1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why are the Atlanta Hawks Always Such a Let Down.......

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RocketMania1991, Mar 23, 2011.

1. RocketMania1991

Seriously, this team is full of legitimate players.

Joe Johnson/Josh Smith/Horford is a great starting 3. Hinrich isn't a slouch either.

You've got the 6th man of the year Crawford coming off the bench as well.

The only real weakness is the overall bench. But with the talent this team has they should definitley have more than 40 wins.......

It seems like its a mental thing with this team. They have no definitive leader. Johnson isn't vocal enough. Josh Smith seems like he can have attitude problems sometimes and not be motivated.

This team has young talent and should consistently be improving. Not regressing like they have been.

I would love to have a good portion of those players on the Rockets. And were only a few wins behind them.

I feel like I've already answered my question but I wish this team could perform much better than they do.......

2. Entropy

Entropy Member

Go Ron! Wooo

3. RocketMania1991

Oh I forgot they are 40-31 yet have a point differential of -0.3

They just get blown out and don't show up for alot of games it seems.

4. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Without having seen them play much, my impressions is that they really need a game-changer. The NBA's a superstar driven league, and the Hawks have a bunch of good players, but no one that great. No one on that team is dominant in any one facet of the game.

5. JamesC

JamesC Member

They have no heart.

6. lalala902102001

There's not much fight in that team. Once they are down they are out.

That's the character of a mediocre team.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Corrected.

When your lead dog is a passive weakfish like JJ, your team has a glass ceiling that is only so high. The Hawks don't have an elite lead player and never have. Plus Larry Drew is an inferior coach to even Mike Woodson.

Leadership on the floor and the bench has been the Hawks problem, along with not having a legit PG. But as we've seen before, an elite SG can overcome the PG problem. But JJ is not elite.

8. link71113

link71113 Member

Man... That team is kinda sad. Blown the hell out and the crowd chanting MVP for someone on the other team. For a team that seems like they could be somewhat dangerous, they have no heart at all. They just took the punches and backdown.

Glad I roll with the Rockets. Chuck Hayes would have ****ed someone up that game. Ahah

9. da_juice

da_juice Member

No passion, no heart. Same with the fanbase. Seems like everyone in the organizition is content with being perennial 5th or 6th seeds and getting bumped out of the 1st or 2nd round every year.

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

They are the definition of middle of the pack in the East

Can never reach the level of Miami, Celtics, Bulls, even Magic

But have enough talent and all stars to never sink as low as the rest of them.

But they will always go through a shet opponent in the first round, only to get completely analed by one of the above elite teams.

11. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

This is a serious question. I thought after that Boston series they would only get better, didnt think they would get worse. It just seen like they have no passion for the game at all.

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

You don't have an Alpha Dog on that team. A lot of talent, yes.

They also show signs of a team that has no impetus, no will to win, no drive. Joe Johnson got paid but he didn't get to play for the team he wanted. I'm sure he wanted out of Atlanta. It's funny.

You'd think Atlanta would have the crowd to back up an NBA team. But the Hawks get NO support. One of the BSPN guys recently wrote how he was there to watch a game and the announced crowd of whatever was nowhere near the actual number of people.

JJ complained of the crowd support there. It doesn't negate the money he gets to win. But if the Hawks can blow it up a little, they should. They're paying some money for mediocrity.

13. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

Wat dOes yall expect wen yo home crowd be ruting fo da otha team mvp?

Dey needs some real Fans first, like Rockets fans

14. BROOKS & DONE

BROOKS & DONE Member

they know their in the east and gonna coast into the playoffs then try to turn it on in the playoffs but IT wont be there. also terrible coaching staff give rick that much talent and athleticism plus vets. serious contenders in the west

15. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

joe johnson is pretty dominant in the salary facet of the game. but that doesn't seem to help much.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

no leadership

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

they should have gotten involved in the Melo sweepstakes

18. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

This team has no mojo and for whatever reason JJ has been dogs**t since signing that Allan Houston contract.

JJ has gotten worse
    Josh Smith can't lead the way
    Horford is an enigma
    Marvin sucks (and they're stuck with him)
    Jamal Crawford is literally their entire bench

Man, if I were Mike Woodson I'd be on the floor howling at the thought of this organization thinking they were above bringing me back.

Like I said in the other thread: if the playoffs started today the Hawks would get swept out of the first round. That's pretty bad when you're talking about a five seed.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

LOL why? Their main problem is that they're paying 20M a year for Joe Johnson, the anti-Tmac. He's professional, works hard, doesn't rub people the wrong way, however when its playoff time he always posts mediocre stats.

Getting someone like Melo would only exacerbate their overpaid player problem, they already have their own talented problem child in Josh Smith.

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

JJ isn't exactly the anti-Tmac. Neither guy has any heart or is a leader on the floor or locker room, which is what the Hawks are missing.

The big difference is JJ isn't a drama queen and doesn't impale himself by saying stupid things to the media. He also seems to be a down-to-earth guy who isn't completely full of himself.