1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets would be in the playoffs with Yao Ming healthy

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IBTL, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Without Yao Ming the Rockets will reach to #9 in the Western Conference.
    With their star being able to playing the Playoff without injury then our team could be a contender.

2. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

He's not a star anymore and he's not capable of anything but slowing the chemistry down to crawl. Please stop posting delusional stuff.

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

LOL!

I miss having a big presence in the middle....I don't miss the slower offense.

4. mag

mag Contributing Member

We will be in the playoffs with any real center!!!

5. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

It is true that with Yao the Rockets started 0-5; but let's face it. There was a silly limit on Yao's minutes that messed up chemistry.

Rick had his hands handcuffed by the Yao's Limit of minutes, which were set before the season began. As a coach he could not get a feel for the playing rotation. If something was going good with Yao, as the minutes limit were coming up it forced him to sit Yao.

Had Yao stayed healthy, I would like to think that the Rockets would have gotten themselves into a nice little run and been the 5th or 6th seed. Even with the horrid early start.

6. YaosDirtyStache

[​IMG]

IN. BEFORE. THE. LOCK.

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Better, in contention.

8. choujie

choujie Member

No. Yao only played 3 of first 5 games. Rockets won game 6 with Yao in the lineup.

Yao wasn't fully healthy at that time.

9. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

If the queen had balls, she would be the king.

10. choujie

choujie Member

No. Yao only played 3 of first 5 games. Rockets won game 6 with Yao in the lineup.

Yao wasn't fully healthy at that time.

Last time when Yao was fully healthy, Rockets won 50+ games and went to 2nd round before Martin/Lee was here and before Lowry/Hayes becomes so good.

11. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Maybe,just maybe,Yao would be in the way alot offensively. Thats not to say he wouldnt help defensively, but teams would put him in pnr and work him like a $2 trick.

12. choujie

choujie Member

Believe or not, Yao made bigger impact on defense than offense.

pnr was always a problem for Yao, but that doesn't prevent Rockets from being a top 10 defensive team for many seasons. Giving up jump shots is always better than giving up layups.

This year we don't have that pnr problem but defense goes down the drain.

13. acjeitherocket

14. Olajuwon34

Olajuwon34 Member

How dumb are you? You're still obsessing over Yao Ming? Face it, his career is over. He's a freak of nature. His body can't handle basketball for an entire season.

Yao Ming needs to be forgotten, he means nothing to us at this juncture.

15. SeabrookMiglla

of course we would be better with yao than with out him, 7'6 yao > 6'6 chuck.

with yao you just never know too many factors to this question, its like define "healthy"?

playing 20 -24 minutes a game and executing 2 drastically different styles of play in 48 minutes.

if we had yao right now and he played 24 minutes every night and rarely missed a game, i dont think we would have not done the battier brooks trade. given that we would need to play half court and need bat's D accompanied with martin and brooks raining 3's.

at least that was the initial plan coming into the season right?

IMO im talkin out my ass here- like others have said, i dont think adelman was down with this whole yao 24minutes scenario. i think it killed potential flow of our offense that we see now, but i think we would have adjusted to having the big man down low.

in conclusion: i would rather have him here than not for THIS season, but thats it.

the yao era is over, yaos a great player but his injuries are heart wrenching. its like a 7'6 girlfriend whos good in bed but never sticks around. did i just say that?

it woud be

16. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Yeah of course but he's not healthy so get over it. Plus even if he's playing, I don't think the Rockets would be as successful because his minutes would throw the team chemistry off.

17. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

wow talk about harsh for a guy that simply had an injury and re injured it.. He was a rocket ,and last time I checked is still a rocket.

He has been a good player when he played, and a good guy good teammate etc. He is a rocket, and despite his tough times he has handled it as best he could. Way to be respectful to a rocket, cause you sure know ming wanted to break that bone in his foot!

well anyway it doesn't matter because as long as he decides to play he will be here. You all can say what you want ,and it sucks to have to live with that negativity.He is a rocket for life. live with it.love it or shove it.les and co have already decided it so your worthless opposition to the idea of ming is just that - worthless. It's happening folks as long as ming says so -- eat it.the head .. eat it.

easy this thread is all about goofy gifs and acting like a 10 year old. no need to say anything of merit except trying to clown our own center...I mean he is a rocket so we should clown him..even though prob could of used him. let's clown him. hardy har har... I'm 10. :confused:

18. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

woulda, coulda, shoulda ...

19. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Thats a crack up. Whats with all these random out of nowhere replies.?

Someone else wrote "when I get wet - I get moist" And that clip with "mamma mia, papa pia baby got a diorhea" Craked me the hell up. Ive got a belly ache from cracking up so much. Funniest **** ive seen all day.

Aweome replies.

20. Stepping Razor

True, chemistry wouldn't be that far off, but we would surely not be able to run and gun with Yao on the floor, but thats not necessarily a bad thing...but yeah we would be a top 5 team in the West no doubt.