1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

'New era, New demeanor' - Article written by Nathan Stanogias AKA nathan8

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nathan8, Jun 13, 2011.

1. cuddie

cuddie Member

Well, this quote is a good place to start. And you asked for my input the second you posted this on a public forum, though I suppose that basic premise is lost on you as well.

In chronological order:
    This one deserves bold:

It starts with you, buddy. Unless you seriously believe that there wasn't anything remotely inflammatory about what you posted, which....well I wouldn't put it past you, "mate."

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I noticed that you had derogatory remarks to make about '99ers. That's amusing, young chap. Why? Because you could easily become a contributing member by making a donation to the Tip Jar, which would help Clutch maintain this BBS. You know, the site you are using to promote yourself. Do so, and some of us might search real hard and find a modicum of respect to toss your way, instead of simply tossing our cookies as a result of reading your effort. Something to ponder.

www.ClutchFans.net/tipjar.cfm

3. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That article reminded me of the Holocaust...only more hurtful towards the Jews.

2 people like this.
  4. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Well the "article" I could have done without, but the rest of the thread was a great way for me to start the day!

5. nathan8

nathan8 Member

You guys are acting like I put my heart and soul into the piece, hahaha it's ridiculous how serious and conservative the feedback is. I wrote this because I was bored, not because I believe i'm a journalist or a publisher for christ sake. You guys need to click the little red 'x' on the right hand corner of your page and chill the **** out man. WATCH OUT, THE GREEN SQUARES ARE OUT TO GET ME! Pfff. (Watch this start another tough internet argument) :p

6. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

I think it's great that a guy who doesn't care and was "just bored" is taking the time to respond to all of his readers.

7. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Lost credibility with me with the suggestion of starting Terence Williams at SF. Unless we are going to have a firesale (which it is clear that we are not), he has not earned a spot in the rotation, much less a starting nod.

I like Josh Smith but he is not a center and not a SF. At $11m+ salary, he's not worth starting over Patterson.

8. nathan8

nathan8 Member

I respond because I am fed up with the inappropriate remarks and posts. I am indeed entitled to stand up for what I believe is ethical. With regards to what is being said that is. Believe me, if you posted something out of pure bordem and put little effort within the content and hot shot "contributing members" posted unnecessary comments about the peice, you too would defend your self my friend. I posted to start discussion, however I have seemed to lure jerks into this thread. I have seen several threads where arguments have eventuated. It seems to be a continuous issue. In turn, Clutchfans has a heap of 'monkey see, monkey do' members. One hot shot has a dig at someone and he shortly after has 20 members following his point of view. I am here by ignoring any ignorant posts, regardless of the thread.

9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Is this Nathan 8s football squad from 2006

http://www.stmarysfc.org.au/past-seasons-results/2006-season/under-13s/brown

OH, TEAL, WHITE AND BLACK, ST MARYS WE STAND PROUD
    SO COME ON BOYS LETS JOIN ARMS AND SING IT OUT LOUD.

SO JOIN IN THE CHORUS AND SING IT ONE AND ALL,
    JOIN IN THE CHORUS THE BURRA IS ON THE BALL,
    GOOD OLD ST MARYS THEY'RE CHAMPIONS YOU'LL AGREE,
    ST MARYS IS THE TEAM THAT PLAYS
    TO WIN FOR YOU AND ME, HEY!

GOOOO BURRA

10. cuddie

cuddie Member

Or maybe, and here's just an idea, your "article" had very little substance and was a waste of everyone's time, further exacerbated by your insistence on defending it with petty insults towards the bbs that you posted it on. After garnering the deserved negative feedback--and obviously not taking it well--you say that you put no effort into something you apparently wrote out of boredom.

So what kind of feedback were you expecting then? What exactly are you defending? A half-assed, meaningless article doesn't usually make people this defensive. You obviously thought it was good enough to attach your full name to--which I advise a moderator delete, for your own good, given your responses in this thread.

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

Hey, WE'RE not the ones who gave the thread this pretentious title:

'New era, New demeanor' - Article written by Nathan Stanogias AKA nathan8

12. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

More or less the reason for your flaming Nathan.
    Do your father a favor, go to the convenience store, in your racecar bed, and pick me up some condoms.

1 person likes this.
  13. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Dude, stfu. If you would have laughed about your error (it was dumb/funny), then you would've had more people talking about Josh Smith and less about your grammar. The fact that you've gotten so defensive about it and resorted to name calling has only led to more people making fun of you to get a rise out of you.

Learn to laugh at yourself -- life will be much easier that way. You could've just asked someone how to post pictures instead of calling everyone losers/dorks who know how to.

14. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

[​IMG]

15. jcee15

How does Moes' Dirk taste?

16. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Great, thanks.

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

See, if you keep disrespecting members that are trying to help you out. Then you're going to get destroyed on this BBS. You still have a chance to turn it all around.

As for members like Moes. Just ignore him, lol.

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

That's what SHE said!

19. jcee15

I'm cool with it if you are. Carry on.

20. delishman

delishman Member

Ouhh man.

Maybe this off season won't be so bad.