1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Cinema] The Hangover 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Mar 31, 2011.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

LOL - I love Alan !

DD

2. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Seems pretty mixed here, but I'll say that I enjoyed it. Nowhere near as bad as I was expecting. Had some very solid laughs.

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Saw it yesterday and while it is pretty much the exact same movie just set in Thailand was pretty funny and entertaining. Definitely not a movie to see if you want to see character growth or witty plot but good for thoughtless cheap laughs.

4. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

After seeing the trailer for this I wasn't expecting much.

It didn't bring much new to the table, yeah I laughed here and there but the fact that they reused the same sequences and what not just came off as really lazy writing.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Saw it. It was funny but I wasn't
    Bill Clinton
    supposed to make a cameo?

6. GRENDEL

I kept waiting for that as well unless it was a superfast moment that wasn't even mentioned.

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was waiting for that too. I mentioned that afterwords to the people I saw the movie with and they had never heard about that.

8. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Basically the exact same movie as the first one in a different place.

9. VanityHalfBlack

Is this funnier than Jackass 3??? Seems like this type of film is catered to the Alpha-male/Fratboy audience....

10. GRENDEL

Totally different kinds of movies. Think this is probably closer to Due Date compared to Hangover 1.

11. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I thought the first one was overrated but a better than average comedy. I expected this movie to be 2.5 out of 5 stars and that's about what it was.

Chow stole the the first movie but pretty much sucked in this one. Why do studios have to make a charicature out of characters that were great just the way they were?

Hangover Part 2 is to The Hangover what Meet the Fockers was to Meet the Parents.

12. bamaslammer

bamaslammer Contributing Member

Without giving anything away, I thought was disturbing and something that won't stand up to repeat viewings. I was just glad I closed my eyes at the appropriate times.

13. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

Haven't seen it. Don't plan on seeing it til DVD. Based off of reviews here and reviews from friends, doesn't look like its worth it.

I imagined from the trailer that it'd be same exact story, just replace the missing guy with a different missing guy, switch cities, and replace tiger in bathroom with monkey in bathroom.

Looks like I wasn't too far off.

14. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Pretty much spot on. I thought it was funny and entertaining anyway, but neither Hangover film is a classic to me. I feel like the first one gets a little over-glorified ... it was really funny, but to me it doesn't have that "re-watchability" that I like in comedies where no matter how many times I watch it, it will crack me up.

The dialogue and some scenes in this one did feel really forced, but if you're going to see "The Hangover" for the acting, something is wrong with you. But I feel like it was written hastily and some of the scenes they just did as few takes as possible and said "f*** it, that's a wrap" and raced through the script so they could crank this out and get their $100 million opening weekend.

#114 DieHard Rocket, May 31, 2011
    Last edited: May 31, 2011
  15. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Agreed...I too expected to see Bill Clinton in it as well...I laughed here/there, and some good lines and situations, but overall, not better than the 1st...Leslie Chow is awesome...

"Is that a spiders nest?"

16. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

Similar thought; the first one IMO was fueled by alot of hype....although I remember people rewatching it and cracking up, I never ranked it that high on my rewatchability ratings.

I'd rather watch Anchorman again.

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

too much on screen Dick. but I was impressed. Good movie year, alot have proved me wrong.

The hang over 2???? When I heard about it I was like thats just overkill, its probably gonna be dumb, But man I found my self laughing my ass off the entire time.

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I agree 100%, except the first hangover probably gets a 7.5 out 10 from me. this one was a 9.

19. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Saw it yesterday. Repeating what others have said, worth watching but not as good as the first. Rotten tomatoes has it at a 94% audience rating so most people are enjoying it.

20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Why does Zack Galifinikas keep getting work?

He's just painfully unfunny these days.