1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BREAKING: Rick Adelman is out as Houston Rockets coach

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by karthik.08, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Marteen

Marteen Member

I actually saw this coming from a while away. And those who say Brad Stevens should be the replacement, knock it off. His team put up the worst shooting performance in NCAA Final History.

Besides, I much prefer an assistant that has had years of experience in the NBA. I'm actually a bit excited in the change of scenery. Rick Adelman was sort of old, so I doubt he would have been around here much longer.

2. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

I am deeply concerned about the loss of Jack Sikma. This is going to be devastating.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

4 other games, but that team wasn't devoid of talent either way.

As Phil Jackson said. "Give them some F'n Credit!"

Much more talented than the current team. Although saying Brooks was your starting PG and Wafer was a back up guard...at the time sounds silly. But then those guys were playing great.

Any ways the rest of the games the Lakers started to front Yao (his one kryptonite) and really Yao going out presented new problems for Phil. Rick would have still tried the same mess had Yao stayed healthy, Rick is always getting out coached by Phil. Especially in late game situations.

Still though he's a great coach. The only reason this move was made because the Rockets want to go in a new direction and maybe it was also a financial decision(I really hope not...). May work out brilliantly or may fail completely.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Stick that **** where the sun don't shine. The Rockets have been my team since they drafted Elvin Hayes. We simply have a dumb ass for an owner and a weak sister for a GM. Morey, you've covered yourself with glory, sucking up to Less. May you choke on it.

2 people like this.
  5. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

The Curse of Calvin Murphy lives!!!

6. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Wow! Are we going to get JVG back again??

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

[​IMG]

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Not sure why you are throwing Morey under the bus here.

This is clearly on the owner.

What Les wants, Les gets.

9. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Great post. I'm also a long time fan, and I've seen a lot of bad, bad coaches. Like, pull your fingernails out with your teeth bad.

REEKO doesn't care about a bad coach because it won't affect his viewing experience of the Rockets one bit. He probably just likes Clutch the Bear and the commercials anyway.

1 person likes this.
  11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Did Morey make a public statement of support for Rick Adelman? Did I miss it?

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

No, he didn't. no worries:grin:

13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

You are pulling a modern day DD on this thread.

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

No, he's just being an ass.

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

REEK-O'-TOO-MUCH-HIPPIE-LETTUCE makes DaDakota look like Richard Feynman.

16. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

[​IMG]

17. ThaShark316_28

I wish I could e-slap folks...lmfao @ that logic.

18. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

we were 25-16 the 2nd half of the season... 50-32 pace

early injuries and rotation adjustments to those injuries along with a tough schedule led to a rough start. aaron brooks return from injury play hindered us even more.

I'm really not convinced that letting rick walk means we are going to "tank" next year. With the possibility of D williams, D howard and C paul all being moved next season I think we are going to once again do all we can to try to land one of these guys at the trade deadline. Les and Morey most likely want rick to showcase the younger guys during the 1st half of next year and rick doesn't want any part of it. This to me has to be the only legit reason there can be for letting him go.

Can't really blame either side if you ask me. I don't see why rick would want to waste his probable last coaching years riding on the hope of landing an elite guy via trade.

Morey on the other hand probably realizes this is his last chance at getting a star through trade and if they fail to do so during the upcoming season will probably do what so many people on here are clamoring for and trade away all our older assets at the trade deadline for 2012 picks and younger guys.

19. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Modern day DD and ass is synonymous.

All there is to it is pissing everyone off by excessively posting the same thing over and over again. Except this time with modern colloquial and annoying meme.

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Adelman got more out of this team than anyone expected especially over the last two years with all the drama and injuries. A record of 193-135 with two playoff appearances is not bad at all considering the problems he faced -- I really think this is a poor decision especially if Rick [100%] wanted to return.