1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's the EAST FINALS Game 2 as Tatum and the Celtics host Haliburton and the Pacers. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone hear anything about Tyronne Washington?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Miggidy Markell, Jul 28, 2000.

Tags:
  1. Miggidy Markell

I think that he has alot of potential for the Rockets. We all know Pig tries 100% every game and T Mass probably is a good player for the Rockets but they are both free agents right? We don't want to be wasting cap room on them even if it was a very small amount. I think the Rockets should sign Tyronne to the Minimum!

------------------
    I'm tha hip hop attracta, rapper slash acta, right back at cha!

2. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

You're awfully generous aren't you.

------------------
    Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning? - Dubyah in Florence, SC. 01/11/2000

3. Miggidy Markell

Yeah I know I sound cheap but remember we also gave Cuttino the minimum and look at how good he is!!!!

------------------

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

True. Let's give everybody the minimum. We'll have an all-star team. [​IMG]

------------------
    Just shut up and post

5. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Damn, money grubbing, summer hoops hopefuls. They'll be happy with what we give 'em! [​IMG]

------------------
    Ugh, Another Rockets off-season....I'm gonna need a keg
    of Pepto-Bismol.

6. Miggidy Markell

THAT'S THE SPIRIT!!!!!

------------------

7. BobbyWarren

BobbyWarren Member

All kidding aside, I think if the Rockets decide to add T. Washington to the roster, it'll be a one year, minimum salary contract. And I bet he'll be more than happy to take it in hopes of proving himself during the season and landing a raise.

------------------

8. Miggidy Markell

True, lets hope they do sign him!

------------------

9. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

Watching T. Washington's enthusiasm (constantly smiling and talking) I'm pretty sure he'd be amped to play period. Money would just make it easier/more realistic. [​IMG]

------------------
    Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning? - Dubyah in Florence, SC. 01/11/2000

10. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

so is Tyronne not under under contract for this year? Can any team sign him if he doesn't make the team and goes back to Europe? Does that mean Venson Hamilton is now available too?

------------------

11. Miggidy Markell

No I think the Rockets have his rights because they picked him in the draft.

------------------

12. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

OK, but what does this talk about the Rockets having signed this year's 2nd round pick to a first year guaranteed, 2nd year option mean? I thought maybe it meant that if the Rockets didn't pick up the option for the 2nd year, the MAvericks would sign him?

------------------