1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Patrick Patterson's alleyoop, Chase Budinger's two-handed slam vs. Bobcats

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I wouldnt be opposed to moving Scola in the offseason especially if it were to bring back a guy who could plug the middle. You'd still have plenty at the PF spot with Patterson , Hayes and Hill.

As we've seen since Scola went out , the offense hasnt suffered nor the defense for that matter.

2. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

what a special freakin pass. seriously, awareness in a split second. more aware than i would have ever expected from him

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Chase is such an underrated passer, a lot of his lobs and pick and roll passes are PG like

4. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Well, you know, the plus/minus paraders. Its Hill looked good but was it "really" good. Then OMG Patsquatch is BEAST he's +7

(Though Patterson is the lowest rebounding big man on the team rb%-wise, less than Brad Miller even)

It was funny seeing Jordan Hill and DeMarre Carroll on the court together, hard to tell them apart from a distance :eek:

5. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

Patterson was next to him when the turnover happened. I guess he anticipated PPatt would run with him. Good thing he did bc Chase was fully committed to making the pass before turning back around to check for him.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yeah, it was beautiful and Chuck got it started with a great pass of his own. Adelman probably has this play running in a loop on his bedroom TV. :cool:

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I think we would have won that game in Phoenix with Scola.

8. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

2-2 with 3 games at home and barely wining vs a Nash less Phoenix.

Yes Pat have been awesome, but Scola + Ppat is way better. Don't get fool by barely beating a Nash Less Suns and a pretty bad Bobcat team at home. We been rolling since the trade dateline and Scola have to do a lot with it. The Rox probably win at least the game in Phx vs Suns if Scola was there, especially in the clutch instead of the Miller meltdown.

And yes we been suffer from a go to guy in the post.

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

Yeah I mean I love Scola and in a vacuum he's a guy I'd love it if he retired in a Rockets uniform, but on this team we have three starting caliber power forwards (Scola, Patterson, and Hayes) and a fourth who might get there someday (Hill).

Need a center.

10. bravo six

bravo six Contributing Member

11. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Added it to the original post.

12. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

Why don't our players dance after they dunk?

13. yaomefoothurt

yaomefoothurt Member

he is a rookie kind of nervous so he will do that for a while needs to gain respect

14. yaomefoothurt

yaomefoothurt Member

what patrick patterson's pass to kyle lowry on purpous

15. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Uhh I like Patterson as much as the next guy but his is just plain wrong.

Our defense hasn't improved (it's not hard to stop the Nash-less Suns or the Bobcats) and our offense has only played up to par in the first Suns game where Lowry went off. Without that one career performance from him, we're looking at a bad offensive game in Phoenix as well.

To put that Phoenix game into perspective, we had 117 points per 100 possessions. That's how much we've been AVERAGING since the deadline. So with Lowry's insane performance we still barely hit our average.

16. trustme

trustme Member

Why do you fools want to trade Scola? Do you even watch the Rockets? Do you guys have any analytical skills when it comes to basketball?

17. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Me. Yes believe it or not the guy who wanted sanders over PPat. Once I saw Patrick play in the summer league I envisioned him as our backup 4 over Hill and Hayes.

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Do you still think that Sanders would have been a better pick?

19. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Well if you didn't know he did play volleyball so he's used to setting up balls for spikes. :p:p:p

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I thought Chase used to be the spiker, not the setter in volleyball. Anyways, he showed court vision ever since his first games as a rookie, especially in an open court. It's just that they want him to be the finisher rather than the passer.