rival.

18. BryanD

BryanD Member

I don't care what anyone says -- Mark Cuban unfairly exerted extraordinary pressure on the referees to single out Yao's play in the 2005 playoffs. He couldn't stand it that the Rockets totally rocked Dallas in Games 1 & 2, so he whined like a schoolgirl to the NBA. Sorry, but I cannot be happy for the Mavericks -- Cuban totally soured me on his entire franchise.

19. BryanD

BryanD Member

OK -- I'll tell you -- I wouldn't have pulled what Cuban did in '05. There's the right way of winning, and then there's Cuban's way.

20. ThatWriterGuy

ThatWriterGuy Contributing Member

You're just wrong. Look at my analysis in this article. We have fewer playoff series wins than some organizations but we're still not worse.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ycn-8287371

Heck, I'd even say we've been better than a team like the Nets, who took advantage of the weakest two years in Eastern Conference history to go to the Finals after 52 and 49-win seasons. The first year (2002), we went 16-0 versus the Central Division. One year (2008) we even won 55 games and ended up tied for the fifth seed while there have been a few years where the best team in the east, which obviously plays the majority of their games against each other, didn't even have that many or just barely had more.

We've choked a series or three away but we have had some good teams over the years victimized by an ultra tough West or injuries, if not both. Then of course there was the Franchise-Mobley era of bad shots and bad contracts but that's another story.