1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Biggest Surprise This Year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pugsly8422, Mar 24, 2011.

?

Who/what has been the biggest surprise this year?

1. Chase stepping up as a starter

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  2. Kevin missing only 2 games

12 vote(s)
    6.0%
  3. Brooks' terrible play & attitude

65 vote(s)
    32.7%
  4. Battier & Brooks being traded

15 vote(s)
    7.5%
  5. Possible playoff appearance

5 vote(s)
    2.5%
  6. Scola streak comes to an end

2 vote(s)
    1.0%
  7. Explosion of Chuck

20 vote(s)
    10.1%
  8. Emergence of Kyle

62 vote(s)
    31.2%
  9. Patterson playing this well, this soon

17 vote(s)
    8.5%
  1. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I voted for Brooks, because his attitude really shocked me. I always liked Kyle better as a starter (I thought he was the best player on that Villanova Final Four team), but I thought Brooks could thrive in a bench role.

I think you missed one that deserves a mention. I've been pretty surprised at how well Courtney Lee has played. He's been a nice addition.

2. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Terrence Williams butting heads with Adelman and getting no playing time after being traded for a 1st round pick.

3. PeppermintCandy

He might be the flavor of the week right now, but my vote goes to Chuck Hayes.

No one could have predicted that he'd fix his free-throw shooting and offensive game as much as he has. He really should be in the mix for the Most Improved Player award.

4. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Who among us could possibly have predicted AB becoming more of a cancer to his team than Charlie Villanueva? That's gotta be #1.

5. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Is there an option for picking them all?

6. Grimm920

Grimm920 Member

Brooks' bad attitude by far...

At the start of the year when Chase was playing horribly I still had faith in him.

Lowry was playing well last year so his emergence was somewhat expected.

Patterson playing well was a no brainer. Morey drafts very well..

7. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Aaron Brooks..who would have ever guessed his worst season would come right before it's time for him to get paid? Huge mistake on his case..although the suns might pay him to have an "heir" to the great steve nash. Chuck Hayes and Kyle lowry's effort and improvement throughout the entire season has impressed me a lot as well

8. ribbit

ribbit Member

Voted for "Brook's terrible play and attitude." I thought he would be playing at the same intensity as last season, the very least, being his contract year. Terrible surprise. SMH.

9. TheDreamShake

TheDreamShake Member

I would have voted for Brooks, but I'm tryin to get that whole situation out of my mind.....I voted for P. Patt instead! "Go Get it Young fella!"

10. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

How about wasting a first round pick for a guy like Terrence Williams? I have to admit, I was pretty excited when I first read this. But I knew, either him or someone else, wouldnt get to play a whole lot. But what surprised me was his attitude. He seriously needs to get it together or GET OUT! we already had to deal with AB's baby-like attitude, and now T-Will.

And brad Miller's "clutch" plays during the last minutes of the games impressed me a lot!...SMH

11. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

As a direct result of most of the surprises listed, I voted for playoffs. We could easily have folded, even more easily when Brooks got injured, but because of the play of Patterson, Lowry, and Martin as well as the emergence of Chase and the force that is the Chuckwagon, we are in this hunt.

12. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Yes, it should be a multi-pick poll.

13. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

Great idea for a Thread...