1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Barkley taking shots @ Hakeem/Rockets for "Tainted Titles" during Jordan's retirement

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JimmyJackson, Jun 3, 2011.

1. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Okay.. I thought it was obvious what I meant but I guess not! lol He didn't play ALL of 95

But people still say if he would've played that whole year things would be different... I disagree!

2. htown11

htown11 Member

LOL good enough comeback for me well done

3. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

It's such a stupid argument for so many reasons. Not only would the Rockets have had a good chance against the Bulls based on how they matched up, but "if" this and "if" that is just stupid.

If Yao and McGrady stayed healthy, Pierce might still be ringless, and Kobe may have never won a title without Shaq.

If Len Bias didn't OD, maybe we'd be remembering him as the GOAT right now.

If the queen had balls, she would be the king.

1 person likes this.
  4. conquistador#11

By the logic that some use, Championships after jordan's second retirement should not count. 1999-2011 are all tainted because Jordan was no longer around. =/

They forget that the bulls were a few bad calls from getting to the finals without this god, Jordan.
    They also forget that basketball is all about matchups. Bulls apologists should all thank the Sonics, otherwise the Bulls would have two less trophies. The bulls didn't match up well with the rockets.
    And if this god, Jordan indeed was a god, then he would have led the bulls to a victory over Shrek and Penny. he wasn't able to and it was not because he was rusty, as they like to believe.

This always angers me. And Barkley is still pissed at Lex then again so am I.

5. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

Can't find a link, but even Jordan said that they couldn't match-up with the Rockets and likely would've lost had he stayed. Houston I believe, had the best record against the Bulls, during that era.

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Somehow, I really doubt Jordan would have said that.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

whatever, if they beat Orlando and played the Rockets, then this dumb excuse that he didn't "play" wouldn't go in affect.

For the Rockets fans who've actually seen Jordan play since the beginning, they know the outcomes of the battles with the Rockets.

here's a thread with the real results at the time.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=142418

8. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Dude, Im agreeing with u! I may be wrong but it seems like ur trying to get in another "web-war" with me! lol

I didn't say anything in disagreement with u, it was in disagreement with people that say our rings are "tainted"

9. PlanetG

PlanetG Member

Chuck will be running his mouth for the rest of his life. That's what he does - and he and Kenny rock at that with EJ on TNT (my 0.02). I don't think any idle Rockets diss from the guy is anything to really write home about. If you sat him down and asked him about his Rockets tenure... I would hope he'd be respectful and matter-of-fact about the opportunity he had here.

I think the most scathing thing he's said this year was what he said during the NCAA tourney about the Big East, about how you can't win without athletes. I guess he barely got burned by UConn there... so again, Chuck just runs his mouth, you know? :grin:

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the only thing that Jordan said about this was here in Clutch's article:

http://www.clutchfans.net/news/1549/rudy_t_reflects_on_rockets/

On the Rockets vs. Bulls debate

I finally got a chance to talk to Michael Jordan years [later] over at Barkley's house and he thought that the best matchup they would have had during that era was against us because of the way Max used to play him and how our big guys used to dominate their inside.

11. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

He's just pissed that the Rockets and Hakeem kicked his arse in the play-offs on their way to a championship... something that he could not do. And by the way, Jordan was playing when the Rockets won their second Championship.

12. AggieRocketsFan

Tainted Championship > No Championship

13. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

It's not tainted, because the only point Barkley's brain can conjure up are ifs.

If Kareem had been born 20 years later, Shaq wouldn't have any rings.
    If Jordan had been shorter, he would have been a baseball player.
    If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.

Barkley doesn't make point. He just sells hypotheticals as facts.

14. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Let's get one thing straight, Charles. Despite Jordan being retired, your team having a better record, and you having a fellow all-star, your team couldn't even get to the finals. Your team choked. Twice. Stop hating.

Oh and Get over the $3M. Les traded championship players to give you the opportunity to win a ring here. We all know how many rings that got us.

15. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Is there something I'm missing.. how does this argument ever work in the 2nd championship season when Jordan PLAYED and got eliminated in the 2nd rounds. I don't get it.

16. FullMetal Sage

Why is it that no one brings up the Quadruple double that Hakeem and only three other players achieved?

17. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

/thread

18. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I cant believe barkley would say something controversial to create a reaction.

19. woket

woket Member

Whatever Barkley. You can only beat whoever is on the court.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Jordan was playing in the 2nd championship season.

DD