1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AB: "I don't miss it."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jrett121, Mar 23, 2011.

1. hairyme

hairyme Member

OP: Did he respond to you in jest? Was he smiling at all when said that or did he state it matter-of-factly?

I don't miss Brooks at all, but I do hope he does well in Phoenix...

2. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He should go hang out with K9 Thomas.

3. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

he was always an ass.

i remember when i met the rockets after a game in new jersey. i got pics with everyone. the players, the coaches, bill and matt, even got to chat with morey for a few minutes... but when i met ab, i asked politely for a pic and he said he was too busy, then proceeded to hang out and talk with devin harris for 20 minutes like 10 feet from me. when their conversation ended i asked him again and he said again that he was too busy.

total ass.

4. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

You don't have awkward silences in jest.

5. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

It's called a grudge....... A.B.s entire career was changed by an ankle roll and now he's barely playing for a team he probly doesnt want be on. He misses Houston, he just doesn't like how things ended.... and honestly idk how many other ways he can respond infront of his new team....

6. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

oh, he mad. :eek:

7. ozzcap

ozzcap Member

After this story, maybe i should change my sig. Good thing I didnt spend 70+ on his jersey. What a douche. Speaking of old jerseys, anybody want a free Stacy Mcgirly jersey? :grin:

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Also Houston not giving him an extension before the season started, and then trading him when he was at his lowest probably caused him a lot of money.

Its reasonable for him to feel bitter, esp. with the lockout coming and him not knowing how much he'll make or where he'll end up next year.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Rick gave him plenty of chances to get the job back. Brooks never took it back, and if a sprain ankle affects him THAT much then he's not going to have a great NBA career.

I mean really, pretty much every player sprains their ankle like once a year.

10. Grimm920

Grimm920 Member

Why would he say he misses his other team right in front of his new team mates? Of course he is going to say something negative...

He was complaining about not having any minutes here in Houston and he just played 14 minutes in a triple overtime loss to the Lakers so he is stuck there as well

11. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

AB was playing pretty bad even before the ankle roll. This season was real bad for him. He seems real down right now given his situation. Goes from starting point guard on a team with high expectations at the start of the season to being traded as a struggling backup point guard...only to be a struggling back up point guard that is showing signs of losing that role to a rookie on his new team

12. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

He wasn't good enough to deserve an extension, and there's really no one to blame but himself.

Poor guy is only going to get $4m a year or so for 5 years.

13. Burko

Burko Member

The guy has no heart and only plays when it's in his interest.

Contract Year Player.

Good riddance.

OP should have laughed and asked where AB is off to during the playoffs.

14. plee

plee Member

I think it started when his feeler's were hurt when Lowery got his new contract... He should know it's a biz, he was going to get his payday but he let his emotions take over and now look at him.

15. onreego

onreego Member

His fault for getting for getting MIP in a non contract season. Should have taken a page out of the Bobby Simmons book. Lol

16. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I think the Rockets were going to see if AB would continue to improve. He would have gotten paid, and the Rockets would probably try to trade Lowry. AB made the decision a lot easier for the Rockets. AB may think he lost the job to Lowry because of injury, but he was just outplayed.

Lowry stunk the joint up, too. But he got back in shape and is playing at an allstar level.

AB struggled even more and let his frustration get to him. Cost him his place in the Rockets organization

17. lean

lean Member

I wouldn't expect him to say anything different while standing in front of his new teammates. Still enjoyed the hell out of him while he was here

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Thank you. In front of your new teammates, and the new coaching staff, I'm confident all of you keyboard jockies would offer up some major Houston love right after you were traded.

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Out of sight, out of mind.

If you don't play for my team, I couldn't care less what you say or think.

20. DumDaDumDum

DumDaDumDum Member

Audio/Video or GTFO...

1 person likes this.