1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Hasheem...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YaoMac09, Apr 27, 2011.

?

Will Hasheem score more points over his career than Yao in his rookie season?

1. Yes

79 vote(s)
    27.4%
  2. No

100 vote(s)
    34.7%
  3. Brian Cook

109 vote(s)
    37.8%
  1. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Score more points over his career than Yao in his rookie season?

Yao's rookie season = 1,104 points
    So far - Hasheem = 261 points

Just for fun..:)

2. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Wait this can't be right, Hasheem is yet to score as a Rocket?

3. SeabrookMiglla

i think he had a quadruple double the other night :p

4. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

I see Thabeet setting a record for "DNP coach's decision".

5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I see Thabeet doing pretty well (above my expectations) this season.

CD said they can get some good work in this summer and that his footwork has a LOT of room for improvement. If there's a lockout, I can see this being one of CD's more succesful ventures.

On top of that, the kid is a year older, he will go through a training camp, and the other players will also be new to the system. He should/could be in better shape as well - when he got here, the guy didn't have any stamina whatsoever and was clearly physically rusty.

All in all, I see him putting up a season where he hits 50-60% of his shots for 5 or 6 points, grabs 6-7 rebounds in roughly 20 minutes, and also gets 1 or 2 blocks in. To me, that would be absolutely dramatic improvement, I'd be very happy with that as his first step.

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

1,104 times

7. DiamondDobb

DiamondDobb Member

I think comparing any big man to Yao is unfair in terms of scoring, the big man's a low post monster. That being said, I'll be happy if Thabeet shows at least SOME improvement towards being a solid player to justify his acquisition. He's a risk, but he has the size to be of value if he ups his abilities.

8. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Quote me on this:

Thabeet will become a servicable NBA center, anyone remember Muresan, Bol, Bradley, Kite, Klein, B.Benjamin, Zan Tabak?

This kid if given an opportunity will be a defensive presence and at the very least, a garbage points type of player.

It would be awesome for him to work hard over the summer and contribute something to our team next year.

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I think Brian Cook

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Carrol Dawson is a consultant for the Houston Rockets. Meaning when the lockout starts, he will not be able to work with Hasheem until the lockout is over.

With the lockout doom and gloom looking worse and worse every day, its going to be cruicial that the young players on this team find the best possible player development guys to work with over the summer and maybe even fall because of this.

I expect Hasheem, Jordan, and whatever other youngsters the Rockets have to be pretty rusty if and when the seasons starts up next year. The lockout couldnt have come as a worse time as far the development of the Rockets young talent is concerned.

11. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Thabeet just needs to study film and work on his craft in the sanctity of his own home...Worked for Hammer!!!!!...

12. gah

gah Member

Those are bold expectations.

I don't know about CD, are there any success stories of CD's work out camp? Can he make a difference? I'm skeptic, especially on him working with Thabeet, a guy with questionable IQ and commitment to improvement.

That is something I'd like to know, how is this situation going to be handled, I'd like them to -indirectly- at least force Thabeet to work with a certain trainer, I'm sure they are going to hand him a 100 ft long spreadsheet of things he needs to focus on.

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm still scratching my head over this one. You expect Thabeet to do better than you expect?

1 person likes this.
  14. blacktopKING

blacktopKING Member

I apologize for my ignorance but does Memphis have a development league team like the Rockets do? If not, I really do believe he could become a contributor after spending some time with the Vipers.

Bottom line is, we all hope we received a serviceable C, only time will tell.

15. snc

snc Member

No I don't.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I think he will be a bust and won't be a Rocket beyond next season.

17. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Skeptical of CD's work with big men, eh? Who has he developed? Can he make a difference?

C'mon now. How long have you been a Rockets fan?

18. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

I bet he trips over his warm-up shorts trying to enter the game on our 43rd game of the season.

19. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

warm ups*

not warm up shorts

20. gah

gah Member

Had Olajuwon and Yao worked out with me, I could have passed for a genius, easily. Can you name success stories of him helping a fringe NBAer become a respectable one? That's where I'd like to know more.

1 person likes this.