1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We Win all 8 Remaining Games !

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kmav23, Mar 29, 2011.

1. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

If we beat the Sixers i believe we will win all remaining games and get into the playoffs !

30/3 @sixers tough game they are a bogey side for us

1/4 Spurs
    -we win as Spurs play boston the day before and likely rest some starters for this game (duncan also injured)

3/4 Atlanta
    - home game we should be rested and favourites and Atlanta have no incentive to win as they are locked for 5th place

5/4 Kings
    - Easy win, need to rest starters

6/4 @ New Orlens-Hardest game must win ! - back to back away game. they have no david west this time thou

9/4 @Cippers
    -We are fully rested no excuse as clippers playing for nothing

11/4 Mavs
    -Home game / Mavs should be resting players.

13/11 @Wolves
    - We Win against wolves playing for nothing

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Jesus how devastating would it be if all came down to the Timberwolves and we blow it. Knock on wood.

3. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT?:mad:

4. RX2012

RX2012 Member

ROFL:grin:

5. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

I lol'd even though deep down I hate you for putting this thought into my head.

6. thebender

thebender Member

losing to them (and other similar teams) earlier in the season might well be what blew it......

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I hate these threads honestly. Lets just think about the 6ers right now, thats the only game the Rockets should be worried about. They can easily win and dent those hopes once again.

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

To break the jinx, I will say that we lose to the "%!%!&!& Spurs...they let everyone else win, but will do all they can against us.

9. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

OP, your wacky non-American dates are infuriating. If its not American, it's wrong!

10. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

11. Glenyo

Glenyo Member

i got this gut feeling that we will win to a hard team but lose to a wacky team.

12. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Huge game tonight as I think this is the second least winnable game, or maybe even the least winnable Duncan (and maybe Parker) are out for the Spurs and the Mavs actually rest their players.

I'm really worried about this game, because the Sixers length and athleticism were just too much for us last game. They have several players that are good finishers around the basket and we are the least qualified team in the NBA to make it any more difficult for them.

Also, as it stands right now the Mavs are one game back on the Lakers. I doubt they rest players if it remains that close to the end.

David West alone is typically the reason the Rockets lose to the Hornets, so I think we have a good shot in that game.

#12 DCkid, Mar 30, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  13. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

What does this even mean?

Jinx thread is not a good idea.

14. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I honestly can't believe we have a decent shot at 47 wins...I thought we'd win 50ish with Yao but without him or any true inside presence, I would have never imagined it.

That Hornets game will indeed be big but tonight's Sixers' game is going to be trouble.

Credit where credit is due, Rockets have battled and proved to be a good team.

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Philly steamrolled the hottest team in the NBA The Bulls the other night... If the Rockets can win tonight I will get alot more confident. Either way, HUGE GAME tonight, and I am clearning out my schedule to cheer them on!!!....

Keys to win tonight in Philly-

-Need a huge night out of Patterson/Hill off of the bench. Their size and athleticism give the Rockets the ability to match the length and athleticism that Philly has.

-Control the boards

-Score in the paint/Get to the line. Good perimeter defensive team. Get into the paint to open things up a bit.

-Limit turnovers. Philly isnt really a run and gun team, but they have the ability to capitalize on turnovers. If your create a turnover, you might as well go ahead and put 2 points up on the board for Philly.

16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Let's just go Run and Gun the rest of the way and hopefully the other team doesn't have the firepower to out gun us.

17. Burko

Burko Member

For Clarification:

Weslinder - A "Bogey-Side" would be a team that you always struggle against, usually this team would be seen as a lesser team, as getting beaten by a better team than yourself would not be anything out of the ordinary.

Fullcourt - You have to understand that we struggle with your (American) dates as well, it's just a shame that when we gave you our language you decided to take issue with 1. the letter "U" and 2. The date format.

Thanks for McDonalds though, I'm loving that.

p.s. We dont actually all eat Scones/Crumpets and drink tea.

That is all.

:)

2 people like this.
  18. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Thank god somebody fixed the date system before it got to america. That would have been frustrating.

19. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

You didn't give us anything, we took it.
    Oh, snap!

...and you're welcome for McDonald's. Now go get your teeth fixed. [​IMG]

#19 Disciple of RP, Mar 30, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  20. rju1986

rju1986 Member

"I like it!" Clyde Drexler

1 person likes this.