1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Horace Grant Thinks The Rockets Titles are Questionable

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketMania1991, May 27, 2011.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Horace Grant: "But Michael Jeffrey Jordan, who we bumped heads with at times, is I think in my era, the best who ever played the game."

Am I the only one who noticed this nonsensical sentence? Is Jordan the best in their era or is he the best ever? Make up your mind, Horace.

2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I think Horace Grant's titles are suspect...

3. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Horace Grant puts on women's underwear and hangs around in bars...

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Whew! That was close, I almost forgot who Horace Grant was for a moment there.

5. Chris Jent MVP

hakeem olajuwon thinks horace grant is questionable :p

6. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

I think Horace Grant can kiss my ass.

7. gezza

gezza Member

Wow, is it really that big a deal?

He said 'probably could have been eight'. He didn't say it definitely would have been eight. Chicago at that time had an aura of invincibility. Even when they didn't finish the regular season with the best record you just had this feeling that Jordan would will them to the title. In 94 even without Jordan they went seven games against the Knicks (which Houston subsequently required seven to defeat). It's conceivable that they COULD have won those two years had Jordan played.

Let people say and speculate all they want. Chicago didn't win those championships, Houston did and that's all that matters.

8. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Horace grant can suck a big fat jelly bean.

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

I've already forgotten what Horace Grant looks like. He should go back and hide under the rock and keep his mouth shut until the end of time.

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Can they really be certain they weren't talking to Harvey Grant?

11. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

yeah but jordan was rusty as **** also.

12. Landy

Landy Member

yes. so rusty that he scored 55 points in the garden.

13. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Get over it already. Your inferiority complex doesnt need any more stroking. We won and there is nothing anybody can do about it. Bulls lost to Magic. Horace Grant never mentioned the Rockets not once in that entire paragraph.

14. Relentless

Relentless Member

1993-94 Olajuwon became the only player in NBA history to win MVP,DPOY, and Finals MVP in the same season.

POP, POP!

15. Relentless

Relentless Member

First game back?

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

false:

In the 1995 playoffs, he shot over 48%
    averaged 31.5 ppg;
    6.5 rebounds/game;
    4.5 assists/game

In the 1996 playoffs...the following year...he shot 45%
    averaged 30.7 ppg;
    4.9 rebounds/game
    4.1 assists/game

He was better in the 95 playoffs than he was in the 96 playoffs, statistically. Certainly not rusty.

The difference was...he didn't have a power forward in 95. Horace Grant had left for Orlando...and when the Bulls met Orlando in the playoffs, they were completely overmatched down low by Shaq and Horace.

The next season, the Bulls acquired Rodman to address that very problem. It worked.

1 person likes this.
  17. aeolus13

aeolus13 Contributing Member

I refuse to take anything said by someone who played basketball in a scuba mask seriously.

18. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

I agree with Horace. Another fact that you seem to forget is Micheal came back at the end of the season. How many players do you know that can come back at the end of a season and be at the top of their game. Nobody!!! He got his scoring average as everybody will say, but what do you expect from the greatest scorer of all time. But what happen the next season when he played a full season, they beat the Magic 4-0 and also beat Seattle 4-2, who swept the Rockets. Do I need to say nobody won again until he retired. I used to think the same thing that the rockets were better. Micheal was on his throne nobody won. He left his throne Rockets won 2. Came back and got back on his throne nobody won. That's what sold it for me. If Michael would have stayed retired, then I would have said the rockets were better.

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

This is the stupidest argument ever.

If anything, MJ was in great shape after wasting time whiffing at minor league pitches, and the stats MadMax just posted show that he had a better performance in the 95 playoffs than he did in the 96 playoffs when they beat Seattle for the title. Dropping 55 on the Knicks in his game back wearing the 45? You think he was rusty? I think you're full of ****.

Get your facts right.

Nothing pisses me off more than idiots who think that Jordan being around in 93-95 makes 8 straight Championships a given. 8 in a row? That would have been a ridiculous feat in modern sports, something unheard of.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

He also managed to pour in 55 points in a game after his return and over 31 points a game in the playoffs, which his return made possible for the Bulls. Clearly, MJ wasn't himself.

(insert "roll-eyes" somewhere)