1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Myfoxhouston.com: The Adelman Speaks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Apr 19, 2011.

1. karthik.08

karthik.08 Member

signed kobe bryant, 13th pick.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

Not extremely relevant though. If you read the article, Nash and Bryant are about the only two players to really be difference makers in 10 drafts. It happens, but not very often.

4. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

and kobe Bryant

5. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

A sixteen percent chance to me isn't enough of a difference to play the lottery game for years, unless of course there is a loaded draft(2003).Then a one year major tank could do it.

I'm not a fan of tanking continously for the sake of a draft picks. The loss of revenue and fan base could be hard to overcome. I guess I hold the current roster closer to a good playoff team than others. Two solid FA moves could get us there without the need of tanking.

6. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Again, another poster shifting blame off Morey. Morey wanted to experiment with lineups but Adelman wanted to win. Being a die hard Rocket fan, I'll choose winning over silly experiments any day.

7. blacktopKING

blacktopKING Member

Why not just blame both? Both parties were never on the same page after Tmac and Yao went down. You have to compare the team and circumstances that Rick acquired when he first came on board to the team and circumstances he was in before he left.

8. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

RA was classy, even in the divorce. He towed the company line. Hiring ET, his assistant, would be the most feel good story to come out of this.

9. albuster

albuster Member

No other coach in his right mind would have played them. They were busts and discards from other teams so maybe Adelman is smart enough to know that they were a waste of his time and the team's time.

10. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

So your saying theres a chance! :p

11. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Yes, I guess Morey thinks Williams and Thabeet can really play, or he knows they can't play and he wanted the Rockets to tank.

It seems like it is really hard to actually tank because, you need everyone in the organization on the same page, and coaches rarely want to lose on purpose. It looks like Adelman really just decided to leave the Rockets, more than the Rockets deciding not to keep Rick. I'm not very impressed with Williams, Hill, or Thabeet as players, and I don't think they are worth much in a trade, so I'm not sure what Morey has planned.

It would be interesting to know exactly what was discussed between Adelman and Morey, and what direction Morey said he wants to take the team that Adelman couldn't go along with.

I would hate to be a coach and have the GM tell me what players I had to play. It's the coaches job to get wins and to put the best team on the floor, I think Adelaman did a pretty good job in that respect.