1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Help] I needs to make A on my MCAT

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LosPollosHermanos, Jun 14, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

MCAT is shorter, I think only 5 hours.

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

Do they have MCAT courses at Test Masters? Or do they only fockass on SAT's?

Also if you can get your hands on some NZT 48's, you'd be on your way.

3. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

I took it twice on computer...did above average both times. Use princeton review..i think i went through them like 3 times each and then also exam krackers for a quick review. First time I took it didnt take many practice tests, something like 3. The second time I took like 10 practice tests and it really helps you get down the timing. Take the AAMC tests. Study everyday and understand that you will have no life, you will miss out on lots of fun experiences, but at the end of the day when you dont have to take it again its all worth it. Good luck.

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

the "A" part was a joke...

but yea everyone's advice really helped so far. Especially the one about taking my stuff everywhere and wasting no time. Never thought of it like that.

5. danny317

danny317 Member

just know that the mcat is the tip of the iceberg.

good luck.

6. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I would say the opposite it true. The LSAT tests your thought process, the MCAT is very subject specific. You also need to be able to reason well, but there are a lot of questions that you will get right if you know the science but can only guess at if you don't. I never took college level bio or O.chem so I did not do well on those sections, while I did fine on the others. So while it may sound stupid, the best advice probably is to study. Just take a bunch of practice tests. They should point out what areas you need more work on. Make sure to take them under test conditions though.