1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 3/23/2011

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

I heart Carl.

2. Rockston

Rockston Member

Courtney Lee.

3. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

This is going to be a great game that we win. How do I know? I gave away my season tickets to the game, along with 2 others. Give me a break, it was the son of the owner of my company! Sad thing is, I'm sure he's used to sitting in a suite....

Pugs

4. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Like someone else said, do NOT get tempted to try to beat them at their own gimmick run and chuck offense. Slow it down. Be physical.

Feel much better about our chances against this team with Kyle running the ship than I would have with AB.

5. sfayner

sfayner Member

Grizzlies play Celtics in Boston. We should be able to pick up a game on them with a big win.

6. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Please, lose Rockets. I'm sick of all this talk of making the playoffs!

7. Jakej90

Jakej90 Member

I'll be there. I'll be in the best seats I've ever had so I am pumped!

8. buffalobills!!!

Woo 12th-14th draft pick!

9. ABforPresident

10. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

we've got to get this one, with Tim duncan out, the spurs' three game trip against Denver, Portland and Memphis seems not so bright, they might lose all three of them, let's hope they will beat memphis, but can't bank too much on that....

what a tough luck, we just can't get a break

11. johnnyonthespot

Really? We have a legitimate chance at making the playoffs this season and even a first round exit would provide better experience for our young guys and benefit our team more in the long run than a late lottery pick would. I am pulling for the playoffs until it is mathematically impossible. Even if we get swept in the first round that means at least I get to watch my Rockets play 4 more games this season.

12. HookemHorns1250

About time. Tired of these off days!

As any of the remaining games, a huge one for the Rockets. Memphis about to face a rough 3 game stretch, but got to take care of our own business first.

Go Rockets!

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

So what? DM will come out on top just like he did with Patterson :cool:

14. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

You gotta be joking..

Please, win Rockets. I'm sick of all this talk about tanking/NOT making the playoffs for a 3 picks lower.

15. RX2012

RX2012 Member

should win by at least 5 if the rockets keep it close

16. Roxs-Redemption

Courtney Lee then PatPat

17. BeARocketsFan

BeARocketsFan Member

From my local SF newspaper:

http://stats.sfgate.com/nba/preview.asp?g=2011032310&home=10&vis=9

Houston will try to close its six-game homestand on a high note before beginning a three-game road trip versus East opponents. The Rockets have won two of three against the Warriors this season, giving them 11 victories in 12 matchups, and they've taken the last six meetings at home.

Martin has averaged 27.7 points in his last three against Golden State.

The Warriors (30-41) have dropped five in a row, falling 111-96 at San Antonio on Monday. The Spurs scored 23 points off 17 turnovers and led 32-21 at the end of the first quarter.

"We can score the ball pretty good," point guard Acie Law said. "We've just got to finish it out defensively. It's been a long season and it's a work in progress. Hopefully we can get better ... We won't give up, we are going to continue to fight it out."

Golden State has given up 112.2 points the last five games, up from its season average of 105.9 that is second worst in the league.

Leading scorer Monta Ellis will try to bounce back after another rough night, as he finished with 10 points and shot 4 of 13. Ellis is averaging 24.2 points but has scored 12.0 per contest while shooting 33 percent over the last three games.

Ellis, though, should be very happy to see Houston. He scored a career high-tying 46 points in a 132-128 home win over the Rockets on Oct. 27 and had 44 in a 121-112 home loss to Houston on Dec. 20.

The guard struggled at the Toyota Center on Nov. 24, scoring 18 points and going 7 of 21 from the field as the Warriors fell 111-101, but he's averaged 32.0 points in his last six games in the series.

18. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

homo or no homo? j/k

Should be a good game for us..

Rox: 101
    GS: 98

19. da_juice

da_juice Member

Their starting center is Ekpe Udoh, so we don't have to worry about giving up height. Hayes and PatPat can probably shut down David Lee, I think Lowry can handle Curry, expect Lee to guard Ellis, since he's a better offensive player than whoever the Warriors have at the 3. We need Martin to score more than Ellis or we need Ellis to become a ballhog and not get his teammates involved. We can easily beat them if they play 1-on-5.

20. Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma Member

Lee will guard Ellis

Martin will guard D. Wright. Who hits lots of threes. I think he leads in NBA in number of made 3's. He will shoot bunch of 3's... I am hoping Martin will not leave him alone out there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.