1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it acceptable to show up to a Rockets game in a Tracy McGrady jersey nowadays?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 30, 2011.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

Aside from the last game I went to, PHX, I have worn my 96 shirt to every game in the last 3 years. I'm even wearing it right now in the library at my school haha. But Artest is my favorite NBA player so I could care less if he doesn't play for us anymore I just think he's awesome.

2. SunsRocketsfan

yup name on the front that counts but I still couldn't stand looking at McGardy on the back of my jersey so I took it off :) too bad Twill looks like a head case.. oh well :) when this team is a bit more stable i'll get my next player jersey

Here is what i did with my tmac jersey
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=201540

3. Munozadj

Munozadj Contributing Member

How would you like it if I wore a Rockets jersey of Herrera to a game? Oh, I don't think they ever made a jersey for continually injured players that never really contributed much to the Rockets other than 93'-'94 (That's one year for anyone who's not a mathematician). How embarrassing would that be to be seen wearing his unlucky number seven? Just like wearing a McGrady jersey, only that hurt player tried to carry a pathetic roster of a team on his back but that roster sucked the life out of him and is why he is the shell of the man he is today.

Also, why are you so politically-correctness worried? You think everyone who attends a game has a silver spoon stuck up his *censored* like you? and can afford the latest and hottest player's jerseys? Why not just worry about hoping the Rockets make the playoffs and you don't trip on your big ego and be happy someone supports the team by wearing what is available instead of the Utah Spazz number 32.

2 people like this.
  4. mattrbowers

mattrbowers Member

I'd say it's acceptable behavior ...

You'd better have some thick skin if you do.

Once I went to see the Bills play the 'Boys, wearing a Bledsoe jersey that really got me a lot of tough comments. It's all in good fun though.

A little different story: I went to see the Yankees play and sat in the bleacher section (a section known for die hard fans). One guy came in wearing an Orioles jersey and they wouldn't stop heckling and yelling at him to take it off. He of course refused, thinking that it was all in good fun. But eventually the die hard Yankee fans literally pulled the jersey off the guy and trashed it! True story ... it was also the year Sosa played for them and I can still hear in my head the chant "Sosa sucks!"

5. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

You just didn't recognize tinman

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I have no problem with anyone wearing a former player's jersey. Artest jersey, for example, is fine with me. Same goes with Battier, Smith, Drexler, Horry and yes, Herrera and other members of the championship teams.

Tracy McGrady is a special case. He is dead to me ever since the Toronto game when he just gave up.

And chill with the angry accusatory tone. How do you know whether I have a "silver spoon" and that enable me to buy multiple latest jerseys? How do you know whether I had the money to buy even a McGrady jersey when he was around.

McGrady, as a Rocket, is dead to me, as he to with many other fans. Most of us, I'd imagine, are not in possession of any silver spoon. Many of us spend our own hard-earned money on the team and did not appreciate what McGrady turned into.

#26 Carl Herrera, Mar 30, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  7. mattrbowers

mattrbowers Member

Ouch!!! Did this guy wrong you some how?

8. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

so? im definitely wearing mine

9. HTXEZE

HTXEZE Member

what about an aaron brooks jersey!? its a limited edition and before i even got to wear it he got traded! :mad:

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

Haha my buddy went to the Lakers Rockets playoff series in LA, with his Tmac jersey, when we had just beat them on their court and he said everyone was throwing popcorn at him and screaming in his ear with those cone things. Too bad we got stomped that night..

11. thejav

thejav Member

to each his own...simple as that..

12. Munozadj

Munozadj Contributing Member

I'm in a bad mood. Nothing personal on Carl, but it was disrespectful. I have a bunch of jerseys of Olajuwon, Clyde, Francis, Yao, McGrady, Barkley, and Pippen. I only refuse to wear Pippen's cause he's the worst Rocket ever.

Lighter please?

13. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

I've got 6 Tmac jerseys, I don't wear them. ever. I think 3 of them I got after he was a Rocket, on sale or in Goodwill, but those were swingman jerseys, so I unstitched his name and am working on making a Rocketgirl 00 jersey with one of them. I actually converted one into a jersey for my dog.

[​IMG]

T-Mac #1 jerseys are 100000000 times better than wearing a T-Mac #3 jersey. I laugh when I see people wear those. I see a bunch of people still wearing the #1s around the Toyota Center still. SMH. I personally do not find it acceptable to show up in a Tmac jersey nowadays, but if it's all they have then yes. I'd rather them come in Rockets gear than not at all. Artest, Landry, Brooks & Battier jerseys I don't mind seeing. Ariza- I'm iffy.

The Rockets have had such a high player turnover that it makes it difficult to purchase jerseys. Spurs fans have been able to wear Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili jerseys for years!! If you've checked out stores, the only 2 current Rockets players jerseys (excluding Yao) are Scola and Martin. You'll find Brooks and Battier on the sales rack. Even in our own Team Shop it's the same way. It'll be interesting to see what jerseys we'll have this fall. I can't wait to start seeing Lowry jerseys in stores!

1 person likes this.
  14. mattrbowers

mattrbowers Member

Now that I can relate to!

I hope your day gets better!! :grin: Go Rockets!!! :grin:

15. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

While I wouldn't wear a McGrady jersey anymore, I support people coming to games in jerseys and team colors. So if that happened to be his one article of Rockets clothing, I'm glad he wore it.

16. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I say yes, absolutely.

I love my Rockets, and I can't imagine a scenario where that won't be true til the day I die, but I still support T-Mac. I mean he's no Pippen. Yeah, McGrady had his issues, and yeah, things didn't end on the greatest terms, but he had the potential to lead what could have been the best teams in Rockets history if not for injuries/bad luck. Maybe he had some mental and motivational problems, but he wanted to play, and he wanted to win, and he wanted to do both in a Rockets uniform. But it just didn't work out.

I still got love for you, Mac.

17. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

That's extremely creepy that you took a picture of a random guy that you don't even know....

18. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Dude, the history isn't that bad with him!!
    You all have made a bigger deal out of the tmac thing than it really was!!

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The Rockets need to offer a re-naming/re-numbering guarantee for jerseys given Daryl "The High Frequency Trader" Morey's penchant for selling off players.

All authentic jerseys sold at full price should come with a 1-year guarantee that, if the player gets traded within that year, the Rockets will arrange to have the name and numbers replaced to that of another player.

This might make it easier for fans to shell out big money for jerseys.

20. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

Probably his only Rockets jersey.
    Also, he probably figures no point in investing in a new one, whoever he buys will probably end up getting traded...so the kid loses again.