1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's Talk Baylor Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by sammy, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

YES!!! This is the kind of news I needed today. Now if we could only get a guard who could get the ball to our NBA level frontcourt....

2. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

Baylor got a JUCO point guard (Pierre Jackson) earlier this month to maybe take over the starting job or backup Walton.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Pierre-Jackson-120151

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WJYkQoSm6UE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. ItsThat1Guy

ItsThat1Guy Member

I knew it was a possibility that I might eventually need Depends some day.

Today is that day.

4. Shaud

Shaud Member

Consider me shocked. An already projected weak draft just got even weaker.

5. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

6. Astro101

Astro101 Member

Beautiful news.

7. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

Done ;)

8. Lonestar28

Lonestar28 Member

Greatness. We're loaded.

9. ron413

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xK9GsIT8VVA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. ColomboLQ

ColomboLQ Member

Baylor is going to be a taller team than the Rockets next season. It's gonna be sick.

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

We were taller this past season. I'm hoping that Miller has that killer instinct that Jones failed to show consistently. Also, is that transfer from Cal eligible to play next season?

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Jones is an idiot, weak draft this year he has a chance to be picked pretty high. Isn't his family also really poor?

13. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

How does staying another year make him an idiot? Yes, I believe his family isn't exactly well off, but I'm sure his family also helped him reach the decision to stay.

Jones knows another year of college ball, and the chance to be "the man" on the team will help him out in the long run. And add the labor disputes to the mix (which are a factor for potential lottery players withdrawing from the draft). Also, the whole suspension thing. I know if I were him, I'd like to finish my college career on the court, rather than watching my teammates on TV or something. Leave on your own terms.

But who knows?

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

He should have entered the draft. He is a high draft pick this year. Who knows what will happen to him during another season in school. He could end up being lower next season. Anything could happen, really. Lots of kids play their entire college career trying to end up being drafted high in the lottery. He is already there. If there is a lockout, he will still be able to play somewhere, somehow. Bad advice given. Bad move, imo.

15. ron413

One more year to develop and hang out at Baylor is not a bad decision at all.

http://www.baylorbears.com/allaccess/?media=241433

16. ColomboLQ

ColomboLQ Member

Franklin becomes eligible to play after the fall semester. I think we see a big jump from PJIII next year. Can't wait.

17. ColomboLQ

ColomboLQ Member

Staying another year didn't seem to hurt Blake Griffin...........

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

It helped Jordan Hamilton immensely.

TD stayed all four seasons. Paul stayed 2.

19. Shaud

Shaud Member

I will never understand people that call kids idiots for returning to school.

20. Shaud

Shaud Member

Also if this 20 year old age limit gets pushed during the CBA Jones draft stock won't hurt much.