1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Spurs the new dynasty?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mav3434, Oct 25, 2002.

1. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Thanks for the picture Rockets03 ;)

2. 101 6 7

101 6 7 Member

Why Duncan & not Bryant, McGrady, all the other small stars out there...because they are not 4's or 5's that's why. They also aren't called "Jordan". Why not Nowitsky & Dallas? - DEFENESE. Why the Spurs - They already have the superstar, talent, role players PLUS they have the best cap management in the league. Oh yeah, and lets not forget the games aren't just played on paper...the Spurs you like to rag on wholeheartedly won 58 games last year, with less talent and fewer role players; I guess that has to get figured into the equations, huh? Also, you mention the Spurs haven't won anything; you're right; this is a completely different team than won the championship in '99 (I say this in all seriousness). This team is in the process of completing a rebuild, without ever winning fewer than 56 games in a season!!! Front office knows its ****.

Dallas is done; they have way too many players making more than they are worth...hell they're paying Avery Johnson 4 mil per! The Spurs are waiting for Cuban to finish giving AJ money so they can go ahead and retire his jersey. Orlando - they are screwed as well; paying too much for G. Hill - doesn't allow enough flexibility to build a complete roster. Same with Portland.

As for your arguments about Houston; make the playoffs before you talk about dynasty. On any other board those takes would be b!tch slapped into next year.

I will concede Parker and Ginobilli likely will never individually be what Francis and Mobley are. The Rockets backcourt is the most exciting in the league. You are delusional if you think the Rockets front court is going to hang with (your take here) Duncan, Olawikandi (I personally think it's going to be J. O'Neal), Bowen & Rose. You also need to look at Duncan's block count - it's better than you think - he HAS been 1st team defense for a number of season's now, you know.

3. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

<blockquote><hr> As for your arguments about Houston; make the playoffs before you talk about dynasty. On any other board those takes would be b!tch slapped into next year. <hr></blockquote>
    101 6 7

As for your argument about San Antonio, stop the current dynasty before you talk about your dynasty. On this board, those takes get you b!tch slapped into next year.

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Dear 90210,

Point is that this is all speculation, and it is patently absurd to predict dynasties before they start. Notice how many times you use the word "if" in your arguments. Duncan could snap his Achilles tomorrow, and IF that happens (I hope it doesn't :) ), there goes the whole argument. Now add another thousand, more reasonable arguments (such as Ginobli not panning out, or Parker being overhyped, etc.), and there goes the whole argument again.

6. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

This is a Rockets board. We will damn well talk about our team becoming a dynasty. If you don't like it, either:

a) deal with it
    b) leave

And we certainly aren't going to listen to someone telling us that the piece of **** team known as the Spurs are going to be some f*cking dynasty.

Go to your Spurs board if you want to talk about garbage like that.

Oh and tell your team about trying to win a NBA championship in a season that isn't less than 82 games.

7. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Awww poor baby can't handle Rockets takes on a Rockets board, TOUGH! Before YOU talk dynasty how about trying to, you know, win more then 1 game against the Lakers in the playoffs.. That would help alot. You're over here whining about our takes yet you're talking about Bowens and Rose being the building blocks for a dynasty? At least know what you're talking about. And if you're going to compare Duncan and Kandi to Ming and Griffin at least spell Kandi's name correctly. I'll see you in a year or two when Ming is routinely roasting Kandi. The Jazz have won 50 games a year and it hasn't done jack for them. So before you complain about our "weak-@ss" take at least know what you're talking about fan of a team that is the Laker's b*tch.

#27 RocksMillenium, Oct 28, 2002
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2002
  8. mav3434

mav3434 Member

The rockets won't be able to hang with Bowen and Rose? at ages 34 and 31 when the dynasty begins in 3 years? Pardon while I piss my pants laughing my ass off. I don't know if Bruce Bowen could even beat out Juquan Hawkins for a roster spot; it would be close.

As for your ire overall, congratulations, you have taken obsessive spurs fandom to uncharted depths. Earlier this summer it was blasphemy to believe that Shaq was better than Duncan, then as the year prgoressed those who dare question Manu were duly chastized.

Now, apparently we are all a bunch of biased idiots for disagreeing that the Spurs will become a dynastic champion of champions. You have license to rag on me mercilessly should they do so, but I'm not losing any sleep over that one.

9. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Damn! A Manny sighting in the NBA Forum. You feeling alright there buddy?

10. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Hey, I like to pop in this forum every once and a while! This post here marks my 3rd in this forum for the day! yay!!

11. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

I'll take my chances with Yao Ming and Eddie Griffin. I would prefer those two to Duncan and Kandi.

Enjoy your Utah-like limbo, Spurs fans.

12. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Tim Duncan is underrated.

Parter, Gino, Bowen, Rose, and Kandi are overrated.

For the Spurs to even enter the dynasty debate they need more than add Kandi (his offense sucks--putting him and Bowen on the floor might help you build a nice Victorian house quickly but would not be condusive to putting the ball in the net) or even Oneal (a very good player, but one who plays the position of the Spurs best player).

The Spurs would be much better served by trying to go after a Kobe, McGrady, Pierce type player (or a poor mans version) to enhance the dynamic potential of the team and staying put with TD, Batteer & Roose at the 4/5 than to put all their cap space toward a 4/5. Their glaring weakness is in the big guard play and small forward position.

13. mav3434

mav3434 Member

Shandon Anderson it is then! :D :D :D

14. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

No, they already have, Gino, unless I am a step or two behind your reference:D

15. mav3434

mav3434 Member

Harold Miner it is then!:D :D :D