1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Howl - 8.5/10

I'm more and more impressed by James Franco's acting prowess lately, this film was no exception. The pacing is probably a little off-putting to people, but for those of us who enjoy poetry (1% of the population), or identified with Ginsberg's writing, this is a must-see.

One thing I found very interesting about the film was that all the words used in it were actually all true to life, taken from Ginsberg himself and from the court transcripts of the infamous 1957 obscenity trial.

2. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

3. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

Exit through the Gift shop. 8/10. Definitely better than anticipated. I don't really have a lot of interest in street art, but this was a pretty interesting documentary. And done from a unique perspective.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Power Kids - 3/10/B]

It's Basically A Tony Jaa movie.. with kids. Damn you Netflix, this was terrible.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

sigh... fixed.

6. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

don't anyone here EVER watch "The Human Centipede."

most effed up movie i've seen, ever.

7. dmc89

dmc89 Member

[​IMG]

Lonely Hearts (2006)

6.5/10

Atmospheric detective movie that nicely depicts the late 40s era. The story is John Travolta and James Gandolfini are two world weary homicide detectives on the trail of serial killers (Salma Hayek and Jared Leto) that swindle lonely women through newspaper personals.

Unfortunately, the movie focused too much on the uninteresting detectives and not the killers. Not much of a shock factor either. Honestly, were it not for Salma Hayek and her gorgeousness along with the historical setting, I wouldn't have finished the movie. It could've been like Badlands or Bonnie and Clyde, but it didn't deliver.

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Barney's Version - 8.1/10

Saw it at River Oaks last week, Paul Giamatti was great and the story was really enjoyable. The ending would have been brilliant if not for the dead giveaway at the beginning of the movie which made it very predictable.

9. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Skyline.

Terrible acting.

4/10

10. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I saw "Diary of a Wimpy Kid - Rodrick Rules" today with my son and it was hilarious. Very well done. Worth seeing even if you don't have kids.

It's not going to get any Oscar nods but I laughed all the way through it.

1 person likes this.
  11. Shrimz

Shrimz Member

Limitless 8/10

12. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

127 Hours 7/10. Kept me entertained. Picked up some cool tips for survival if I ever need it.

13. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

Paul 4/10 very disappointed with this one since I enjoyed the previous works from these guys.

Sucker Punch 6/10 Story crap but I was entertained.

Red 4/10 This was terrible. How did this get decent reviews? Was this supposed to be a comedy? It was unfunny and way too long.

14. blacktopKING

blacktopKING Member

Battle of LA

Meh, 6/10. I expected a lot more.

15. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

"I had an experience. I can't prove it. I can't even explain it. All I can tell you is that everything I know as a human being, everything I am, tells me that it was real. I was given something wonderful. Something that changed me. A vision of the universe that made it overwhelmingly clear just how tiny and insignificant and at the same time how rare and precious we all are. A vision that tells us we belong to something greater than ourselves that we're not - that none of us is alone."

17. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

Conviction - 5/10. I don't know how much of this movie is actually true.
    I hope the part where they find the supposedly destroyed evidence is true. Otherwise that part is ridiculously stupid.
    Anyway, it was nothing special.

Little Fockers - 6/10. Fairly entertaining. De Niro is good. Not laugh-out-loud funny but I don't think it's supposed to be.

In Bruges - 3/10. Slow and all around pointless. I hear it's supposed to be really witty. I didn't watch it in English so maybe all of that was lost in translation.

The Next Three Days - 7.5/10. I enjoyed this movie. Reminded me of Prison Break.

The Ruins - 5/10. Your average horror flick. Will do if you've got time to kill though there are definitely better ways to do that.

Waiting... - 5.5/10. Your average comedy. Nothing really memorable about it.

Jeeper Creeper 2 - 5/10. Same as The Ruins.

Shutter Island - 8.5/10. Very good movie. Definitely recommend to check it out if you haven't.
    Throughout the end I thought how much it would take to convince me of something I believed to be clearly false.

In Bruges probably wasn't the worst movie out of all of these but expectations are important. I was expecting dumb films when I watched The Ruins, Waiting... or JC. Not so much with In Bruges.

18. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

The Lion King 9/10.

I was really surprised how good the animation was for a movie of that time. The story was actually really great and I'm not gonna lie, when Simba's dad died, I got teary eyed.

Great movie.

19. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Sucker Punch - D- - Zack's personal spank bank videos as a full on movie! Action was cool but utterly silly and overlong.

Paul - B- Funny but a lot broader than I expected, Edgar Wright's direction was sorely missed.

20. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

Due Date. Very bad.