1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron Winning a Tainted Ring?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Qball, May 27, 2011.

?

If Lebron didn't recuit Bosh and it was only him and Wade in Miami, would you be more

1. Yes

34 vote(s)
    23.9%
  2. No

80 vote(s)
    56.3%
  3. I would cheer for him regardless of how many additional superstars

28 vote(s)
    19.7%
  1. Octavianus

Octavianus Member

Really? Bosh played pretty well tonight, plays great team D, and hits shots from 18 feet, to free up room for Lebron and Wade.
    He's a huge part of the team, and is one of the main reasons they are winning, because teams cannot leave him open.

2. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Man, you've got some issues. Face it, your beloved MAVERICKS aren't winning the title- not this year, and probably not next year. They'll win the obligatory 1-2 games, giving the Mavericks fans some slim degree of hope, and they'll lose in 5 or 6.

LeBron's been a class act since he's been in the league. Doesn't take cheap shots, not in trouble outside the court, played hard and great all those years with the Cavs. He made a very stupid Decision, and Mr. Riley threw a very egotistical pre-season show. Sorry, but the hate for Lebron is really stupid- except if you live in Cleveland, that's understandable- although I'd put partial blame on the front office for thinking that Mo Williams or Jamison was the answer.

3. htown11

htown11 Member

LeBron realized he needed more help to win a championship. He saw an opportunity to pair up with a great player in Wade and recruit an all star in Bosh. What exactly constitutes the word "tainted" within that thought process?

Smart move if you ask me. He could have kept on waiting and waiting in Cleveland, been a nice guy about the whole thing but instead saw an opportunity of a lifetime. He didn't "ask out" like so many guys do, he didn't demand the Cavs to look for a new home for him, he waited till free agency and left.

A great career choice that has obviously paid dividends fast.

Like others have said if you have beef with LeBron about how he handled "The Decision" that's completely fair, but if you have beef with him just for the sake of having beef then well.... "beefers gotta beef?"

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

They could have used the capspace on other guys who would have made life easier for their stars. How much more dangerous would they be if they spent the 15M they paid for Bosh for a 10M post guy (like say Scola), a better pg and some wing depth? Maybe then LBJ doesn't have to play 45 minutes a night and Wade wouldn't be breaking down.

5. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

I wasn't even talking about LeBron in that post. I wasn't even talking about the Heat or Mavericks. I wasn't even talking to you. Wtf are you on? I was referring to his statement about "anybody outside of Houston considers the Rockets championships to be fake since MJ wasn't in the league" AFTER I pointed out that MJ played in '95.

Going to have to agree to disagree on LeBron being a class act.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

MJ played with both Pippen and Rodman in their primes. Unlike the heat the Bulls back then also had elite role players like Steve Kerr and some nice utility big men. The Lakers last year had two guys in the top 5, and they also had a deep bench, Boston's original big 3 had 3 superstars etc. etc.

Only difference is Miami was done through player power, while the rest of the players had to wait and beg their teams to make trades. Why you guys hate that I have absolutely no idea.

7. wekko368

wekko368 Member

By the time Jordan, Pippen, and Rodman played together, Jordan was past his prime.

8. Mr. Space City

rodman was in his mid 30's

9. Octavianus

Octavianus Member

There plan is to build there PG and Center ranks by FA, MLE next year, and by the way they are playing they made the right play by getting Bosh.
    Bosh is quicker, younger, taller, better shooter, and better at team D then Scola.
    You get the superstars first, then worry about role players.
    Lebron can play 45mins a night, as he is super fit, Wade on the other hand, is getting spells from Miller and hopefully James Jones when he comes back from injury.

10. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

Baaahahaha, dude was still droppin 50pts when he was 40 years old, michael jordan "past his prime" is a really misleading statement

11. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Jordan's entire career was a prime (not including the Wizards years).

12. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

And da rebounding champ every year

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Exactly, some distance between MJ and no. 2, which is why Drexler was never considered on par with MJ, or at least the space jam nike MJ everyone knows. If you ask Wekko though, he'll say Drexler was as good as MJ and conisdered his sworn rival.

From the quotes it seemed like Pippen was just pitted against MJ day in and day out and subjected to the continuous verbal and mental hazing. It worked for Pippen but I dont consider that kind of treatment as "mentoring", just looked at how messed up Pippen became after.

They CB but to offset this they no consistently good role players, outside of Joel Anthony unlike say the Celts who had 4 superstars, Perkins, depth or the Lakers with a lot of upper tier guys in old Kobe, Pau Gasol, Bynum, Odom and a slew of wings. Of the three super teams, Miami's big 3 has had to carry the heaviest load due to their lack of depth, I seriously doubt anybody else could have pulled of playing 45 minutes while guarding the other team's best player and being their team's best scorer like LBJ had done this season. And if LBJ hadn't performed at this ridiculous level? The heat would probably be the 8 seed in the East.

14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Sounds like a really expensive role player to me.

Haslem - similar role, much cheaper.

Thanks for proving my point. Appreciate it.

15. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Nope, Drexler wasn't as good as Jordan, but back in the late 80's, the gap wasn't that wide.

How do you think that gap was perceived when Drexler was leading the Blazers to the finals and the Bulls were knocked out by the Pistons?

It doesn't matter what you call it. Fact is, Pippen became elite because of Jordan.

16. wekko368

wekko368 Member

No, its not. We're talking about players coming together at the peaks of their careers. Jordan's peak was during his first 3-peat. So by the time Rodman joined Pippen and Jordan, Jordan was past his prime but still super effective. Even Pippen was slowing down.

Bosh, James, and Wade came together at their primes. It's different.

17. Mr. Space City

a lot of people forget how poor pippen was during the second 3-peat.

in 95-96, he was HORRIBLE

18. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I don't know about crushed, they would have lebron's money to surround wade and bosh with talent.

19. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Lebron's making 14.5 million
    So is Bosh. Wade is making 14 million.

Dirk + Tyson Chandler is making the same amount as Lebron + Bosh..

Throw in Jason Terry, Miami is only paying ~4 million more for Wade.

And check out the payroll of the Mavs.. 90 million vs 66 million for the Heat.. :eek:

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/miami.htm

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/dallas.htm

20. jlwee

jlwee Member

Don't get fooled by this fool bleedrocketsred! He is a Kobe fan. He is just bitter that his idol has gone fishing this summer and now worried about the player all kobe fans hated, Lebron James, is about to win his first ring.