1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vote of Confidence - Daryl Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rileydog, Apr 20, 2011.

?

Vote of Confidence - Would you keep or fire Daryl Morey

1. "Confident" - I'd keep Daryl Morey

297 vote(s)
    83.2%
  2. "No Confidence" - I'd fire Daryl Morey

60 vote(s)
    16.8%
  1. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Simple poll. A Clutchfans vote of confidence for Daryl Morey.

A vote of "Confidence" means you want him here.

A vote of "No Confidence" means you want him out.

2. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

:eek: :eek: The first 20 votes are split confidence 5 : no confidence 15

3. Rileydog

I am literally amazed at the number of people that want Morey gone. Folks, please at least have the decency to grace us with your explanation:

1. why do you want him gone

2. what realistic opportunities to grab a superstar did Morey have but failed to deliver.

3. what trades or draft picks did Morey make that suck

4. MandM's

MandM's Member

a year from now when we are in the 8th spot you will wish he was fired. there won't be much improvement from this team. it is the philosophy that is flawed and until les sells and morey is let go, the rockets will continue to be low average.

5. RocketMania1991

Haha wow. Everyone wants to fire the guy who is the reason for our second half turnaround?

6. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

LOL! Funny how things change. :grin:

7. Convictedstupid

This is sort of insane.

1 person likes this.
  8. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

This shouldn't even be a question.

Not sure how 36 people actually voted No.

9. rawool

rawool Member

I am not surprised at the results of this poll. This just proves how many fair-weathered, knee-jerking fans we have.

Daryl hasn't done anything yet to disappoint me. Until we have consecutive losing or missing the playoff seasons, then I'll question him.

10. TheGreatWall

TheGreatWall Member

wow this is ridiculous all the people who want morey gone.
    U guys are n00blords

1 person likes this.
  11. rawool

rawool Member

I wish we could see who voted for what in this poll, I bet the results would be different.

12. Garner

Garner Member

This absurd. Really people?

Come out of the wood works and at least offer an explanation.

66% of this board wants Morey out...amazing.

13. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

I did not like the Adelman firing, but this seriously deserves a facepalm right here. Wow, people.

14. delishman

delishman Member

Morey is the best thing the Rockets have going for them. We could not be any luckier to have him.

He's made mistakes. This is literally inevitable.. but overall he has done a great job. His draft record is insanely good. The man just needs a break.

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

All Morey has done in the past couple years is shed salary, make the roster younger and more athletic. He hasn't addressed the defensive issues in the middle -- and its right to criticize him for that. The only other blunders would have been, I guess, trading for Terrence Williams (though I thought that was a move that would be popular with his detractors), and maybe the contract he gave to Brad Miller (which was mainly an Adelman move).

1 person likes this.
  16. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I honestly have no idea what his plan is at this point. I don't think anyone does. I'll have to see what happens this off season to determine if we're making a run at free agents or have a fire sale and start tanking for a draft pick.

However, he's been phenomenal about getting great supporting pieces for cheap, which is probably the most important job for a GM. Getting the superstars is more about luck than team management. Finding "diamonds in the rough" to get you to that next level is really where a GM earns his salary. I think he's one of the best GMs in the league in that regard, so he has my support at the moment.

But if they continue going the "win now" route without Adelman at the helm, I will really be confused.

1 person likes this.
  17. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

At least it's now normalizing a bit...

18. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

RA leaving was a big move.

Morey deserves at least the end of next season before we evaluate the consequences, ups and down, of this move.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The time for a poll like this is after Morey hires a new coach, and post draft day. The coach will tell us a lot, as will the draft and any deals around the time of the draft. You should have included, "I haven't made up my mind."

20. Rileydog

Actually, right now is the time for the poll because (i) emotions might lead one to vote to get rid of Morey, but (ii) anyone with half a brain and actually uses it would see that Morey is what's right with this team.

I did not want to include a "I haven't made up my mind" option because I didn't want folks to cop out.