1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston in advanced talks with Kevin McHale (UPDATE: Done Deal)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HMMMHMM, May 27, 2011.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Their draft pick.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

edit.....

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

duplicate..sorry

4. mob16151

mob16151 Member

This thread was fun. Not because of the McHale hire, but because of all the Dragon Lady drama. Carry on. lol

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rockets' McHale lauded for his work with young players

How the Rockets chose Kevin McHale. Can he exceed expectations again?

1 person likes this.
  7. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

So the main reason they hired McHale was for development. Gives us more reason to trade Martin and Scola on draft night for high end lottery picks, so they can develop under McHale. :grin:

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

False. DM made it clear that he doesn't tell the coach who to play. He wouldn't have hired Mchale if that was a case.

9. Vivaelsueno

Vivaelsueno Member

I can't wait until next year.

I can't wait until next year.

...that's Oct. 2012 when Morey and Kevin are fired for having the worst record in NBA history.

10. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I wondered how much change would be coming but now I'm pretty convinced it will be MAJOR.

11. da_juice

da_juice Member

Should be interesting to see how McHale runs his offense and defense. I'm unfamilar with how he runs his plays.

12. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Weren't there reports saying Les me the final hire? We don't even know if Morey wanted to fire Adelman. Thats behind closed doors. There were also reports of Les having problems with Adelman. I guess someone has to be fired if this doesn't work out, but people are already putting this decision on Morey. It was a joint decision at worse.

13. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

edited

14. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

You can't wait for that?

Why are you posting on a Rockets fan forum?

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Everything depends now on the quality of McHale's assistants. Clearly, those of us appalled at the hire are just going to have to hope for the best, so those other dudes on the bench are crucial. We need assistants with deep experience coaching in the NBA. Finch, who looks to be one of the hires, doesn't have the kind of top level experience in The League that I'm jonesin' for. Perhaps he can get that now, but under one or two other hires, like Dave Joeger, Kelvin Sampson, and Mike Malone (as many as we can get!), along with Mr. Finch and, I hope, a former Rocket. There are several that would be an asset on the sidelines and a balm to some of us who are most unhappy with how things have played out.

16. Raven

Raven Member

Utterly clueless, the Rockets are rebuilding and will almost certainly lose a significant number of games next season, but that won't make hiring K-Mac a failure.

17. Olajuwon34

Olajuwon34 Member

I hope he helps develope some of our bigs. His knowledge and skill-set when he played as a big -- could provide to be very useful for Scola, Patterson, etc.

18. anchel

anchel Member

I see very possible that Martin's comments were actually sarcastic. Players already expressed their disagreement with Adelman's departure. Add the Lowry's tweet:

And the fact that he still has not said anything about the hiring.

And indeed it is not the first time that Martin shows sarcasm in a statement.

On the other hand, I really don't care about what they say/may think at this moment (although it would be preferable that in case of disagreement they keep their your mouth shut), would be worried if this does happen in middle December... But McHale has time until then to earn the respect from his players.

1 person likes this.
  19. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

He can't comment until it's a done deal...

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Nope he just releases them if they don't play who he wants playing

Rocket RIver